DJL

80's "Nerd Gets the Girl" movies

I put themes togethe for Netflicks (my previous were Cold War Era War Movies, Fantasy Flicks, Steve Guttenberg movies) and the one I'm putting together now is an 80's "Nerd Gets the Girl" list. I have Lukas, Meatballs III: Summer Job, Can't buy me Love...

What I'm looking for now is this movie that was about these two guys who have a wager against the bad guys to bag the movie hottie (blonde and classy). Their sidekick is the nerd and they're trying to coach him along in their ways but know it's a lost cause. One of his lines is , "Well, then I guess a blowjob is out of the question." after he'd just been turned down in a bar. The girl goes on to coach him in the ways of women that his stud buddies wouldn't understand. The problem is that there's practically not plot beyond this, which makes it both the epitome of 80's nerd movies and also impossible to describe with any cross reference. There is also a scene in the movie where the badguy studs set up the good guys studs with these two hotties, and the hotties pretend like they have herpes to freak out the dudes.

Assistance is appreciated.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

By the way, at the end of the movie the girl finds out about the bet and spends about 5 minutes in a dramatic lecture. The good guy studs then find the nerd in bed with some hottie and there's the moral of the story.

I know the moive, daddy was a well know character actor and they drove about in a Jeep Wrangler type thingy
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Yeah, unfortunately I'm the resident movie trivia guy for most of the people I know so I'm all out of sources.

Squeak...so do you know the movie. The guys in in were the real typicals, like Billy Zabka (Karate Kid, Just one of the Guys). Actually, I could probably cross reference Ski School or K2 and that's the cast.

masterrig - more obscure.

The movie in which you are referring to is "Fraternity Vacation". This is not a guess, it is the movie you are looking for. The nerds name on the movie is Wyndal Tibet and his family has the largest pig farm in Iowa.
There is a fine line between being a hopeless romantic and a stalker

The movie in which you are referring to is "Fraternity Vacation". This is not a guess, it is the movie you are looking for. The nerds name on the movie is Wyndal Tibet and his family has the largest pig farm in Iowa.

Great call. Damn, Stephen Geoffreys was definitely eluding my mind. I need to go back and see Fright Night again also. I remember thinking the hottie "Sheree Wilson" was the hottest thing on the planet. I don't think I saw Fraternity Vacation until she had been on Dallas was a more prominent personality so I remember thinking she was a pretty big name for such a B-flick.

One of his lines is , "Well, then I guess a blowjob is out of the question." after he'd just been turned down in a bar.

I believe the movie was "Fraternity Vacation." Amanda Bearse (otherwise known as "Marcy" on "Married With Children") was the girl he said it to.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

One of his lines is , "Well, then I guess a blowjob is out of the question." after he'd just been turned down in a bar.

I believe the movie was "Fraternity Vacation." Amanda Bearse (otherwise known as "Marcy" on "Married With Children") was the girl he said it to.

only 2 hours too late :D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

That's an impressive/disturbing bit of trivia knowledge. Let's see, Psychobob, Hushpuppy, now you......I don't think that I know a single sane ATC:)

In referring to the line, I dont think I know a single sane ATC. Does that refer to Air Traffic Controllers? Thats what I do.
There is a fine line between being a hopeless romantic and a stalker