redramdriver

Gear For Sale....OBO

Don't you just hate it when someone post's gear for sale with the price listed...and OBO...and when you make an offer the seller says..."sorry its worth twice your offer." Why don't you just list it for what you want and be done with it, and we won't waste each others time. Have a great blue day.
So, you bring your beer?

Its 5 o'clock somewhere
POPS #9344

Don't you just hate it when someone post's gear for sale with the price listed...and OBO...and when you make an offer the seller says..."sorry its worth twice your offer." Why don't you just list it for what you want and be done with it, and we won't waste each others time. Have a great blue day.

Maybe your offer wasn't the best offer they'd had, and they were using polite terms to suggest you be realistic with your offers ;)
Owned by Remi #?

I agree. I just went through that with a seller who posted gear for sale with OBO on DZ.com. He agreed to sell it to me at the "posted price" and said he just had to inform the other person interested that he was selling it to me, as I would pay the posted price, but then he re-contacted me and told me the guy had then offered him $25.00 more and asked "what do you want to do". I told him we had agreed on the posted price and I was not prepared to get into a bidding war, this was not the place for it. If that was his plan then sell it on ebay. Turned out he sold it to the other guy for the extra $25.00. Next thing you know the gear is up on ebay buy the buyer. At least I wanted it for myself not just to try to resell again. I would not bid on ebay for this gear after that as I felt if he wanted it so bad to pull this kind of stunt he was not worth dealing with. People should not post OBO if they want more than the posted price. This guy was nothing but a sleaze ball as far as I am concerned, especially after agreeing to the posted price. A deal is a deal but some people don't seem to have any respect about that. There was a time when your "word was your word". Seems a shame that it does not seem to be that way anymore with many today. A lot of "no conscience guys out there". Let the Greed drive you instead. What goes around comes around boys....some day some of you will grow up and learn that hopefully. From here on in it is probably best to ask when OBO is posted, is this a potential bidding war game or is that posted price actually the price you will take for it.

it just sucks that there's not alot of options when it comes to used skydiving gear.

How so dude? You mean in your price range? As far as i'm concerned the US must have one of the largest used gear markets in the world :S

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

it just sucks that there's not alot of options when it comes to used skydiving gear.

There are 390 mains, 304 complete systems, 138 containers, and 55 reserves in the classifieds, the used inventiories at the big DZ ge shops (Action Air, Square 1 through 3), Ebay, whatever your local jumpers are advertising, and whatever they have in their closet that's not advertised but could be for sale (I have a couple mains I should sell to get something which opens nicer for my wingsuit rig, but haven't gotten arround to hanging them up and getting pictures).

There's used gear out the yin-yang out there for pretty much every budget (I bought a Javelin + Raven reserve for $700, and have sold ZP mains for $300 and change) and wing loading. If you're physically small or large you may have to spend a few hundred dollars getting a harness resized although that beats a new rig by a mile.