ladyskydiver

I found my "heebie-jeebie" point

Ok...actually 2 points....

• the sounds/feels of a dislocated joint being put back into place
  • the smell of an autopsy

ewwww.....

We had a poor dog in last night that was hit by a car - dislocated joint. Hearing the noise of the bones being put back in place and feeling the vibration through the puppy's body....**shudder**

And then we had an autopsy. I'm so fucking pissed at the owner's. They do not deserve to be called "parents." >:( The owner's called saying their dog had "stomach pains" that had been going on for a week. They finally brought the dog in, and the poor dog collapsed at the door. I carried the dog in and got the doc immediately. The dog died before the doc could do anything. Owner's agreed to an autopsy to find out why. Here's why:

The dog's bowel blew up because he had swallowed a baby bottle's nipple.

HOW THE FUCK can a parent not know how many baby bottle nipples they have? The poor dog suffered while the nipple tried to pass and ended up blowing out it's bowel. >:(

At times, I hate people.
    Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

the standard waiting time for people (in OZ anyways) to bring a pet to the Vets is 3 days, when somthing goes awry, they typically wait at least 3 days before seeking professional help[:/]
    You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
    My Life ROCKS!
    How's yours doing?

Wow, you are an even more incredible woman than I realized - to have a job like yours, I would go insane. Thank you for being there to help the kids when their parents won't. Just remember, karma happens and there are a lot more of us who bring the pets to the vet sooner than we bring ourselves to the doctor - when they can't speak for themselves it is better to be safe than sorry.

Peace girl!
    Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!

Wow, you are an even more incredible woman than I realized - to have a job like yours, I would go insane. Thank you for being there to help the kids when their parents won't. Just remember,
    Peace girl!

Umm she's in a VETreinatrian hospital :D:D No less valuble work though, I think Cora is great to, I've had a crush on her for years:$:$
    You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
    My Life ROCKS!
    How's yours doing?

A few years ago, the neighborhood kids were playing with a water balloon and the dog ate it. After 3 days, it came out normally. No complications.

However... This is something a little odd.

Gay, inter-species, necrophilia sexual assault. That concerns me.

Hathaway faces felony charges stemming from his alleged December 6 fatal shooting of an elderly horse in Parkland. According to news sources, the accused told authorities that he shot the animal following the animal’s defensive response to his apparent attempt to rape her.

Another source said that Bambrick wasn’t a her, he was a gelding. Poor Bambrick - first they castrated him, and then weird Bryan showed up and buggered him before shooting him.

Then, recently he got out of jail and it really got odd.

Oct 11th arrest - Later, he admitted to having sex with the dead deer near Murphy Oil refinery. Hathaway said he was aroused by the sight of the deer in the ditch.

Glad I'm not in Wisconsin.
    ;)

:$ Thank you.

As you could tell from my post, last night got to me. But...for as many times as I see bad things, I see even more good. The parents that bring their pet in - just 'cause he/she doesn't seem normal...those that love their babies as family...they make the nights easier.
    Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

HOW THE FUCK can a parent not know how many baby bottle nipples they have? The poor dog suffered while the nipple tried to pass and ended up blowing out it's bowel.

Honestly... I couldn't tell you how many we have. I have bought so many bottles, nipples, cups, etc. over the past year. Some get lost, some get worn out, etc. I also don't know how many sippy cups I have. I know I have at least two in the car and about three more in the cupboard and maybe one under the bed.

I am so sorry for the poor dog. That is so sad and if we had animals around I would hope that we would be careful about what we left out or what we let the baby leave out. For this reason right now we choose not to have any pets. The kids are enough for us. You are doing an amazing job and it takes a special person to take care of animals the way you do.

omg... what a poor dog. That stuff scares me to no end. Growing up a neighbor had the sweetest dog that used to eat EVERYTHING. He ate some twine from a package in our trash and it twisted around his intestine... he died on our front lawn :(

In the owners defence, I really haven't a clue how many bottle nipples we have - but I'm sure its in the 20s. We don't leave them laying around though cause our cat likes to play with them... [:/]
    Arianna Frances

Yeah, and if they're that cluless about their pet, just think about how they are with their kids.>:(
    Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
    -The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
    AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Having to feel and/or hear somebody else's joint popping back into place is almost worse than when it's your own joint. At least whenever I've put my knee back in, it's been more of a relief than painful. Glad you could help the pup.

