ntrprnr

Whelp, that was fun...

Thanks, Z-Hills guys, for hosting a New Yorker for a few days.

Sorry I had to leave early. I'm sitting in the airport now, in a REALLY shitty mood - not because I totally fucked up a four-way on my last dive... But because I finally made some good friends, and they were all in one place, and my piddly ass had to leave to deal with the real world tomorrow morning back in NYC.

I'm not happy.

But I had a great time, and met some wonderful new people. I'm excited to see them again.

And happen to be wondering where one would go if they wanted to take some RW skills classes so they wouldn't, you know... um... SUCK DONKEY ASS. Any ideas?

Either way - fun nonetheless - what a blast. Wow.

-Peter, at the airport, SO TOTALLY going to wear my rig onto the plane and be like, "what? Oh, they didn't give you one? Bummer."

Skills classes? Skydive-U does a nice job or go talk to the Bomb Squad at Zhills. Did you smack the :ph34r: for us? :ph34r:

No, totally agree - Laura was awesome. Just figured if there was a skills camp coming up or anything over the next few months, maybe I'd take a few days off and attend.

I learned by getting up in the air and chasing others around the sky... though I imagine there are other more effecient methods of learning... :$

you might see if you can get together a 4-way "team" which I use loosely and compete in a few competitions... not necessarily to try and win. Though my team did manage to win a gold medal 2 years in a row by being the only one that showed at enough comps... :$, I suppose that's what we get for being jump whores (basically, we were willing to jump with anyone... :D)

what being on a team and competeing will do is get get you to set goals (as a group) and and try and complete them.

generally you want to start off easy: have everyone let go and try to have everyone stay right where they are... then work on adding "points" that allows everyone in the formation to continue looking towards the center of the formation. I hate to say it but video helps too since it gives a method to critique and correct small problems before they become big problems.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Do Skydive U and combine it with the tunnel. You know you have a free place to stay! As an extra bonus, Alix gave me the Tassimo for Christmas!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Peter, at the airport, SO TOTALLY going to wear my rig onto the plane and be like, "what? Oh, they didn't give you one? Bummer."

I understand that it sounds funny, but that might get you some unwanted attention. All it would take is one nervous Nellie that doesn't think you're funny to get security to demand a personal meeting with you. They won't think it is funny or care about you missing your flight. Also, the TSA and airlines will be more likely to change their policy and restrict our ability to carry on rigs.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Skills classes? Skydive-U does a nice job or go talk to the Bomb Squad at Zhills. Did you smack the :ph34r: for us? :ph34r:

No, totally agree - Laura was awesome. Just figured if there was a skills camp coming up or anything over the next few months, maybe I'd take a few days off and attend.

You know they teach Skydive U at San Marcos and if you go there for a long weekend, you may even get to see me :P
Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!

Hey Peter,

It was great meeting you. I would say that if you want to have some fun and learn a bunch just come back down here for a few days after the boogie. During the boogie we are all swamped, but when it is over we have some fun time.

We will do a bunch of jumps and tunnel time with you. Between Laura and myself jumping with you and Sally Hathaway flying with you in the tunnel I think you will do just fine. We have some really great flyers at z-hills and most of them learned what they know the way I am suggesting you learn.

PM me or Laura if you want to talk more about it.

-OK
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana