skydivermom

You know you live in Texas when...

Your place is covered in sleet and ice....and you get excited and take a bunch of pictures... because the odds of it looking like that again are pretty slim. But the odds of you busting your butt walking to your car are pretty darn good[:/]
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

Its really odd for central TX, I grew up in N. Texas where we'd get a good ice storm every 2 years. About every 5th or 6th year we'd get a decent amount of snow. Otherwise it was just cold and rainy.

I drove my wife to work this morning as I went in during the day (instead of at night when I normally work) for training. Luckily, due to having training this week, I don't have to work a night shift in this crap.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Ha-ha! The only time I've poked my head outside today was long enough to snap a picture of some icicles hanging from the bushes to send to Mike.

We used to have this crap in Georgia all of the time. I move to Texas because it's warm? This has happened both winters I've been here. What's up with that? :S
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Yup...that's pretty cool. Mine wasn't nearly that nice. But I wasn't going to tromp around in the nastiness to get a great shot, either! ;)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Yeah, it is snowing here.
What the hell happened to the global warming? I was so looking forward to that in retirement.
:P

Matt

actually the abnormal weather is thought to be an effect of global warming.. minor temperature differences over a period of time have a HUGE effect on regional climate.

I know your joking but it is surprising how many people think that 'global warming' means increased temperatures EVERYWHERE...

I know your joking but it is surprising how many people think that 'global warming' means increased temperatures EVERYWHERE...

Sure, but if Al Gore cared why didn't he do something more pro-active during the 8 years he was VP?

Wait, sorry, wrong forum.:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Boy was I a sorry sight this morning trying to find a way to get the ice off the windows of my car. I DID NOT include owning an ice scraper in my plans when I moved to South Texas.

I even laugh at myself for calling what was on my vehicle this morning ice, but still, it's south Texas!

That said, it sure was nice just squirting some hot water on the windows and being done with it. Sure beats having to spend an hour and a half digging a vehicle out like I had to when I lived in Ohio and New York!
Killing threads since 2004.

You know you're in Texas when....

....everything is bigger EXCEPT the snowmen!;)

Not right now they aint! :D

hmmm... Not if this is a Texas snowman... http://home.kxan.com/photo_gallery/severeweatherhitscentraltexas/asmallsnowmaninaustin2.html

almost as funny as the kids sledding down a muddy, vaguely frozen hill of dirt. Or the news people running 24/7 coverage of ICE STORM 2007, with the reporter holding a thermal travel mug of ACTUAL ICICLES AS SEEN ON HOUSES HERE IN AUSTIN... but hey, I've enjoyed my two days off, complained about the cold, and even took pictures of my own icicles, so who am I to talk?

Sure, but if Al Gore cared why didn't he do something more pro-active during the 8 years he was VP?

Wait, sorry, wrong forum.:D

Maybe, he was hoping 'goretex' stock would go up!:D

Chuck