Matt

Got pictures and an address for the owners?>:(

Trust me...if it were legal...>:(

Luckily...not every case that comes in is bad. We had a case last night - rescued outdoor cat that the people were trying to get healthy so that they could find a good home for him. And, their bill wasn't cheap.

We had a case last night - rescued outdoor cat that the people were trying to get healthy so that they could find a good home for him. And, their bill wasn't cheap.

An ex and I did that once. Caught a malnourished Persian with badly matted fur, an underbite that interfered with eating, and what appeared to be a broken leg. Took her to the local emergency clinic and it turned out the leg injury was just badly infected bite wounds. I went to pick her up the next day and found that they'd named her "ugly kitty" (we subsequently named her Lilli, as in Lilliputian). The bill was $250 and they informed me that she needed antibiotics, but it wouldn't matter in her case. When I questioned why, they said that she's "just a stray, and you're gonna take her to the pound, so why bother?" >:( I asked them why on earth I would spend $250 for cleaning up and diagnosis, but not another $30 or $40 on the required meds. They actually were confused when I was trying to get them to sell me the antibiotics :S but eventually complied. We ended up keeping that cat for a couple of years, but we took her in to the vet for grooming once and she came home deaf. She then became a nervous wreck because our more playful cat would jump on her when she was eating or using the box, and she couldn't hear her or any of the other pets coming. We finally conceded that our menagerie wasn't a good home for a special needs cat and found her a new family with whom she could be the only pet.

Pictures here and here B|

Blues,
    Dave
    "I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
    (drink Mountain Dew)

"HOW THE FUCK can a parent not know how many baby bottle nipples they have? The poor dog suffered while the nipple tried to pass and ended up blowing out it's bowel."

How many kids do you have?

None - living.

However before you even go where I suspect you're going to, there's a bottle to nipple ratio - 1:1. I know how I am when washing/cleaning things and I can guarantee - pet or no - that if I had a bottle...I'd have the corresponding nipple. If I didn't have the nipple, I'd sure as hell make sure that my pet (or child) didn't "taste test" it. And, if my dog/cat/child was showing evidence of stomach pain and there was a missing nipple(s), there's no way in hell that I would wait 1 week before getting the dog/cat/child checked out.

There's a responsibility that comes with having a child and owning a pet. If the people aren't willing to take care of their child or pet the way they should and are so concerned about the money aspect that they delay taking their responsibility to the appropriate doctor then they absolutely, positively should not have a child or pet.

I guess I'm a poor parent, I have never done a 1:1. I guess I should give my pets and dogs away.

I actually am going to go home and re-organize my bottle drawer to take your suggestion into account - it really is a good idea, but shit, there are a MILLION things that can happend to a dog and kid to get them killed that every parent cannot simply remember or check on. Its like looking at every sticth on a canopy before every jump - things just become infeasible after a certain point.

Incidentally - I just had to put my dog to sleep last thursday because he got lupus. That was caused by three issues that I could have easily prevented, but most folks want to take their dogs on walks in the sun - are you saying I should have kept him out of the sun his whole life?? Come on.

Your language HOW THE F is imho rather harsh. I consider myself a very caring parent of two children and five pets - but come on, shit happens.

Edited to add - what do you mean by "none - living"? I don't want to get into a diatribe with someone about how difficult raising children is if they've already had some. Raising children is THE most difficult thing I have ever done or I'm imaginging will ever do. I've given up everything for them - all that I love to do, no more jumping, barely any backcountry, etc etc etc. Friends stop being good friends because I can't "go out" like I used to. Having kids is THE most humiliating thing I've ever experienced but quite frankly, and I've thought about this a great deal, shit will happen to them preventable or not - the real deal is helping people cope with loss, not thrashing them to bits when it happens. Have you not made a stupid mistake in your life?? I know I've made many and will make many many more.

