Miami

Zeroscaping

What a pain in the ass that was! Worth it though, no more mowing for my tiny plot of land, and right outside our gate is a huge grassy area for my daughter to play in...and it's maintained by the HOA! ;)

Before/after pics here, just scroll to the bottom.
Miami

What a pain in the ass that was! Worth it though, no more mowing for my tiny plot of land, and right outside our gate is a huge grassy area for my daughter to play in...and it's maintained by the HOA! ;)

Hi Miami...

You have a better HOA than I. Dang.

How are the new tats healing?
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I was about ready to be a smart ass and say "it is xeriscaping, unless you are talking about a concrete deck, then it is zero-scaping." (Most people think water conserving landscaping is spelled "zero", instead of "xeri")

Then I saw the photos and see you really did "zero". he he he

LOL...I thought the same thing.

My front yard is Xeriscaped, so I was wondering what he did different and if it was something I might want to use. I'll pass though I like having lots of low maintenance flowers.:D:D

Fly it like you stole it!

Not me...I have a black thumb. Anything living I might have put back there would have died a slow miserable plant death. There is a huge grassy area (nice grass, too!) right outside our back gate, with huge trees and all, for my daughter to play in, so I wasn't concerned about keeping any grass inside the gate. Grass and plant that I don't have to take care of is my friend! ;)

Miami

Thanks! It was way more work than I thought it would be...the hardest part was digging up all the grass/weeds and then the 2 inches of topsoil. That ended up being a lot of dirt! Once I got to the part of laying down the landscaping cloth/pavers/pebbles it took maybe an hour.
Miami

Is it xeri or zero? I thought xeri was landscaping with rock and plant that use little water, while zero was just rock...
Either way, there are no plants back there for me to kill (other than my daughter's potted sunflowers...but I don't touch those), just stepping stones and rocks over landscaping cloth to keep anything new from growing up.;)

Miami