shermanator

HOw long after expires is milk not drinkable?

Well the date on the container is the sell by date not an actual this is bad and will kill you date. I figure you about about 1 week or so of still good to drink left, but my fridge is nice and cold.

Oh and my grandparents had dairy cows and made their own milk......guess what....that shit stays warm a long time before they pasturize and refrigerate it. :S

Fly it like you stole it!

Hold the container and give it one firm shake up and then down.

If you hear 'thok-thok', don't drink it.
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

I have a sensitive palate when it comes to sour milk. Usually 1 day after the expiration date I can tell the milk start to go bad, and it's promptly poured down the drain. Of course, some of the top brands last a bit longer than the local or lesser known, cheaper brands. Barber's usually good for 2 days at most.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Simple test with the microwave will assure you of the freshness or foulness of the milk.
nuke it at high power until it starts to foam over the container. stir it witha spoon. if ya see solids, its foul.
Else, it's ok. Doesn't work with skim or low fat milk.
take care,
space

Lactaid milk is the best. I've had it one month expired and it was still so drinkable! Yummy!

If you're not sure if your milk is still drinkable, do the curdle test. Get a cup of hot water, pour a tbsp of milk in there and see if it curdles.

What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss, Friendo?

I hope you drank it and got sick. So there. :P:D

i have some left.. i'll give it to you next week if you want. heehe

By next weekend it will be so bad I might die. Do you want that on your conscience? :P
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I hope you drank it and got sick. So there. :P:D

i have some left.. i'll give it to you next week if you want. heehe

By next weekend it will be so bad I might die. Do you want that on your conscience? :P

If it makes you feel any better, i will drive you to the hospital.. i have one of those gps thingies, so i can find one now!
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

I'm just curious, because there is some milk sitting in my fridge that expired a while ago, i told my mom, and she said, nah, it's still good.

When it goes bad, just use it to make pancakes or something like that.

Did you ever see' Grumpy Old Men" when Walter Mattau poured the milk for a guest ? coffee and it came out in lumps. I think he said when asked "It smelled OK to him".There was another movie that was similar to it The guy said to his wife or girl friend
"Didnt [what ever name on the carton] go out of business three years ago?" I recall the date as being the last day the store could sell. Not the last day it was drinkable. Just carry a new pair of undies and baby wipes with you and not worry so much