diablopilot

Ban Boogies, They are killing people.

Can we just ban Fish?

A flying herring doing 90 knots will definately kill you - and someone else if it's frozen.

The first thing we must do is kill all the lawyers. The second thing is to ban all the Turtles. After all they are slow and often very very very old. :P

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I had a bit of a heated debate last night with Andy C., and Jello.
I listed many of the things that I though would help.

I'll not do it here b/c Im lauging at this thread.

it reminds me of a saying in the south:
"even a blind squirell will find a nut once in a while".

Action without thought has potential for dire consequences, but a well thought out plan, has great potential for success.
That, IMHO, is what JP is saying. ;)

Im going to look at hot chicks in rigs now. B|
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Can we just ban Fish?

A flying herring doing 90 knots will definately kill you - and someone else if it's frozen.

The first thing we must do is kill all the lawyers. The second thing is to ban all the Turtles. After all they are slow and often very very very old. :P

:o

At least they aren't Canuckian.:|

:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Boogies don't kill people. Skydivers who can't continue to use common sense on every jump, especially with a lot of canopies in the air, kill people.

As they say, guns don't kill people, people kill people, which pretty much applies in the same way.

I've got 28 jumps and I'm guilty of it doing something stupid under canopy. I'm sure everyone here is.

The way I see it people need to be flying very consistent patterns on every jump and constantly twist their neck to check their airspace like the meaning of life is somewhere written on a cloud.
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

Oh hell NO... thems is fightin' words Bi-otch!>:(
'Blame Cana-DAH'... Now THAT makes sense!:P:D:D:D:D:D
You fuckers still owe us an explaination for Mariah Carey.... well start splainin'!:D:D:D
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

Oh hell NO... thems is fightin' words Bi-otch!>:(
'Blame Cana-DAH'... Now THAT makes sense!:P:D:D:D:D:D
You fuckers still owe us an explaination for Mariah Carey.... well start splainin'!:D:D:D

Can we ban Canada?

Shell - Get over here Quick!!!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

If I knew what you were talking about maybe I could splain some'thung to ya. But I don't know shit.

We already knew that... you're canadian:D:D:D
Yea, Shell hurry up over here, we're banning Canada PERMANENTLY! That solve ALOT of problems!:D:D:D:P
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

>Know what else?? Thats the risk you take when you get in the door
>and jump out of the damn plane.

You take a risk every time you drive down the street. Does that mean you're OK with drunk driving? After all, you can be killed by anyone, drunk or sober.

>Know what else?? Thats the risk you take when you get in the door
>and jump out of the damn plane.

You take a risk every time you drive down the street. Does that mean you're OK with drunk driving? After all, you can be killed by anyone, drunk or sober.

Exactly. Danny was a highly skilled canopy pilot who made a terrible mistake with a fatal outcome.
If I'm driving down the street and get hit by a professional race car driver who ran a red light, then I guess its my day to go.

I really can't argue this anymore. I'm exhausted from being upset and sick over it.

Can we just ban Fish?

no you can't cause I'm faster than the ban. And colder too. :|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Just ban skydiving. It's a stupid way to spend your weekend.

Seriously.

The downside of what we do is the risk of an early and unpleasant death from sudden impact trauma.

Thats's the coin we pay for the high. If you can't handle it, the door to leave is always open.

I think you know that our thoughts are alike on this subject.:)
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

>I've got a better idea--let's not tolerate behavior that puts others at risk.

maybe you should put that big orange label on some rigs and all main canopys on your reading list.

the moment your rig goes on you are risking your life as well as others, remember, even if you do everything correctly, you can still die doing this

harsh reality, YES
but its the truth......

g

>I've got a better idea--let's not tolerate behavior that puts others at risk.

maybe you should put that big orange label on some rigs and all main canopys on your reading list.

the moment your rig goes on you are risking your life as well as others, remember, even if you do everything correctly, you can still die doing this

harsh reality, YES
but its the truth......

g

Maybe you should put this on *your* reading list:

willful negligence. Intentional performance of an unreasonable act in disregard of a known risk, making it highly probable that harm will be caused. Willful negligence usually involves a conscious indifference to the consequences.

Call me picky, but I don't think it's acceptable. YMMV

Walt

willful negligence. Intentional performance of an unreasonable act in disregard of a known risk, making it highly probable that harm will be caused. Willful negligence usually involves a conscious indifference to the consequences.

Walt

Yup, pretty much sums up skydiving. :|
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Just ban skydiving. It's a stupid way to spend your weekend.

Seriously.

The downside of what we do is the risk of an early and unpleasant death from sudden impact trauma.

Thats's the coin we pay for the high. If you can't handle it, the door to leave is always open. ***

Well said, if you are not wiiling to accept the possibilities of reaching for something "more." Maybe you should stay home and be content with a safer, structured, more secure life. Just know, something stupid may take you out anyway, like a drive to the convenience store. Go fast and take chances or... well you know...

-Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

Yup, pretty much sums up skydiving. :|

Not at DZs here in Texas. YMMV

Walt

dont really see how you figure that. We all perform and action that has dire consequences. We accept the risk. We willfuly sign away our rights to sue, so that we may jump. Thousand pile into boogies around the world knowing that at anymoment things could get ugly.

we can easily spriral down into a debate of semantics, and exactly what deoes that "word" mean.

Oh, and Ive got time in at DZs in Texas (200-300 jumps), the problems are everywere.
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Ok, let me put it this way. Do you consider disregarding the safety of others while you are jumping to be acceptable?

That's not a rhetorical question.

My answer to that question is an emphatic NO.

I don't consider actions of that type to be in the same category as other risks inherent in our sport.

Walt

Ok, let me put it this way. Do you consider disregarding the safety of others while you are jumping to be acceptable?
Walt

I do not consider it acceptable.
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

>If I'm driving down the street and get hit by a professional race car driver
>who ran a red light, then I guess its my day to go.

That's true. And I will ask you again - does that mean you are OK with drunk driving, since you can die anyway? Or do you think that drunk driving is not OK because it puts other drivers more at risk?