Andy_Copland

Could You Ever Wish Pain/Death On Someone?

I told a bad cop"I hope you die today" after he gave ME a careless driving ticket after HE ran me off the road driving like a moron. This was the only part of the story he didn't lie about in court(what i said).

Yes i'd love to kick him in the nuts for about $6,000 worth of pain as that's how much it cost me to avoid a collision. Unbelievable. Yea he can die.:D

I told a bad cop"I hope you die today" after he gave ME a careless driving ticket after HE ran me off the road driving like a moron. This was the only part of the story he didn't lie about in court(what i said).

Yes i'd love to kick him in the nuts for about $6,000 worth of pain as that's how much it cost me to avoid a collision. Unbelievable. Yea he can die.:D

Sounds like most of them I've encountered. Of course...most times I was the one doing something wrong....DAMN gas pedal!!

Sometimes I dream of running into an old boss in a dark alley. Would probably have to plead "temporary insanity" if I acted on impulse and made myself feel better by kicking the crap out of him. >:(
I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...

You can wish all you want, but the question should be would you want that wish to come true.

But, the answer of wishing for it. Absolutely!! :o

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

You can wish all you want, but the question should be would you want that wish to come true.

But, the answer of wishing for it. Absolutely!! :o

I believe I can say yes to both - I would dance a muth fuggin' jig on the grave if it happened.:|

Then I would rent the plane and give everyone as many jumps that day as they wanted.

Then I would buy a few kegs of beer and hire a good DJ and a caterer and have the biggest fuggin party that I can afford and imagine.

then I would dance a jig again . . . and maybe again - several times throughout the night, spontaneously erupting into "happy Dance" . . .

and I don't think my smile would ever stop.:)
Thank you, just the thoughts of that makes me smile. It a good day.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

As a believer in karma, I don't think wishing death/pain on people is very wise given the fact that I spend my weekends skydiving. That's just an open door with a sign on it saying, "Heya Evil Karma -- come on in!!"
To be honest, though, I guess I've had a peaceful life so far since I can't think of a single person I've disliked enough to even want to wish that on. I guess that's cuz I'm not from Texas and since I live in California where all we do is sit around on the beach smoking pot and feeling the love. :)

As a believer in karma, I don't think wishing death/pain on people is very wise given the fact that I spend my weekends skydiving. That's just an open door with a sign on it saying, "Heya Evil Karma -- come on in!!"

I never have understood this particular western interpretation of Karma. :S

RE:Could You Ever Wish Pain/Death On Someone?
---------

Funny You should be the one to post this thread!
Just about, everytime you post something, in any of these forums, Andy!
Estimated guess: only about 80%-100% of, everyone in here suddenly feels that urge!:D:D ROFLMAO :D:D
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

Isnt karma supposed to affect you in your next life? Not current one?

Not necessarily. The way that I understand it (and if someone else knows more about it, please jump in) Karma is the sum total of one's voluntary deeds (including thought) over the course of one's lifetime. It isn't a system of retribution or reward, it just is. Some religions who believe in reincarnation do believe that one's Karma affects their next incarnation, but that's not a fundamental precept of Karma itself.

But the reason I don't particularly understand the western interpretation of Karma is that there is this idea that a single action is directly punished or rewarded based on that action's goodness (or lack thereof). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't found this concept anywhere but in western philosophy (at least not as it relates to Karma).

Not this is that scientific or correct, but here's a link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma

Karma (Sanskrit kárman "act, action, performance"[1]; Pāli kamma) is the concept of "action" or "deed" in Dharmic religions, understood as a term to denote the entire cycle of cause and effect as described in the philosophies of Hinduism and Buddhism.

Karma is a sum of all that an individual has done, is currently doing and will do. The results or "fruits" of actions are called karma-phala. Karma is not about retribution, vengeance, punishment or reward. Karma simply deals with what is. The effects of all deeds actively create past, present and future experiences, thus making one responsible for one's own life, and the pain and joy it brings to others. In religions that incorporate reincarnation, karma extends through one's present life and all past and future lives as well.

Throughout this process, many see God as playing some kind of role, for example, as the dispenser of the fruits of karma[2]. Other Hindus consider the natural laws of causation sufficient to explain the effects of karma.[3][4][5] Another view holds that a Sadguru, acting on God's behalf, can mitigate or work out some of the karma of the disciple. [6][7][8]

The "Law of Karma" is central in Dharmic religions. All living creatures are responsible for their karma - their actions and the effects of their actions - and for their release from samsara. The concept can be traced back to the early Upanishads.

The Law of Karma is taught in the esoteric Christian tradition, Essenian and later Rosicrucian, as the "Law of Cause and Consequence/Effect" [9]. However, this western esoteric tradition adds that the essence of the teachings of Christ is that the law of sin and death may be overcome by Love, which will restore immortality.

Actions do not create karma (good or bad) only when the actions are performed by an individual in the state of Moksha. Such a person is called "Stithaprajna". Adi Sankara gave the dictum of "Akarmaiva Moksha" which means "Moksha can be attained only by doing, not by a process of effort". All actions performed by one in the state of Moksha are termed as Dharma.

Hindus believe that everything in the Universe is in the state of creation, maintenance or destruction. At the thought level, the mind creates a thought, maintains (follows) it for some time and the thought ultimately dies down (perhaps to be replaced by another thought). The Hindus believe there is a fourth state of being (called Turiya) where the mind is not engaged in thinking but just observes the thoughts. Actions in the Turiya state do not create karma. The practice of meditation is aimed at giving individuals the experience of being in the Turiya state. An individual who is constantly in the Turiya state is said to have attained Moksha. In such an individual, actions happen as a response to events (and not because of thought process); such actions do not result in accumulation of Karma.

The process view of release (moksha) from ego-consciousness (ahamkar) through individual responsibility for the totality of action with its inherent karma can be contrasted with the soteriological view of mainstream denominations of Christianity: grace given by faith in the suffering, death and resurrection of Jesus.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself