kenz

throat/neck?

so has anyone ever had a sore throat where your neck hurts - and im not talking near their glands... the area near my trachea is KILLING me - it's just such a bizarre feeling - and unfortunately my dr is in ny - and im in de - any suggestions on how to get rid of it???
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

so has anyone ever had a sore throat where your neck hurts - and im not talking near their glands... the area near my trachea is KILLING me - it's just such a bizarre feeling - and unfortunately my dr is in ny - and im in de - any suggestions on how to get rid of it???

you only have one doctor in your state
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Stop swallowing - just spit.

seriously, though - I have the same problem. It could very well be a bad case of strep... But you should get it checked out. Doesn't your school have a clinic into which you can walk?

I've never experienced something like that.

I know when I was younger and had meningitis I had a really sore throat and a very stiff painful neck.

As far as pain localized in the larynx, are you a smoker or do you have issues with reflux? I know that those can lead to contact ulcers/granulomas on the vocal fold and that can cause pain/irritation in the laryngeal region.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

still feel like ASS this morning- my throat is worse than last night - i really didnt want to go to the infirmary because their solution with everything is sudafed - they suck - but i might not have a choice

no i do not smoke and don't have a problem with reflux - its just a really bizarre pain that i havent experienced - we'll see what the rent-a-doc has to say - thanks for the advice guys :)

and peter - you now get no response :P
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

Do you have a fever?? If you do, it's viral/bacterial. Viral stuff can't be helped with antibiotics, as you probably already know - lots of fluids, rest, Tylenol/advil for the fever,etc. If it's bacterial, you get antibiotics, do the salt water gargle, etc.

If no fever, there's just a bunch of stuff it "could be", but speculating on all that will just scare you unnecessarily.

Your best bet is to see a doctor ASAP, even if you have to go to a walk-in clinic, because she/he can put your mind at ease that you don't have some freak thing going on.

Feel better soon!
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

i went - i had a fever - she said it was viral - and guess what she gave me - SUDAFED - freakin weirdo - she said if i still havea a fever by monday that i should come back - otherwise just drink a lot of fluids and rest... thanks for the info guys :)