atsaubrey

Our new baby

6 week old Rotty. I ended up choosing the runt of the litter just cause he is too darn cute. Unfortunatley the next day he went to the vet, when I got him we noticed his one eye seemed to be slightly smaller than the other and almost as if one side of his fac was slightly "flatter" than the other. i asked the vet if he would grow out of it but after the exam he said the poor thing had some nerve damage on that side of his face and he doesnt have 100% muscle control in that area. With the lack of muscle control he doesnt blink his one eye when you touch close to it and that might be a issue in the future becase he might not get proper lubrication of the eye. He might adapt to it and might not have any issues though. As for the rest of the muscle issues his face will probably look a bit lopsided and he will definately look different. so with that my dog will be noticeable like a person with a hairlip. The vet said it was not genetic but was probably damaged during birth or while in the womb (litter was a large 11 puppies). the breeder offered me another pup or my money back but in the 18 hours we had him he was already part of the family and there was no way I was letting him go. I can't believe how fast these lil guys can attach to your heart. Now we are fighting the battle of poopy outside, he sure likes the carpet in the dining room now though[:/]
"GOT LEAD?"

So, what's his name? :P

He sure is a cutie!! But, he won't stay small for long. It's amazing how fast they grow!

Enjoy your new bundle of joy!

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

You get attached almost instantly. I know that for sure. We just recently got a new Flat Coat Retriever and he has a bit of an overbite. The breeder said it was a flaw but I think it makes him unique. Everyone has flaws and if its just a little physical one, well I can take that.:)
edit: cute put by the way.:)

I've had a couple "litter runts" before and never regretted them. They are fighters (not in the mean sense) and have a toughness and resilience that can't be matched. I don't think his physical problem will be much of a problem at all. He has toughed it out this long and survived, so I'm willing to bet he can handle anything life throws at him.
Great looking pup! What's his name? You could call him Sly, after Stallone. He had nerve damage to his face when born, that's why one side of his face sags.

he's so cute!!!!!!!!

loved the last picture!

I wish I could have a puppy, but I wouldn't have the time to take care of it, so I don't think it's fair
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
PMS#551
I love my life :)

Cute pup! Hang a bell at the back door, or whatever door he goes out to potty. Low enough for him to reach it but not on the door. Everytime you go out the door for him to potty ring it for him. Make sure he is standing at the door. After a few days he will ring the bell on his own to go out to potty. It works great. He may ring it to go out to play also. But that will be worked through. I've done it twice and it worked great. This will prevent him from barking when he wants to go out also.

Too CUTE!!! Great choice! Who cares if he's not perfect by CKC, AKA, whatever. He will love you for giving him a great chance at life. Look at all the cute expressions he will give you because of his condition. Love your new baby! :)
If I stand on my tip toes, I can see the weekend from here!

i've never had the pleasure of watching my babe when it was still a puppy.. but i'm sure she looked a little like yours.. still cute, but a monster too now..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

oops forgot to tell you his name. Guinness Woden Carter. I cut out the Guinness (beer) lable from a can and super glued it to his food dish. the dish is all black and you cant even tell I did, it looks soo cool in my opinion.

Cool name! So when he gets older you can say, "Guinness! Get me a Guinness!" and he will. :)

Awwww....

I have a runt, too. He's a lab / chow mix and HE is the best dog in the world. ;)

He's smarter than the average dog, definately more in tune with what's going on around him, and by far the best thing that's ever happened to me.

If you believe in any kind of order to the universe and what happens to us in life, then you know how I got my pooch. It was meant to be.

I'm happy that you've found a good master. :P Good luck with housebreaking...that's another thing I got lucky with. I can't imagine life without my dog and I shudder to think how (or if) I could ever replace the comfort I have knowing that my dog is at home waiting and protecting...waiting and protecting.

I would be a better person if I could be one tenth of the person my dog is....[:/]

here he is....
I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...

i love rotties for their protective nature. I had two cars and a bunch of stuff stolen outta my garage all in one night. Now I have the best alarm system there is, he wont sleep thru the robbery like I did and would imagine the will take off in a hurry when they hear him inside ready to kick their asses. That isn't why I bought him by any means but it is comforting to know he can alert you and scare the crap outta people if need be. Funny thing with them though is they normally become big pussies once the "new" people to them are in the house and they understand it is ok for them to be there.
"GOT LEAD?"

I'm right there with you, man! Once they know someone it doesn't matter anymore. But that bark is enough to dissuade just about anyone who doesn't know the dog from doing something stupid! ;)
I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...