adventurechick

Relaxation Room Ideas

So I am finally moving out of the garage when I come back from Tennessee in a few weeks... and I'm getting an apartment with a good guy friend. Anyways, I want my room to be a winding down/relaxation room with a good ambiance. Currently, I have christmas lights up and incense... of which I will have in my new room.... any other ideas though??

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

A nice comfy chair in a warm spot near a bright window. Spend some time there to either meditate, pray, read, etc.

If you have more than a bedroom, do not put a TV in the bedroom.

If you have satellite TV, you probably have a 'Spa' or 'New Age' music channel. You can put this channel on at a very low volume and you will notice stress melt away.

Use mostly soft colors as opposed to bold colors. Save the bold colors for the non-relaxation room.

Plants! Don't go crazy, just enough to give you that clean air and life feeling.

Don't go knick knack crazy. Try to keep it simple. Not sterile, but simple.

Chris

So I am finally moving out of the garage when I come back from Tennessee in a few weeks... and I'm getting an apartment with a good guy friend. Anyways, I want my room to be a winding down/relaxation room with a good ambiance. Currently, I have christmas lights up and incense... of which I will have in my new room.... any other ideas though??

Keep it as minimal as you can. Don't keep things that aren't really necessary or relaxation-minded, and if you can, hide things like cabinets and stuff in your closet where they can be blocked from view.

Put art that you like on the walls, but not so much to so it feels cluttered.

Also, invest in a good mattress, good sheets, and a good comforter, not your ten dollar wal-mart special. You should be most comfortable when you're sleeping.

Much of relaxation is that, instead of having things to help promote relaxation, rather not having things that serve as distractions.
This ad space for sale.

Use a table lamp with a lamp shade in a corner, and buy a pretty, semi-sheer, large red scarf. Drape it over the lamp for ambience (but please, PLEASE be sure to use some kind of low-wattage light bulb and never leave the light on with the scarf over it unattended!)

Alternately, you can use a red bulb and a pretty, semi-sheer lamp shade so the light will cast pretty shadows on the wall and lower the 'brightness' of the room. <--that's probably a better idea, considering the fire risk with the scarf.

B|

I also have a small water fountain that I bought at WalMart for like $15, a 'Native American Spirit' music CD (pan flute music and the like) for relaxation, a big, fluffy robe, and down comforter/feather pillows. I'd also suggest some big, comfortable floor pillows and perhaps a sheer curtain panel in a warm tone to cordone off a comfy corner with the floor pillows and down comforter and such...

Anyhoo, just some ideas. Candles add a nice ambience too, but again with the fire hazard...
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

[...Also, invest in...good sheets, and a good comforter, not your ten dollar wal-mart special. You should be most comfortable when you're sleeping.

True, true, true. I wouldn't know but one of the DZ.com ladies mentioned something about threads...they gotta have lots and lots of threads to be good quality. You can't be comfortable unless you have lots and lots of threads.

???????
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You can't be comfortable unless you have lots and lots of threads

me like 600 threads per inch..... but they be expensive (depending on size of bed)(sometimes i regret getting a king )

and music, find some nice acid jazz and maybe some ambient stuff in there....... and if you are feeling really crazy maybe some chanting monks!!