mailin

Movie: UltraViolet

I watched this last night and still this morning I'm trying to understand what I watched.

I thought the fight sequences were cool but didn't understand why she cared so much for Six...

Anyone else seen it? What did you think?

Jen
Arianna Frances

I thought the fight sequences were cool but didn't understand why she cared so much for Six...
Jen

You're kidding right?
She's a woman who's lost her child (along with everything else).
He's a child and he's going to be killed.
Pretty much 'splains it :)Cheers,

Vale

P.S. Personally I think the movie sucks overall. If Milla wasn't so freaking hot it'd be a total write of for me.

Anyone else seen it? What did you think?

I'm sad to say I've seen it and from what I remember it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

it started out sort of "meh"... then quickly progressed to "wtf"

I know the movie was supposed to have some sort of plot... but it didn't really seem to (in my recollection...)

I'm sorry I probably wasn't helpful. :|
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Jen

You're kidding right?
She's a woman who's lost her child (along with everything else).
He's a child and he's going to be killed.
Pretty much 'splains it :)Cheers,

Vale

P.S. Personally I think the movie sucks overall. If Milla wasn't so freaking hot it'd be a total write of for me.

See it doesn't explain it for me as he was 'dead' and theoretically when they first met he was supposed to be the 'end' of her kind - yet she killed the majority of her people to save him? Why would anyone do that? I can understand attachment to a child, but it had been 12 years and she had spent a large part of that as a 'killing machine', it just seems to disconnected to me.

In the end I think we saw her husband - I thought he was murdered? I guess not then... nothing was really explained there either. I heard the directors cut was going to be better, but thats what I saw, and it still sucked.

I'm really disappointed because I really wanted to like it - I love 'girl power' flicks and she was HOTT

Jen
Arianna Frances

heh...

What was too bad was it had the potential to be really good. I read somewhere that the studio took the production out of the director/writers hands and cut a bunch of stuff out of it and thats why it was so bad... but I think what I saw last night was the directors cut and it was still pretty bad.
Arianna Frances

I saw half of it, though I couldn't tell you what the fuck I saw. That's the only movie I've ever walked out of the theater on. I hate walking out of the theater (I paid my money, dammit!), but it really was that bad.

Did you watch a trailer? I remember seeing the trailer ages ago and being confident it would be "that bad". I have not even thought about that movie once since that day, until now.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I saw half of it, though I couldn't tell you what the fuck I saw. That's the only movie I've ever walked out of the theater on. I hate walking out of the theater (I paid my money, dammit!), but it really was that bad.

Did you watch a trailer? I remember seeing the trailer ages ago and being confident it would be "that bad". I have not even thought about that movie once since that day, until now.

I was the same way. Never thought about seeing it until I passed the DVD in Best Buy...[:/]

If this happens to you... pm your address and I'll mail you my copy.. for free. But you have to promise not to send it back...:|
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

I thought it totally sucked ass, i don't know why but it reminded me a lot of Equilibrium, a movie with Christian Bale, maybe it was the Martial arts combined with guns type fight scenes, Equilibrium was a cool movie though.

edited to address my spelling

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Movies with martial arts in them really should have martial artists in them.

I don't care if it's ultraviolet or kill bill. You can see who can, and who other people think can with 3 months of personal training and a lot of CGI.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Equilibrium was a cool movie though

Yeah!!!! Equilibrium kicks ass!

Christian Bale also played the lead in Reign of Fire.

I was really disappointed in Ultraviolet - I think they were trying to compete with the Aeon Flux movie.

(Mmmmmm, Charlize Theron . . . skin-tight jumpsuits . . . mmmmm!)

I was equally disappointed with the BloodRayne movie. Who puts up the cash to get these POS movies made? Just because the flick has decent T&A doesn't mean I'll put up with bad acting and stupid dialogue.

With all the bad movies I've seen, I'm sure I should get at least 2 days of my life back.
T.I.N.S.