jbrinkman

any ARTISTS?

Maybe you should wait a few hundred jumps and actually see what it is skydiving means to you before getting a skydivng tattoo?

You might get a picture of a guy flying on his belly and then later realise just how gay bellyflying really is:P

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Maybe you should wait a few hundred jumps and actually see what it is skydiving means to you before getting a skydivng tattoo?

You might get a picture of a guy flying on his belly and then later realise just how gay bellyflying really is:P

[sarcasm] How dare you try to detract from this budding skydiver's love for this sport and attempt to squelch his personal expression! [/sarcasm]
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

I am not saying it will be gay.

I am saying wait until you know what skydiving means to you.
Wait until you know what disciplin it is you enjoy, wait and find out your place in the sky and your dedication towards it.

You go and get a tattoo now that is about skydiving you may be rushing in to it as right now you dont have a clue about the sport. Sure you have basic knowledge but wait and find out what the sport does for you. Right now ever jump you do you are not free, you are learning towards getting your first license. Wait until you have the licens and have done a 100 jumps or something to find out what this sport means to you. You will get so much inspiration after your first 100 jumps. Right now you have made a step into the sport but you are just guessing what it is about.

Just my opinion though mate. I have seen so many people rush and get skydiving tattoos and then later on feel like a right knob.

I am guessing you already wear a pin around your neck?

Thats the funniest thing, students that wear pin necklaces but are still on rigs with ripcords:D

All i am saying is wait mate. You might realise that a wing has nothing to do with skydiving unless you are a wingsuit dude.

The only thing that a wing has to do with skydiving on your 'A' license is that a canopy works the same way as a wing. We are not flying like we have wings, hell we are falling cause we dont have wings.

Not having a go mate, just dont want you to rush into it.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I'll post a picture of mine when it's done, still has about 2 hours of work left to go, but it's a phoenix upper arm sleeve with clouds around it. Nestled in the cloud pattern is the shape of a closing pin, so it's skydiving related, but not blatantly so.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

We have a dragon in common as well then... I have a sleeping dragon wrapped around my left ankle :)
Post pictures!

To the original poster... I agree with everyone else about waiting a while on getting the tattoo. I held off until 100 jumps to start thinking about a skydiving tattoo and didn't figure out the right way to do it until over 400 jumps. My tatt has a lot of different symbols in it, the closing pin shape is only one small facet of the tattoo, just like it is only one facet of my life.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

We have a dragon in common as well then... I have a sleeping dragon wrapped around my left ankle :)
Post pictures!

At that point we will have a Yin/Yang in common too. Thats on my left shoulder above yet another dragon.

Dont have any decent pics. These flexing shots are about it...
__

My mighty steed

So go home tonight and get some better pics... it's really hard to tell on those!

To OP, sorry for the brief hijack :)

Its only a marginal highjack. We are still on tattoo's. ;)

Really the only skydiving themes that were at all tolerable all were more abstract things usually (like yours) incorporating closing pins. Those are OK because they are much more esoteric. They aren't designed to announce to the whuffo world that the person is a skydiver.

I've seen numerous others that had people in freefall, under canopy, on their bellies, head down, or whatever. Even USPA wings.

Not for me. Haven't liked a single one. They all just look like a billboard to display the fact that you are extra cool by virtue of the fact that you jump out of planes.
__

My mighty steed

They all just look like a billboard to display the fact that you are extra cool by virtue of the fact that you jump out of planes.

You mean I'm not extra cool because I jump out of airplanes? :P

Couldn't say. You might be, but I don't know ya well enough to say for sure :)
Heres the only other pic that has some of my arm and my furry ol pal Benson...
__

My mighty steed

Not for me. Haven't liked a single one. They all just look like a billboard to display the fact that you are extra cool by virtue of the fact that you jump out of planes.

That pretty much eliminates most tattoos. Harley riders, surfers, people who love their mom, people who used to love their wife.

How about getting name, address, and next of kin, then they will always know where to send the body.;)

I have a flaming Chinese dragon wrapped around my arm from elbow to shoulder merging into a flaming phoenix on my chest.

So we have a phoenix in common, but no closing pin :-)

:ph34r::ph34r:
See Chris there is NO ddenying it you are FLAMING I knew you were gay:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?