moth

tube stoes

You can make by yourself. You need some tools and some silicone tube like 4mm x 1mm and/or 7mm x 1.5mm and some silicone glue maybe.
!m of silicone tube costs less than 3 Euros.

Optimal tube length is about 105-120mm with 10mm overlay.

I made 6 big and 8 small tubes yesterday in less than 30 minutes.

I make my own. My method uses no adhesive. Put the 'joint' in the larkshead where there is little tension, and they've never pulled apart.

Years ago bulk silicone tubing could be found in the fishing/sporting goods section of any department store (really cheap per foot). I finally was going to make some more, but now I can't find it in the stores. I'm sure a search will find some place to order from.

Use a pair of needlenose pliers to turn one end over about 5mm. Insert the closed pliers into the other end and open the pliers to expand the tubing. Now take a pair of hemostats (sp?) or similar instrument used for other purposes to grab the turned over end of the tubing and insert it into the opened end. Carefully slide the tubing off the pliers and you're done. No need to glue anything. Using adhesive instead of turning over the end would result in a little less bulk, so that is an option also.

I only use tube stows for the critical 2 locking stows. I like knowing they are strong and unlikely to break when they are under so much tension - as the bag is being lifted off.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Ah... but WHERE have you found the right tube to use...?

It was available in the local Walmart, but I can't find it in any local stores.

I haven't made them in so long that I now need a new source, probably will be online.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I only use tube stows for the critical 2 locking stows. I like knowing they are strong and unlikely to break when they are under so much tension - as the bag is being lifted off.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but surely the two locking stows are under no additional pressure as the bag lifts out of the container? As I understand it, the only way to add tension is from the lines, and they're being metered by the other stows.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but surely the two locking stows are under no additional pressure as the bag lifts out of the container? As I understand it, the only way to add tension is from the lines, and they're being metered by the other stows.

There is a lot of extra pressure because of the weight of the canopy fabric will have to be accelerated (the pilot chute yanks it out of the container). The only thing that prevents the bag being stripped off the canopy are the locking stows, they will be stretched to some extent because of the extra forces involved with the acceleration.

Someone a while back posted a picture of a D-bag with the locking stows stretched an amazing amount as it was lifting.

I have gotten it Binsons in the Detroit area.They sell wheel chairs ,bath tub adapters and railings , etc etc. I wanted tubing to replace goggle bands for our tandems . It didnt come in decorator colors but they sure had enough. A friend said at his hospital they had actual inserting tools too.Maybe some doctor jumpers could line all of us up . there is always asking the local junkie where he gats his for shooting up. So its not that hard to find ,I just looked in my phone book and was surprised at how many stores there were, Hope this helps

I make my own. My method uses no adhesive. Put the 'joint' in the larkshead where there is little tension, and they've never pulled apart.

Use a pair of needlenose pliers to turn one end over about 5mm. Insert the closed pliers into the other end and open the pliers to expand the tubing. Now take a pair of hemostats (sp?) or similar instrument used for other purposes to grab the turned over end of the tubing and insert it into the opened end. Carefully slide the tubing off the pliers and you're done. No need to glue anything. Using adhesive instead of turning over the end would result in a little less bulk, so that is an option also.

Did I understood your method correct (pls see attachment)? This assembly does not take apart without clue?
Why drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly?

Did I understood your method correct (pls see attachment)? This assembly does not take apart without clue?

That is it. If you put the joint at the base of the larkshead, there is very little stress on it - so it won't come apart.

I've tried. That's not really working out that way. It really hard to squeeze the end with the turned back part into the other and it is coming out easier than the other way around.

Here is my way to make it.

Yep, choiced this method too, Initially thought just to put some glue on one of the end of the tube and pass 'em in to the other...but "rolover idea" seems better:) thx for the pics;)
Why drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly?