AggieDave

Show us your pet!

Here is my little baby. Although I have her listed as a demon. :P
I actually got her to stay still for the most part for these pictures. This is her daily spot when the sun comes through.
She unfortunately doesn't live with me as she is keeping the parents older cat company.
She was abandoned with two others, a black and another white. I actually had the other white one for a bit but she was taken when an add was placed to give them both away. No one came to get her and she got to stay.
She is a blessing I believe.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Thanks! It was pretty rough waking up every two hours to feed her, but if I didn't she started to nibble on whatever exposed skin should could find. :S She wasn't a big fan of my having to pull apart the scar tissue that had formed over her eye. The vet wasn't even too sure that there was going to be an eye underneath there it was so bad, but now all shes got is a slightly drippier eye than normal because the third lid doesn't work as well. Nikki is still pretty small, tough as nails though. During the summer, shes like 6 pounds, winter a little heavier.

I love this thread! Its so nice to see so many people who really love their pets as opposed to the sucky people who abandon theirs. All 4 of our cats were rescues, one of which was declawed and then left at my job. My sister and he have developed quite the bond...

The sand on the face picture is great! Looks like she was having a good time.:)

actually she was upset because I wouldn't get up out of my chair and throw the ball for her... :D her retailiation of sorts was to bury it... toss it in the air and bury it again...

even though she was back lit I liked how the picture turned out because she has much more contrast then usual... B|
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

All of my herd are rescues.

Abby is the latest addition, and still having some adjustment issues. She was left behind by my Mom's former tenants - they had a pit bull, and Abby was raised with her, so Abby's response to almost everything is fight. Understandable, and it's lessened greatly since the beginning. Her eyes turned out really orange in this shot; a trick of the lighting I assume, as they aren't quite so orange (but still very brilliant) in real life.

Simon was the two week old kitty I rescued from being put down (no one had time for him). Fed every two hours, 24/7. He's a snowshoe siamese, and the only male of the herd. He is spoiled rotten, and gets away with pretty much everything. He's a good sized, gorgeously colored chocolate point, and just a dear one.

Esse is the "Mama" cat. She herds the others around, lets the others climb on her, and is generally pretty docile. She is Penguin's adopted mom, and has done wonders with Pengy getting her tamed down.

Pengy is the feral I caught about 2 years ago, the one who lived under my bed. Between Esse and Simon, Pengy started to come out regularly about 9 months ago, and sleeps on my bed and has the run of the house. She is significantly handicapped, permanently disabled from abuse (run a search for Penguin; I wrote up her story and posted here a while ago). SHe is a dear one, and as you can see from the photo, doing really, really well despite being crippled; she gets into the window and watches the world go by - and how great that is. Someday she'll let me touch her, and has on occasion let me pet her with my foot...but someday, she'll let me cuddle her. Until then, it's at her pace and in her time.

To be continued...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Continuing..

Pie, my psychotic calico. I got her when she was about 4 months old - the rescue place was very glad to see her go; they had named her Devil. She wouldn't let anyone come near her, touch her, or even put their hand in the cage. Imagine my surprise when I picked her up, and she snuggled right into the curve of my neck, purring and sleepy. She came home...but she is nuts. She has this thing about lamps - will put her head under any one that is on; I am beginning to think she has vision issues, but there's really no way to test for myopia in cats, you know?

And lastly, Queen Charlotte. Nothing really needs to be said about the Queen. She rules the roost. An all black, long haired older cat (we think about 9ish), she walked in the back door one night about 4 1/2 years ago, and hasn't left. She is incredibly aloof to strangers, but cuddles me often.

Again, all are rescues...and all are dear.

Ciels-
Michele

Icon and Gmittar, thanks for the compliments. I love shooting my herd...they're all so different and fun. The one of Esse is the newest favorite of mine - a little on the short Depth of Field, but shows what I see when I wake in the morning...she's always there, watching me and waiting for me to wake up. The shots you see are not my best, but do show their personalities so much I decided to put them up. My herd's happy and cute, and I'm indeed a lucky lady.

Gmittar, Bella has turned into a lovely Bengal. She is gorgeously marked, her rosettes are so clear and bright. Well done - I know how hard it was, and you've done a bang-up job with her.

Ciels-
Michele

My two dachshunds, Frieda and Cinnamon. Frieda's the miniature and Cinnamon is...well...NOT miniature!

We also have a cute black and tan dachshund puppy (one of Frieda's). I'll try to post pics if I can get them off the stupid CD!:S
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

Gmittar, Bella has turned into a lovely Bengal. She is gorgeously marked, her rosettes are so clear and bright. Well done - I know how hard it was, and you've done a bang-up job with her.

Thanks!! I really appreciated your help along the way. She's still very independant, but at the same time very affectionate and playful and loving. It's a good mix:)

|>.<|
Seriously, W.T.F. mate?

Charlotte's face looks like she could very well be Shadow's sister. They are even about the same age. She's quite possibly the most verbal cat that I've even met. You can say anything to her, and she will meow back, usually a long drawnout multiple toned sentence of a meow.

Wow, yes indeed. The only difference is the color of the whiskers. Cool!

Charlotte is a very, very quiet cat. Very little vocalization - likely because she lived outside on her own for (an unknown) long time. Sounds in the wild will bring unwanted attention. She will ask for treats, and say hello to me if she feels like it, but often she just rubs her head against my leg or hand instead.

Simon, though - well, he's my talker. He says "bless you" when I sneeze, discusses things with me, answers the television, and will call for me when I'm not immediately visible - including me being just on the other side of the blanket bundle in bed. LOL! Siamese tend to be very, very vocal...and Simon sure does live up to that trait.

Gmittar, glad to have helped. It's good that she's independent, and also know that she's still a young one. Over time, she will become more cuddly and "trusting" ... but she seems like she's loving hanging out on your lap a lot, so it's all good.

Ciels-
Michele

Thanks!!

Great cats. Do I see that George has blue eyes?? I wanted mine to have blue eyes but didn't happen. I forgot to mention in my first post that I got her when she was probably all of 6-8 weeks old.

Foxxy Love--- Great name

warpedskydiver,
I get it now. It's early cut me some slack.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Shadow's whiskers used to be black. For some reason, they started turning white one by one a couple years ago and now they are all white. The best is watching her attempt to hunt. She will stalk whatever bird or small animal she sees, but when she gets about 4-5 feet away, she meows at it. She's cute, but I do believe that there is a continuum in the intelligence of cats as well, and shes really not at the top of her class. Missy, the grey and white, is like a little kitty genius, on the otherhand.