kbordson

Sex or Walk

No... this isn't a "should I cutaway" or break up thread. Just a question to answer a discussion started earlier in the day.

Saw my ortho again yesterday and was *sigh* a touch disappointed by what he recommended.... not that three or four more weeks on crutches would be anything like what some have had to deal with on a permanent basis, but it was discouraging to still hear.

But then after that visit, I went to see one of my patients in the hosptial and gave her the routine postpartum instructions (nuttin' in the vagina for the next 6wks...no tampons, no douching and no intercourse) She was quite disappointed with my recommendation and was rather interested in how bad it would be NOT for follow my recommendations.

It started me thinking though.... which would be worse? The inconvience of crutches or the lack of meeting your primal urges? Again... these are just SHORT TERM limitations - not a permanent life change.

So how bad would it be for her to have sex in say 4 weeks instead of 6? One ob/gyn I know says that the recommendations are more for him than her, that she'll know when her body is ready to handle it, the recommendation is more to keep the guy from pushing the issue before she's ready.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

:) I had no idea, or somehow over looked the fact that, you were injured & on crutches! Speedy Recovery! :)As for the post, do we get to answer too!:):)
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

The general recommendation is for a couple of reasons:

1. So that she's not pregnant prior to her 6w appointment and then her body gets no time to recover from one pregnancy to the next.

2. Allow healing of any laceraations/abrasions that occured during the birth process

3. Allow the cervix to close and the uterus to return to normal size to decrease the possiblity of pelvic or intrabdominal infections.

4. If C-Section, to allow the incision on the uterus to heal.

5. If a tubal ligation, to allow the cut ends of the tubes to scar.

6. To give her a valid reason to tell him "NO. Doctors orders" if she's just not in the mood but not wanting to deny.

What's the problem? No intercourse doesn't have to mean no orgasms, for either partner.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I've had some long dry spells, and I'm in an LDR right now, so I often go several weeks between visits ...

Crutches, on the other hand, distrupt *every* aspect of my life, not just my sex life. Gimme the no sex thing, instead.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

SO only comes home every 6'ish months, so I've gotten used to not having sex.

But with him being gone so much, I'm all alone here in Texas...no family to help out in case of emergency. If I ended up on crutches for some reason, I would be SOL.

I'm not a very good "invalid." I hate being told to sit down and take it easy. I have too much nervous energy and can't sit still for long periods of time. So for me, crutches would REALLY be an awful thing.
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

I'm not a very good "invalid." I hate being told to sit down and take it easy. I have too much nervous energy and can't sit still for long periods of time. So for me, crutches would REALLY be an awful thing.

I have learned that I'm a horrid "invalid." I keep thinking that "I can do that" ... and then have to try to figure out how to get the soup to the table by just looking at the bowl or scrubbing in for a surgical case and then looking at the crutches ... and having to hop into the room (don't worry, I was just assisting and it was a case that I could sit down for). I just don't like being dependant and needy.

Yup. That would be me. :D

Now that I think about it, it might be good that he's away. >:( If I ever DID hurt myself and end up on crutches or something, he'd be a REAL stickler about making me do the right thing. ;)

Shoot...you should "hear" the e-mail reprimands I get when I hurt myself now and don't cleanse the wound, or "take it easy," or take the proper medicine, or get enough sleep. :)

Edited to add: Oh...and no offense, but his favorite one is to tell me to go to the doctor. Like he thinks THAT is going to happen. B|
Nina

I'd do just cuddling for 6wks !:)Not that I'd rather give up intimacy with my 'Better Half'! But I could never understand, the pressure or guilt, some guys place on the woman that just gave life to their child!>:(>:( Yes, of course I'm still going to experience 'Primal Urges' 'Physical Desires' 'Needs'-- however others care to label it!
1st of all, nine months of carrying another human being around inside her, REALLY takes it's toll on her body, not just in her reproductive system but, over-all! She is in reality for those nine months, A living, breathing, walking, talking Life Support System! Every single system, organ & cell in her body is working AT LEAST... twice as hard as it is accustomed to. And then she gets to go through the pain & frenzy, that labor & delivery add to the picture! She :) just put her body through hell, for nine months, to bear US the miracle of a child, and I'm supposed to treat her like nothing more then, a sexual object, that "owes it to me" to "take care of my needs" --- Ummm, I thinketh NOT!
I know that's not what you meant by the scenario Kbord! I just know what's about to be posted, after this has been viewed! Yea go ahead Guys, break my balls, with the macho bullshit here! Doesn't phase me! It's not about, turning down or avoiding, sensual intimacy with, the woman... It's about NOT being unrealistically, and inexcusably selfish... it's about respecting her, & her needs, after child birth! Do I still Want her during her time of recouperation? Hell yea I want to be intimate with her. {there's nothing on earth. that is sexier, then a woman, carrying & bearing your child!}

