davedlg

Snow in Denver

Yeah, I'm on the high plains east of COS and it's very bad out here.
I drove to the Calhan Post Office this morning, and got there right before they closed. So much for "Neither rain nor sleet, nor snow..."

"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

Check out the road cameras at www.cotrip.org

I'm very glad to have my errands done for the next few days, as well as a fully stocked pantry and fridge.

Made it a Clicky for you.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

Yep. I'm actually spending the night at work so there's someone to help the nurses tonight and tomorrow. I'm sending all my therapists home and telling them not to worry about making it in tomorrow.

WooHoo!!!!

You're so good! You're gonna be tired tomorrow, though!

We even "closed" the firm at noon, although I don't know if it really counts as "closed" when you're supposed to work from home.

Wonder Man is stuck in Phoenix, but he's renting a car and trying to see how close he can get to home. Given that I-25 is closed to NM, I don't think it's looking good.
TPM Sister #102

I'm assuming that this is not normal - this car appears to be going sideways down the street + it looks like it might have just come through that snow median. Ooops!

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

Check out the road cameras at www.cotrip.org

I'm very glad to have my errands done for the next few days, as well as a fully stocked pantry and fridge.

I have had the unfortunate experience of witnessing these roads first hand. Leaving Colorado Springs at 7 am, everything looked fine, 3 hours and countless accidents later, got to the Denver Airport and conditions absolutely sucked.

It looks like I get to stay in Colorado for 3 extra days. :(

I should say so. If they can't figure out that today is a day to send people home, they are more clueless than I thought. They shouldn't risk letting their employees get out/get stuck in this. Says a lot about the corporate mentality.

They just said that I-25 is now shut down statewide.
TPM Sister #102

I've got a question: Why is the northern midwest & Canada hogging all the snow?

I'm on the east coast (Maryland) and all we're going to get is some crappy rain on Friday & Saturday. You guys are hogging the cold front, keeping us from having a white Christmas!!>:(>:(
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

:P:P To you guys and your snow days!!

I just finished making 20 mats up for employees to sleep on tonight. Lucky for me, Mary lives literally across the street, so I get to crash over there. And shower. But she doesn't have a flat iron or a curling iron. Or a round brush.:|:| I pity those who will have to see me tomorrow au naturel, including sans makeup.

On the other hand, getting ready for work will be a breeze!!

Okay, off to help serve dinner to our residents.:)

Wow. The Eisenhower Tunnel Cam isn't even working.

I did see this image, though. Looks like the poor SOB just got stuck in a drift. I've driven in those conditions - I remember my childhood before one of the sides opened taking Loveland Pass in the snow. And, those times when we passed through eastbound and were putting on chains once we got to the other side.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I don't understand the fuss. As long as that's just snow, it's not that difficult to drive in. In heavy snow, the lack of visibility slows me down more than a lack of traction. My truck handles quite well in it, and I can drive myself out of a ditch with snow a quarter of the way up the doors.

Ice is a totally different story. B|

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)