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

I'm very aware of the fact that there's a million and 1 things that can and do go wrong with kids and pets. I'm, also, aware that MOST of the parents will take their children into the doctor or their pets into the vet when they suspect that something is wrong and will do what they can to help their child/pet.

And, yes, I'm very aware that there are a lot of people that don't do a count on their bottle to nipple ratio. I'm going to use MissKriss and Mailin as examples because I've met both of them so will hopefully know that I'm not directing things at them - as they've stated earlier, they don't know how many nipples they have. I'm, also, 100% confident that if either of them thought anything was wrong with their child (or pet if they had/have one) that child/pet would be at the appropriate doctor ASAP. Not everyone is like that.

My wording is meant to be harsh. You were not the one that was standing over a 3 year old dog looking at his gut cut open, intestines laid out on the table, watching the vet remove the nipple from his abdominal cavity and see the tear that was the result - knowing that he suffered an unbelievable amount of pain before dieing. If me being harsh gets 1 parent to pay a little closer attention to those that can not take care of themselves - child or pet - good...if it gets 1 parent to realize that "you know...maybe there's something wrong...I should take ____ in to get them checked out to be sure"...or if it gets 1 person to realize that they are not prepared for the responsibilities that come with having a pet or child - than hot damn! I did what I wanted to do.

Yes, there are many that will go the extra mile for their child or pet. There are just as many that won't. I do not apologize for being harsh.

I'm sorry to hear you had to put your dog down. I know how much family pets mean. If you're taking what I said personally - I don't know you or how you take care of your animals or children - so therefore I can not direct things at you specifically.

Regarding my comment about "None living" - I had a daughter. She died of Turner's syndrome - a genetic disorder.

And, yes, everyone has made mistakes. I'm sure as hell not perfect - and I am glad when things that I may not have thought of get pointed out to me. I won't live long enough to make all the mistakes there is to make...therefore I try to learn from other's mistakes.

The more and more I think about your post - the more and more I'm with you (-:

I know where you are coming from and what you are trying to say - you are only trying to create a better living environment for folks - I applaud that. It was the HOW THE F that threw me off a bit because I could have easily done the same thing.

You and I are on the same team here - I'm sorry for getting testy. I am also sincerely sorry for your loss - I simply cannot imagine. Losing my backcountry partner/dog was hard enough. Although I'm greatful for feeling his last breath leave him, it plain old sucked and still does.

Regardless - you bring up very good points, organzing a bottle drawere in a "rigger" like fashion could take someone simply ten minutes and could save a life - I think that is the best bottom line. Brings up an interesting thing - I have a tough time keeping track of my two year old and six month old, but the more effort I can put towards that - the better. I thank you for that and again apologize if I seemed rude - that was not my intent. You are a sister of mine in this large family of skydiving, I would have your back as you are showing to have mine, always. Even if I don't put on the rig for ten years, the brothers and sisters here are always my family.

On a lighter note - this shit is hilarious if you think about it. The lesson of the day? COUNT YER NIPPLES LOLOLOLOLOLL........................

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

**shudder** Ouch!

nah ya get used to it:P

jus so ya know sweetie, I've got another friend out your way who's been beggin me to come visit so I may just have to swing out there to see both ya

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
    --Dwight D. Eisenhower

Sorry about throwing you off. I wrote that while the smell was still fresh in my sinus' and the tears were still waiting to spill.

And, I apologize for getting testy as well. It just sucks at times, ya know? I hate seeing someone/something that's an innocent and vulnerable that is lost. Gets me someplace where it hurts.

Oh...you still owe me a hug - you're not getting out of that one. Plus, Kermit and the gang says "Hi."
    ;)

ROFLMAO - yeah...how many women would come online and tell you to count your nipples? :D

eat deal, shit will happen to them preventable or not - the real deal is helping people cope with loss, not thrashing them to bits when it happens. Have you not made a stupid mistake in your life?? I know I've made many and will make many many more.

GO find some prozac and chill the fuck out:D:D:D:D:D:D
    My Life ROCKS!
    How's yours doing?