Keith

It pays to be a fuck up at work

Some of you may remember several years ago I called my then boss a duplicitous bitch and got a $20,000 raise a month later.

Weeell something kinda similar happened the other day. The owner of my company likes modern art and has the office filled with paintings. One of them, in our conference room, hangs above a credenza. On that credenza sits about 10 boxes of files. I needed to verify some information from some of the files so with checklist and pen in hand I . . . you get the point. I accidentially put a one inch mark on the painting with my ink pen. I removed it as best I could before telling Larry, the big boss.

Soo when I got a chance I went in to Larry’s office and asked him how attached he is to his paintings. He asked which one. I said the one in the conference room. He said $8,000 worth of attached and why? I told him what I did. He said shit happens, asked how bad it was and did I think I could get more of it off. What a Nice Guy. :)
Then, yesterday my boss called me into her office. She asked how things were going and I waited to get hit with a large restoration bill. Instead she told me what a great job she and Larry thought I was doing and handed me a check for $1000. How cool is that! B|
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

so the moral of the story is, take a sharpie and go around the office drawing mustaches on all the pictures of people and walk away with a check for another 20K.;)
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Or the other option, for the next few months just don't acoomplish anything, make sure everyone has a low expectation of your performance, that way you will always meet their expectation;)
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Some of you may remember several years ago I called my then boss a duplicitous bitch and got a $20,000 raise a month later.

Weeell something kinda similar happened the other day. The owner of my company likes modern art and has the office filled with paintings. One of them, in our conference room, hangs above a credenza. On that credenza sits about 10 boxes of files. I needed to verify some information from some of the files so with checklist and pen in hand I . . . you get the point. I accidentially put a one inch mark on the painting with my ink pen. I removed it as best I could before telling Larry, the big boss.

Soo when I got a chance I went in to Larry’s office and asked him how attached he is to his paintings. He asked which one. I said the one in the conference room. He said $8,000 worth of attached and why? I told him what I did. He said shit happens, asked how bad it was and did I think I could get more of it off. What a Nice Guy. :)
Then, yesterday my boss called me into her office. She asked how things were going and I waited to get hit with a large restoration bill. Instead she told me what a great job she and Larry thought I was doing and handed me a check for $1000. How cool is that! B|

<--Doesn't know what the word 'duplicitous' means. :|

I'm a dumb-dumb! :(
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

you have this great tool called the internet at your disposal:

http://dictionary.com/search?q=DUPLICITOUS

which leads to: deceitfulness in speech or conduct; speaking or acting in two different ways concerning the same matter with intent to deceive; double-dealing.

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

you have this great tool called the internet at your disposal:

http://dictionary.com/search?q=DUPLICITOUS

which leads to: deceitfulness in speech or conduct; speaking or acting in two different ways concerning the same matter with intent to deceive; double-dealing.

I didn't say that I wanted to know what it meant. I just stated that I did not know. :|

-But thanks for that. :ph34r:
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

for the next few months just don't acoomplish anything, make sure everyone has a low expectation of your performance, that way you will always meet their expectation

that's how scotty on star trek did things.... "it's gona take me 4 hours to get it fixed cap'n", and then he does it in like 20 minutes, just in time to deflect that last phaser shot....

Wow! A 300% raise is awesome!

:P

Wow! A 300% raise is awesome!

:P

:P:P:P yeah well it's prolly more than you make :)
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville