SarahC07

Lunch Break Workout

I'm wondering if any of you guys are able to work out over your lunch break? I clearly can't complete a work out, shower and roundtrip to the gym in 1 hour... BUT I'm thinking about asking for a 1.5 hour lunch break in exchange for showing up to work a half an hour earlier or staying later.

Has anyone done this? Worth the 'haul ass' attitude/speed I'm going to have to take to accomplish this in 1.5 hours... but it's GOTTA make the work afternoon much more enjoyable.

Anyone?

We don't measure our employees by the number of hours they work. We measure them by accomplishment.

As well it should be.

20+ years in the corporate world and we experienced both extremes.

1. Clock-watcher boss...miserable work environment. In at 8, out at 5

2. Production-oriented boss...very enjoyable environment. In whenever, out whenever.

Guess which one we put the most hours into AND had better results.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Back to the subject at hand. I do work out at lunch and find it a great way to split up the day. I am an IC so its a little different, but i am usually able to make it there and back in an hour and a half. You have to keep your temp up and it helps that not many others work out during lunch. Also i generally find myself having to do the cardio portion of my workout after work, but thats not a big deal.
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

I'm wondering if any of you guys are able to work out over your lunch break? I clearly can't complete a work out, shower and roundtrip to the gym in 1 hour... BUT I'm thinking about asking for a 1.5 hour lunch break in exchange for showing up to work a half an hour earlier or staying later.

Has anyone done this? Worth the 'haul ass' attitude/speed I'm going to have to take to accomplish this in 1.5 hours... but it's GOTTA make the work afternoon much more enjoyable.

Anyone?

I do it, but my gym is only one mile away from my work... and I typically only do 30 minutes of cardio. I could probably get my legs workout in at 30min, but not my upper body workout. [:/] I also am not a heavy sweater ;) ... so I shower, but i don't wash my hair.

There's quite a few of us at my office that do this at lunch, and manage only an hour lunch, just depends on what kind of workout you are trying to get in.

Good luck!

I did it a few times when we had a fitness center in my building, and yes, I did feel pretty good afterwards- much better than the usual afternoon slump. But, even with the gym in my building, it was difficult to get down there, change, do 45 minutes of cardio, clean up and get back to the office in an hour. Plus, I'm usually too busy to take much of a lunch break. Leaving my desk for a whole hour is a luxury these days!

But if you can do the 90 minute lunch a few days a week and don't mind rushing your workout, then go for it.

I tried it before and it didn't work for me. I would rather workout in the morning before work or after work. Taking a walk at lunch was ok. I just didn't work up too much of a sweat.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

When I worked at a car dealership in Georgia, I spent many of my lunch hours walking circles around the showroom. I had measured the area and knew that 40 laps was a mile! I don't normally sweat, so it was no problem. :)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance