Taikoen

Is this legal on an airplane?

for added excitement, open this on your lap top after strapping back in .... :o:o:o

http://www.thecleverest.com/countdown.swf

That would guarantee a severe beat down by the "let's roll" passenger types.

BTW, does the "may not be worn in flight" rule change if the plane is going down?

If the plane is going down I think all rules are out the door. A while ago I got asked this question by my whuffo g/f "If the plane was going down would you give me your parachute or would you just leave me?". I still haven't given her an answer.

I've had good fun off the aircraft at airports w/ my rig - I usually just wear it like a backpack and no one bats an eye. Going through Security at O'Hare has never been a problem at all.

Why not just put it in a kit bag? I've had to do some fancy explaining to the counter lady when some of my fellow jumpers were a little too proud of their rigs while standing in line. Being the dude from the FAA, they asked me to do the talking. Being discrete is easier.[:/]

If the plane is going down I think all rules are out the door. A while ago I got asked this question by my whuffo g/f "If the plane was going down would you give me your parachute or would you just leave me?". I still haven't given her an answer.

You'd have much grater chance of survival with your parachute than her, on the other hand she might have a pretty good chance if she's staying in the plane. You might have a pretty good chance staying in the plane too.

This files under the "ethical dilemmas of being a skydiver". Ouch, tricky one.

As for the rest of the Thread, I would advise the original poster not to do what he suggested in the original post. There's a risk of physical violence from other skydivers.

B|
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Jonny O sounds like a blast to party with!

lol if you only knew...

jonny o where are you!

Jinkies, gang... I think we have a mystery...:P

As far as rigs when the flight's goin' down... wouldn't do you much good if you couldn't get to a door and get it open... wouldn't be a good idea to open it either in my opinion... think of how many people would get sucked out from the pressure difference. I mean, imagine seeing all those people falling and screaming to their deaths... :D:D:D:D Wait a sec, on second thought... >:(
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

A while ago I got asked this question by my whuffo g/f "If the plane was going down would you give me your parachute or would you just leave me?". I still haven't given her an answer.

You could strap her in too if you had time or tell her to hold on on the way out...B|

For everybody that had a mild seizure when they read this and called the poster a Moron. You have no sense of humor... he was obviously joking. Read the last line.

How many hours do you think I'd spend talking with TSA after the flight?

Damn some people need to lighten up and not take life so seriously. Thought that's what this sport was about Having a good time and living life. Not stressing about all the little shit.

"Disclaimer --- This post is copyrighted and may not be infringed upon. No implications are made to any real people or statments they made. If anybody if offended please contact HR and file form 69666. The statments made are not the opinions of DZ.COM. Please refer to Sec. 18-251 for matters realting to a sense of humor. For detailed instructions on how to loosen up please send check or money order to Budwieser King of Beers Attn. I need a buzz....

My best friend who is an AA Pilot, swears this happened last month. Im still calling Bullshit.

Leslie Nielsen was in 1st class. The co-pilot went to the lav and had leslie behind the cart with the FA. He did his biz and had Leslie poke his head in the cockpit and go

"Wer'e all counting on you, good luck"

That is the holy grail of cockpit Jokes. If it happened , kudos.

My best friend who is an AA Pilot, swears this happened last month. Im still calling Bullshit.

Alcoholics Anonymous has an airline? Hmmm... remind me to take the bus:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.