Foursprouts

Sonic suits, 2nd hand info. Beware.

Just thought that I should post this. It is second hand info and I cannot verify it but it is from a source that would know the situation better than most.

Sonic are in trouble and curently have no production. They are still taking orders but can not complete these requests as have no staff due to not being able to pay them. Rush orders sent over two months ago have not arrived nor are emails answered.

As I said before this is second hand info but if true they should not be taking peoples money.

If anyone has received a Sonic suit recently it may be wrong but I know lots of people who are still waiting months after ordering.

It dosent matter who I am. I do not have any connection with the clothing industry if that is what you are worried about. I was going to buy a sonic suit but did a bit of research and found out that info which if true should be know by people waiting or about to buy a sonic suit as it is basically theft if they cannot deliver. I would like to know it if I was about to spend 100s on a jumpsuit.

I will not say where I heard it so don't ask.

If anyone has recently received a sonic suit post here as would not want to spread lies about a company. What I do know as a fact is two jumpers at the DZ where I work have been waiting over two months for a sonic rush order and do not get replies to emails. That is why I started looking around and asking questions.

I would never post anything without actually knowing a bit about it first hand. Which is that two rush orders submitted over two months ago have not arrived nor are emails answered.

I am not writing the info about sonics financial situation as fact as I do not know that first hand. If it is true people should know about it before sending money.

Just wait and see what people post who have first hand knowledge of dealing with sonic over the last few months. If it is untrue, which I hope it is as they make good stuff then we will find out in the next few hours.

Why does it matter who I am? I am a jump pilot working in the UK. Done about 150ish jumps. My birthday is in a few days, I just had a sandwich (chicken tikka), I still have not done my daily poo, I am 5'11'', work overseas a lot, live in a hanger and am very bored as it is too windy to go jumping.

I bought a suit in April and received it in June (picked up from Spain). My brother also did the same with no probelms what so ever.

As far as I could tell, Sonic were doing fantastically and I think just recently moved workshops - maybe this is why there is a little bit of a delay?

In my exeprience, Sonic have always been very good in replying to emails/phone calls/txts.

Seems a little strange! :S

In my exeprience, Sonic have always been very good in replying to emails/phone calls/txts.

in mine too.

This post seems diffamatory IMHO.

To post that they are late on 2 orders would be "OK"
To post that they might be broke and such is just plain BS :|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

A I said before, lets wait to see what those who have dealt with Sonic in the past couple of months have to say. It seems as though it is a recent thing. I have nothing against Sonic and think their products are awesome, would have got a suit if it weren't for my two friends who are having problems.

I just think that if it is true people need to find out before sending money. As I know it would really piss me off if I lost that much.

I hope it is BS as I will get stuff from them if it is.

THIS IS NOT POSTED AS FACT. 2ND HAND INFO.

Waiting to hear from people who actually know through own dealings.

Thats the point!!! I am trying to figure out what is going on so that people don't make a mistake. Whats wrong with that? I am not trying to be a shit towards a company whose products I highly respect. OK, I guess that this is not a popular topic as people including myself hope it is not true so will ask a moderator to delete it.

Thats the point!!! I am trying to figure out what is going on so that people don't make a mistake. Whats wrong with that? I am not trying to be a shit towards a company whose products I highly respect. OK, I guess that this is not a popular topic as people including myself hope it is not true so will ask a moderator to delete it.

That's what I thought this website was for, to help out other jumper?

You SAID the info was 2nd hand, but the YOU were having trouble getting answers from THEM.

Sounds to me like you're just passing on a "Heads Up" so people will be able to do some checking before THEY get burned.

You didn't say "Don't do business here", just that there are concerns.

I really don't see anything wrong with that!

~ "Pack Fast, Pull Low... and Date Your Riggers WIFE!" ~

I am not trying to be a shit towards a company whose products I highly respect.

Looking in from the outside you are not comming off that way at all. Perhaps if you had rephrased the original post so it was more of a question rather than sounding like an attack you wouldn't have met with so much hostility. That's just how it looks to most people who know nothing about the company, you or the situation.

Mick.

By the way I'm not afraid to let those who read my postings know who I am.

Thats the point!!! I am trying to figure out what is going on so that people don't make a mistake. Whats wrong with that? I am not trying to be a shit towards a company whose products I highly respect.

and affirming

Sonic are in trouble and curently have no production. They are still taking orders but can not complete these requests as have no staff due to not being able to pay them.

do not go well together.:|

Sorry dude but it really sounds diffamatory to me.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I agree that it sounded like an attack and for that I am sorry. It was not intended to be taken that way. It was merely pointing out that there may be a problem that customers should be aware off.

I have been contacted be Sonic and they say it is a delivery problem so I now know 1st hand what they have said and will say no more about it.

Just to clarify one more time, Sonic make awesome suits and would recomend them to anyone who asked my opinion, although their service towards my friends has been poor recently. Their service towrds my brother and his girlfriend a few months ago was very good and the suits are perfect.

There is nothing wrong with not saying who I am, this is the internet and a forum. If you really want to know you could find out but would be very boring unless you enjoy pretending to be a PI

Not really,

I wish I had put it diferently but if it is true I hope people will find out from this thread as companies should not behave that way. If it is false which I hope it is then I am incredibly sorry for posting it but still think they should have explained to their customers what the problems were .

OK that is the last thing I am going to say as there are too many people who just don't get the point of this thread and my intentions when starting it. This is a forum and nothing on it should ever be taken as a fact, even if someone says it is a fact. As someone posted previously it is just a heads up on some strange goings on.

Dont get upset guy. On this site you cant even tell some one your fucking name without being flamed or hear about all the shit your doing wrong. Just part of that ever evolving cyber world people are a part of.

;)
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

Dont get upset guy. On this site you cant even tell some one your fucking name without being flamed or hear about all the shit your doing wrong. Just part of that ever evolving cyber world people are a part of.

;)

Hahahahahahah that's funny! If you think this is rough (it's not) go over to rec.skydiving and be prepared to be gutted. Long before you started jumping and long before this forum was established there was only rec.skydiving,an unmoderated forum where anyone could say anything and personal attacks were the norm. It didn't start out that way and once was a good place to go for a common interest, however as more people came online with no moderation it became a shit slinging site. Now, no one visits it much anymore but, we have this site and while it may not be perfect at least it's civil.

Mick.

Dont get upset guy. On this site you cant even tell some one your fucking name without being flamed or hear about all the shit your doing wrong.

Funny how it's only the guys doing stupid shit that get flamed, eh? :) :P

You are very observant Grasshopper. :)
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals