jtval

bungy jumping

well you may not need it. they are closing on 31 july.

thats why I am getting my free one before they close. only one more too pay for than the next is free.

I gotta go dunk before they close. I have ALWAYS been on the way to a show or something and wasn't up for getting dunked.
My photos

My Videos

well you may not need it. they are closing on 31 july.

Going out of business??? SHIT... Now I have to goto Vegas just to get in a few last jumps...

How did you know? Is it publicly posted, or did they tell you???

Isn't it the last bungee jump in the USA??? Anyone know of others?

I live in vegas, I was showing my friend around town and some of the things to do. when I called the bungy place they told me.
(they used to do a locals special on thursdays)

apparently some company would rather put a parking lot there and the bungy tower can't compete with the price that was offered.

I knwo it's the HIGHEST in the states; I don't know about the last.
My photos

My Videos

Ya, I e-mailed them and they replied... The land was sold, pure business decision... I would take the money and run too, if I owned it...

SO... You live in vegas... It looks like I need to do an emergency trip out there... Any good local jumpn?

SKYDIVE MESQUITE KICKS ASS.

right now ( until october) we are using a c-182 then we'll get some larger plane.

the vibe rocks out here. Search for mesquite and check out some previous post.

I just went today and did two more bungy jumps.
I had to go in the drink and get some footage so I could edit onto this years skydive dvd. heres a few grabs.
first one I just exited backwards by leaning back.

second one I did the backward exit elevator

its a limited kind of fun, but still classified as fun:ph34r:

EDIT to rename the attachements. now we have every spelling on bungy possible LOL
My photos

My Videos

I did the same off the Auckland Harbour Bridge....

The "Nippon Clip-on"?:D

Nippon clip-on??
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

Those pics are awesome JT! Love the dunk!! Did Mel go again too?

If I didn't have a broken leg right now:(, I'd come out and utilize the dunking before they close. Oh well.

There's a cool place near L.A. called Bungy America. It's in the middle of the Angeles National Forest at a place called The Bridge to Nowhere. Literally, it goes into the side of a mountain.
It's a beautiful and exhilarating 2 hour hike to get to the bridge that drenches your shoes and ankles, then a full day of jumping if you wish.
A great day outing if you ask me. I'll definitely do it again. But maybe next time it won't start raining when we get to the bridge.

I did the same off the Auckland Harbour Bridge....

The "Nippon Clip-on"?:D

Nippon clip-on??

That's the nickname of the Auckland Harbour Bridge.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Those pics are awesome JT! Love the dunk!! Did Mel go again too?

If I didn't have a broken leg right now:(, I'd come out and utilize the dunking before they close. Oh well.

There's a cool place near L.A. called Bungy America. It's in the middle of the Angeles National Forest at a place called The Bridge to Nowhere. Literally, it goes into the side of a mountain.
It's a beautiful and exhilarating 2 hour hike to get to the bridge that drenches your shoes and ankles, then a full day of jumping if you wish.
A great day outing if you ask me. I'll definitely do it again. But maybe next time it won't start raining when we get to the bridge.

Bridge to Nowhere is where I jumped. Great treck to get there, good times. But I heard he lost his license to operate years ago. Maybe he got it back...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

i've done three, all when i was doing ALOT of 'trust fall' rappels and i was WAAAAAY more worried about the gear and the riggers than anything i've ever done skydiving, climbing, rappeling....

all in all i'd say bungee just isnt that exciting after the first exposure... if you think about it you could be completely unconscious and you'd pull the same 'stunt'

yea, I agree its LIMITED fun!

but I had to get my free jump so I tried everything I could think of. now I got some decent video to merge into the end of year DVD:ph34r:.

got a sweet close-up of my second dunk;)
My photos

My Videos

now I got some decent video to merge into the end of year DVD:ph34r:.

i've met your 'significant other', you should have LOTS of 'decent' video for the year end DVD..:P;)

runs and hides

I'm a little nervous about bungee jumping off a platform, bridge, etc., but a friend bungee jumped from a hot air balloon. He jumped, bounced a few times, then released the bungee cord and continued on with a skydive. I think that is how I'd want to bungee jump :)

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

He jumped, bounced a few times...

There must be better terminology available.:|

Edited to add: gotta love someone who bounces a few times and still goes on with a skydive...