But 1st & more importantly, I want the woman I love so much that, I could see my children in her eyes long before we ever conceived a child, to be comfortable & cared for, and enjoy the pampering she so deserves! Hell, I also don't believe in that, bullshit that she should be the one to get up at all hours of the night & morning, to take care of the baby's needs. { Go, ahead, I dare you to say it's Her job! I'll personally bitch slap you, myself!>:(} In fact especially in the 1st few weeks, after delivery... I should be the one getting up with the baby, most if not all of the time!
If she is breast feeding, fine, if it's okay with her, we use a breast pump & store the milk, so I don't even need to wake her, every time, otherwise, I should be the one getting up, & I can bring the baby to her to Nurse! Not to mention how important it is for the father to bond with the baby as well as the mother, from day one!:)Besides the longer I wait, the better it's going to be, for both of us when she is ready. Okay with all that said, take your best shot at my nads boys! I'm not even wearing a cup! Won't phase me! They can take it! Real men cater to their woman, and the mother of their children, Pansy-assed little bitches hide behind their jock, and dilusionally believe they are the superior one, that she needs to 'Take care of':P
Now if the scenario didn't involve child birth, just Abstinence vs. Busted leg, I'll take 'the broken Limb', for 6-8 weeks Alex!;)]

Ladies, you are amazing!!;):)God Bless you!;):)
Guy's, those of you who foolishly think, my opinion, on the issue, isn't 'cool or manly': Stop by the bank of common sense & find out who put an unauthorized 'stop payment on your reality check'!:D:S
For those guys in here, who are wiser & know better... Amen Brothers! ;):)

Crutches, on the other hand, distrupt *every* aspect of my life, not just my sex life. Gimme the no sex thing, instead.

Crutches impede your sex life? Why don't you just lie them next to the bed/bench/rock and just get on with it? :ph34r:

I'm still with you on the no sex thing being better than crutches. About the only cool thing about crutches is you have an excuse for taking one of those electric buggies at WalMart, but given how slow they go, and the relatively tepid level of excitement inspired by the average WalMart, it's a pretty lame plus. :)

Very interesting poll & Question KBord! ;) And very close, call so far in the votes cast! Great Thread! :):o Sorry about the long, winded rant, just something I take very seriously & respect! ;)
Hope you ladies will forgive me!:)

I think your long winded rant was very romantic! :$

:$:$:$:$Thank You... Sweetie!:$:$:$:$ Just being honest about how I feel! That's why God made Adam before he made Eve! Every Great Artist, makes a 'rough draft' before they create the "Masterpiece" !;);)

That's why God made Adam before he made Eve! Every Great Artist, makes a 'rough draft' before they create the "Masterpiece" !

:$ :)
GravityJunky will earn many, many brownie points from women with an attitude like that! :)
Nina

Very interesting poll & Question KBord! ;) And very close, call so far in the votes cast! Great Thread! :):o Sorry about the long, winded rant, just something I take very seriously & respect! ;)
Hope you ladies will forgive me!:)

I'm impressed. You can rant like that anytime. :)
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Great Thread! :) Sorry about the long, winded rant, just something I take very seriously & respect! ;) Hope you ladies will forgive me!:)
GravityJunky will earn many, many brownie points from women with an attitude like that!
---------------------------------------------
I'm impressed. You can rant like that anytime. :)

:$:$:$:$:$;);) Thank you ladies! Again Just being honest, and standing up for what I truly believe in! ;);) Women are Awesome... Mama & Papa didn't raise any fools!;):)

Wait a minute.. Kbord--- AND you're STILL making your Rounds??? :o:)

I could have took more time off (and maybe should have... I have the vacation and could have even just said I don't care and took time without pay)... but took off the day of surgery and one additional clinic day. I just think of my patients as MY patients, so I didn't want to "dump" my OB ladies on my partners. My practice has had to ease up on the call schedule cuz I can't do standing surgeries yet (and C-Sections fall into that category). But as far as clinic stuffs go... I'm still able to do to what a gyn does best. Just a little slower at getting from room to room.

And... your "rant" was heartfelt emotions that should be more common, but that's why I give the ladies the ability to use me as the excuse.

and then have to try to figure out how to get the soup to the table by just looking at the bowl or scrubbing in for a surgical case and then looking at the crutches ...

My first thought when I voted (before reading this quote) was that crutches suck so bad, you can't even carry your own soup to the table!!

I hate crutches so bad. I would sooo take the cuddling.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham