sundevil777

Bluetooth earpiece - why do people keep them in their ear at all times?

So we can confuse and annoy the heck out of people like you when you see someone walking around the grocery store who appears to be talking very loudly to themself. :P

Really though, I just don't like to disconnect it from my cell phone. It's much easier to just leave in on my ear and continue on about my business. However, I generally only make a point of using it while I'm driving. :P

Resistence is futile....they have joined the Brog Collective

Jene i'm disappointed.. you've been around long enough to recall the "Metal Men" from Dr. Who....

Weren't they "Cybermen"?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

So we can confuse and annoy the heck out of people like you when you see someone walking around the grocery store who appears to be talking very loudly to themself. :P
:P

You also screw guys up when you women are dressed up all sexy like, walking around the grocery store, and you procceed to say "hi there, hello, etc" to the person on the other line.

I should know my odds but I still can't help from saying hello back and trying to strike up a conversation. :S
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Is it just wanting to look cool - hey everybody look at me I'm a high-tech savvy person?

I would think it very irritating to keep it in your ear for such long periods of time, same as headphones for MP3 players. Do the microphones work well, being so far from the mouth? Is that part of the reason they talk so loud?

I don't have a cell phone anymore.

They have a Lt. Uhura fetish?
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Resistence is futile....they have joined the Brog Collective

Jene i'm disappointed.. you've been around long enough to recall the "Metal Men" from Dr. Who....

Weren't they "Cybermen"?

you are correct sir.. my error..

there was a recent Dr. Who (new series) that 'brought them back' and explained their creation. Essentially an 'upgrade' from the 'headset devices' people wore to be continually connected to the public broadcasts.....

an intentional parrallel to people who keep their earpieces in all the time now i'm sure

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2005/11/10/26933.shtml

So they can look like Uhura

"There's Klingons off the starboard bow."

Ever notice how these people will switch between talking to you and picking up a phone call without letting you know
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192