StreetScooby

How do you deal with anger?

Lifting weights work really well for me. So does working out on a bag at my dojo.

If none of that works, I'll get on my motorcycle and ride somewhere for a few hours. A short ride, like 300-400 miles. That seems to work really well clearing my head.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'm curious how yall deal with anger. I'm going through a phase right now where I'm pretty pissed off. Need some ideas on how to deal with it.

Running. Anything more than six miles changes the chemical makeup of your brain.

YMMV, but eithe way, it works. :)

Anything more than six miles changes the chemical makeup of your brain.

Hey hey! Thanks! Right now, I'm using stuff that takes much less than that to change my brain chemistry. It's just not working out the way I'd like it to ;)

Yup. That's why I run. Fuck-load cheaper, too.

Just put it down.

It doesn't matter if some guy cut you off in traffic. You're feeling angry cos you're alive.

It doesn't matter if someone steals your stuff. Claim on insurance or get new stuff.

Think back ten years to something you were really angry about. Are you still angry? If you are, then you're bottling it up. If you simply have some regret about the path chosen back then, then you are growing as a person.

In the end, all that matters is now. Anger steals now from you. It forces you to wear a mask that someone else has handed you.

Don't wear that mask.

Put it down.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I absolutely love your sigline!!! B|B|B|

I can't take credit for saying comming up with it...

"You can't understand light unless you understand darkness, because that's where life is most often lived...somewhere between the two. It's messy and it's beautiful all at the same time." - Bebo Norman

http://www.myspace.com/bebonorman
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

You're feeling angry cos you're alive.

My uncle just recently died. The doctors are charging him $350K, of which his estate owes $70K. He's only got 120K to begin with, and by the time it's all done, he and his loved ones are going to end up with nothing. Is this what we have to look forward to in life?
We are all engines of karma

Depends on the anger.... most times listening to classical music will temper me. If that doesn't work, I head to the beach and take a long walk, or to the mountains and get some good hiking in.

Nature has a way of humbling me and makes me realize that the anger really isn't worth it. There's way too much beauty out there to be clouded by darkness.

I've also learned to laugh at myself... when I feel myself getting all fired up I reflect at myself and think - "you look pretty damned silly, there is a much more rational way to deal with this than throwing a tantrum." (psssst disregard the one I threw on here yesterday) :D:D:D

Good luck!!!
((((HUGS))))
g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Is this what we have to look forward to in life?

The only promise life keeps is misery. [:/] You just need to change the way you think about this. Instead of the family being left with "nothing." Think of it as...........At least his estate will pay off the bills. It could be worse...........they could owe 70K. ;) The glass is half full!

I used to punch the walls in my room growing up. I have grown out of that. When I get mad or angry...I vent for a few seconds and then normally I'm turning into a comedy routine. I deflect all the time with humor. It's how I deal with a lot of things. Laughing is very therapeutic for me.

My uncle was a really good guy. His wife died years ago, so the only family he really has are his sisters (my aunts). To think a guy like him can go through this life and not leave a dent really bothers me, man. It really bothers me. Makes me want to leave a dent, now.

I don't have answers for your problem.

I know that I feel angry when I'm scared, or when I believe someone has done something deliberate to hurt me or someone I love.

I know that is often not the case. I feel scared when I'm not in control. Mostly, in this life we are not in control. That's why skydiving appeals the way it does. We may not know if we have saved enough for retirement, but we're pretty sure how the next 60 seconds will turn out - and will have proof - positive or negative - of that 60 seconds from now.

The doctors never set out to bankrupt anyone. When they were students, and sleep deprived, and studying all they could, they were not thinking of all the people they could leave destitute.

We have little to look forward to in this life outside of the relationships we forge with others. It's those relationships which count. Not the money. Not the pain. Not the anger.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

know that I feel angry when I'm scared, or when I believe someone has done something deliberate to hurt me or someone I love.

I know that is often not the case. I feel scared when I'm not in control. Mostly, in this life we are not in control. That's why skydiving appeals the way it does. We may not know if we have saved enough for retirement, but we're pretty sure how the next 60 seconds will turn out - and will have proof - positive or negative - of that 60 seconds from now.

The doctors never set out to bankrupt anyone. When they were students, and sleep deprived, and studying all they could, they were not thinking of all the people they could leave destitute.

We have little to look forward to in this life outside of the relationships we forge with others. It's those relationships which count. Not the money. Not the pain. Not the anger.

Very well put. Thank you.