waltappel

Things that make you go "huh?!!!!!"

This just in from http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258102,00.html.

2 Georgia Men Survive Suicide Attempt After Cutting Own Arms Off With Saw
Friday, March 09, 2007

ATLANTA — Two Georgia men survived a gruesome suicide attempt Friday after cutting their own arms off with a saw, reported Atlanta's Journal Constitution.

The 40 and 41-year-old men managed to remove three of their four arms, cutting them about six inches above their wrists, Atlanta Police Major Lane Hagin told the Journal.

The men left a suicide note with the manager of their apartment building saying they were killing themselves because they were recently diagnosed with HIV and their business had failed, according to police.

The men are in stable condition at a local hospital and will undergo psychiatric tests, a police spokesman said.

I'm just guessing here, but I would bet that they are *really* depressed now.

Walt

I'd say they are poor planners too...They needed a third person to help out....really how does one cut off their arm if they have already cut off the other one??? Not smart planning at all!! A cry for help in more ways then one.....:ph34r:

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

So what, did the 2nd guy call 911? I bet the first guy is pissed now. He has no arms to kill himself. What a bunch of freaks in this world. :S

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

I'd say they are poor planners too...They needed a third person to help out....really how does one cut off their arm if they have already cut off the other one???

I could easily cut off both of my arms with a saw, without anyone else's assistance. Hint - There's this wonderful new invention called electricity. ;)

Edit: OK, so it wouldn't be "easy" to cut my own arms off with anything, but the logistics still wouldn't be that tough to figure out. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

That's a VERY original way to off yourself!

I'd like to shake their hands...Maybe they can mail one to me! :ph34r:

Ohhhh! 'Twardo that's not NICE!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Let's take a look at this scenario closely and attempt to explore the events leading up to the hospital trip:

Guy 1: "Hey, we have HIV. That sucks, but now our business failed, too. What do you think, maybe we should pack it in?"

Guy 2: "I'm thinkin' yeah. I just don't see any reason to continue on."

Guy 1: "Hmmm...now how to do it? We could buy a gun...we could fall off of something high...we could jump off a boat in the ocean...we could drug ourselves...we could slit our wrists..."

Guy 2: "NO!! Wait! Go back to that last one!! The bit with the wrists! Yeah, I think you've got something there...that sounds good."

Guy 1: "But that's soooooo 80's. We have to do something bigger, better, more bold."

Guy 2: "We could cut off our arms."

:|

:|

:o "BRILLIANT!!"

"I'll go get the chainsaw..."

Sheesh. :S Suicide sucks and I don't mean to make light of it...but how in the name of ZEUS' BUTTHOLE did they come up with this idea?? :S
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I'd say they are poor planners too...They needed a third person to help out....really how does one cut off their arm if they have already cut off the other one??? Not smart planning at all!! A cry for help in more ways then one.....

Most chainsaws have a trigger holddown that runs the engine at high speed for starting. They could have left it on and just laid their arms on the chain.

I'd bet they weren't lumberjacks.

Guy 1: "But that's soooooo 80's. We have to do something bigger, better, more bold."

Guy 2: "We could cut off our arms."

:o "BRILLIANT!!"

"I'll go get the chainsaw..."

Sheesh. :S Suicide sucks and I don't mean to make light of it...but how in the name of ZEUS' BUTTHOLE did they come up with this idea?? :S

I can't understand it either. How could they stand that much pain?!?

BRRAAAAAPAAPAPAAAA "AAAAAAAAGHGHGHGH!!!!" thud... "THAT FUCKING HURT DUDE!!!"

"Fuck, now what???"

:D:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

can't understand it either. How could they stand that much pain?!?

"Fuck, now what???"

OMG that is so funny :D :D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Most chainsaws have a trigger holddown ...

Two Atlanta men survived an attempt to kill themselves Friday by cutting off their arms with a circular saw, according to Atlanta Police Major Lane Hagin.

Circular Saw. Not a chainsaw. A chain saw would have been spectacular.

Poor planning indeed. They should have set up a tripod to capture it on video for those they intended to leave behind.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

This is just another example of why we need chainsaw controls.
Ya, ya I know, Chainsaws don't kill people,...

Read the article... it was a circular saw.:D (quoted in the post above yours)
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

This just in from http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258102,00.html.

2 Georgia Men Survive Suicide Attempt After Cutting Own Arms Off With Saw
Friday, March 09, 2007

ATLANTA — Two Georgia men survived a gruesome suicide attempt Friday after cutting their own arms off with a saw, reported Atlanta's Journal Constitution.

The 40 and 41-year-old men managed to remove three of their four arms, cutting them about six inches above their wrists, Atlanta Police Major Lane Hagin told the Journal.

The men left a suicide note with the manager of their apartment building saying they were killing themselves because they were recently diagnosed with HIV and their business had failed, according to police.

The men are in stable condition at a local hospital and will undergo psychiatric tests, a police spokesman said.

Walt

Well at least only one of them can beat them selves up about it.:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

really how does one cut off their arm if they have already cut off the other one???

Duuuh...Table saw!!! :ph34r:

G. Jones

"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea."

Walt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bowhaaaaaaaaahahahahahah! You got that right. Thats messing up BIG time.

Tell me. What really would turn your stomach? I got sick just reading that story. Wait..don't tell me. Please! :D~~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Everyone on this thread who hasn't faced depression just lost some respect from me. As if it matters. I know it doesn't. Making light of suicide is not funny. And while this story is gross, those of you who can't feel a little compassion for two people who are at the end of their ropes should take a look and see where else in your life you're missing compassion.

Be aware that there are people who are reading this right now who are thinking about taking their own lives, and are looking for ways to do so. This is not a topic to make light of. Not in any way, shape or form.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

It's perhaps a funny situation, but it's sad that there are people with mental problems sufficient to get them to try something like this. I don't think it's much different than someone who loses their feet to diabetes. In both cases, they had really serious diseases that left them crippled for life - the mechanisms were just different.

It's perhaps a funny situation, but it's sad that there are people with mental problems sufficient to get them to try something like this. I don't think it's much different than someone who loses their feet to diabetes. In both cases, they had really serious diseases that left them crippled for life - the mechanisms were just different.

Machinery too.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun