shortyj

bad report from the teacher

I just got home from picking up my son from kindergarten. the teacher comes to my window and my son is smiling but trying to hold back. So she tells me he has been mouthy for two days now[:/] So he thought she was talking to him mean and he said quit talking to me like that. if u say another word I'm not doing my paper. Of course she said something else. Then he threw his paper and pencil and said I told u not to say anything else. >:( well he said his paper got stuck then he slammed it down. This isn't good as shes telling me this I can feel laughter coming :o and I start smiling I can't hold it back I just covered my mouth and did the best that I could. It was just the visiual it cracked me up:) I did make him draw her a nice pic saying he was sorry. Just wondering do other adults act like this or is it just me:D
Playtime is essential.

Yeah Im right there with ya... I have 4 kids and they have all done not so nice things and I have laughed at all of them more than once. Yesterday evening on the way home with my youngest two boys (ages 6 & 4) the 4 yro wanted the balloons that my 6 yr old had. He said " cause im the baby and I can have whatever I want" I blew my drink out my nose.. granted he's spoiled but wow..that blew my socks off...:D

I just got home from picking up my son from kindergarten. the teacher comes to my window and my son is smiling but trying to hold back. So she tells me he has been mouthy for two days now[:/] So he thought she was talking to him mean and he said quit talking to me like that. if u say another word I'm not doing my paper. Of course she said something else. Then he threw his paper and pencil and said I told u not to say anything else. >:( well he said his paper got stuck then he slammed it down. This isn't good as shes telling me this I can feel laughter coming :o and I start smiling I can't hold it back I just covered my mouth and did the best that I could. It was just the visiual it cracked me up:) I did make him draw her a nice pic saying he was sorry. Just wondering do other adults act like this or is it just me:D

That's fantastic.
If my kid was acting like that, I'd tan his ass.
If my wife thought it was funny, she'd be next.

That's fantastic.

Just remember to use "The rule of thumb". :o:D
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

That's fantastic.

Just remember to use "The rule of thumb". :o:D

Rule of thumb?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm trying to figure out what the rule of thumb is.

Like a hammer and thumb, or thumb cuffs . . . what could it be?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I recall when, my youngest boy was in 5th. grade. I got called to the principal's office... 'Travis had been fighting'! I'm thinking; 'Aw crap!' the principal explained that, a bigger boy, who had been held-back two years had been kicking Travis in gym class. Travis had had enough and wheeled-around and punched the kid in the nose, breaking it and knocking the kid on his butt. All while the principal is telling me this (I'm bursting with pride) she's holding-back the laughter. Travis got a Saturday of detention (for fighting) The kid whose nose he broke, was expelled for 3-weeks!

Chuck

I'm trying to figure out what the rule of thumb is.

Like a hammer and thumb, or thumb cuffs . . . what could it be?

Sometimes, you remind me of Rocco. :D:D:P
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

I pick my daughter up one day and her teacher say to me, "Sami got a strike today because she was being disrespectful." Really, what did she do? Well, she is making fun of my name and it hurt my feelings. I'm about to burst out laughing when she tells me that my daughter said she had rice this morning for breakfast and the teacher's name is Ms. Rice. Did I mention that my daughter is in the 2nd grade?

In 5th grade, my son took some sort of IQ or aptitude test.

One of the questions was, "What is the difference between a submarine and a fish?"
The "correct" answer was "a submarine is an inanimate object made of metal and a fish is living". (or something similar).

My son replied, "Pastrami" and explained it to her.
If you don't like pastrami, this is important, so you have a fish sandwich, instead of the submarine.

I explained it to the teacher and why it was a better answer. She said that it was not the "approved" answer. (So much for encouraging imagination)

At this point, my short fuse was exhausted.
I told her that if she could not understand HIS answer, then perhaps she was not the appropriate person to be giving the test.

(Yeah, my social skills need work)
:D

I recall when, my youngest boy was in 5th. grade. I got called to the principal's office... 'Travis had been fighting'! I'm thinking; 'Aw crap!' the principal explained that, a bigger boy, who had been held-back two years had been kicking Travis in gym class. Travis had had enough and wheeled-around and punched the kid in the nose, breaking it and knocking the kid on his butt. All while the principal is telling me this (I'm bursting with pride) she's holding-back the laughter. Travis got a Saturday of detention (for fighting) The kid whose nose he broke, was expelled for 3-weeks!

Chuck

THAT, is awesome.

Probably a lot of things that kids do that are a bit willful and maybe even kind of cute in a mischievous way are less tolerable when you're dealing with 20 kids at one time all while trying to answer emails from parents who are upset that the school isn't doing a good enough job of raising their kids-Teacher probably reacted more harshly that you believe warranted because that one incident was part of a cumulatively bad day.
For the record, if my kid told a teacher that he/she wasn't going to do an assignment, sitting down is what they wouldn't be doing.

That being said-I would have laughed my ass off:)
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

Chuck

THAT, is awesome.

Yeah, I thought so too. What really got me was the principal! I thought she was gonna bust a gut holding back laughter!

Chuck