McBeth

Verizon Cell Phones

My recommendation is to avoid Verizon like the plague.

1. They cripple their phones so the only thing Bluetooth can do is operate a headset. No ability to transfer files in/out of a computer. This is why I left them last year after 5 years of service. Even the guys at the Verizon store where I canceled my service sympathized with me. I went to Sprint and got the same phone (Moto Razr) fully functional.

2. They are now telling the court they have the right to share your records with anyone they damn well please because it is "free speech".
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070507-verizon-says-phone-record-disclosure-is-protected-free-speech.html

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I recently lost mine and am looking at buying a new one. Anyone have recommendations on which is the best Verizon phone out there? And no... switching carriers is not an option.

LOL on the switching carriers, my sister and I and my best friend from college all have Verizon. :D;) I think I know what you mean...

I recently lost mine and am looking at buying a new one. Anyone have recommendations on which is the best Verizon phone out there? And no... switching carriers is not an option.

LOL on the switching carriers, my sister and I and my best friend from college all have Verizon. :D;) I think I know what you mean...
Yup... my mom back home is on Verizon. Can't change now. Maybe in 2 years we can switch together :ph34r:

My recommendation is to avoid Verizon like the plague.

1. They cripple their phones so the only thing Bluetooth can do is operate a headset. No ability to transfer files in/out of a computer. This is why I left them last year after 5 years of service. Even the guys at the Verizon store where I canceled my service sympathized with me. I went to Sprint and got the same phone (Moto Razr) fully functional.

i couldn't stand Verizon's UI and verizon does cripple the phone,s but all you need to do is flash it to a different UI.. i have free web, full BT, pix posting to my own server, among other things on my k1m

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

i couldn't stand Verizon's UI and verizon does cripple the phone,s but all you need to do is flash it to a different UI.. i have free web, full BT, pix posting to my own server, among other things on my k1m

Yes, flashing can be done, but all the flashing apps I've seen expect you to be running WinBloze (I don't), and you risk messing up your phone and/or running afoul of Verizons service agreement. And if you ever need to take in in for repair they will replace your good flash with another broken one.

I'm the customer. Why should I repair a deliberately broken product???
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I LOVE Verizon for a billion reasons...B|

I am actually looking to buy a new phone myself. (Would like one w/ internet capabilities.)

But I tell you. I've had Verizon for-EV-er! And the first time I switched phones was two years ago--they both laughed and aweed at my old phone. Thing is, my old phone's battery would last a week w/out a charger! And it would get service where no other phone would! Obviously, battery & signal have been compromised by smaller phones w/ more features.

I royally miss my old phone with the super-duper, amazing battery! Sure, it was a little big. And sure it received text, but couldn't text back. But what the hell do I care? I live at the beach. I'm always on the beach. Salt water + cell phone = bad news. I don't call anyone ever, except on weekends when I say hello to grandma. Otherwise, you better have e-mail or be calling me a week in advance if you want to hang out. I know who & where my friends are. We hang out all the time; miraculously w/out calling/texting/sending stupid shit to each other all the time.

I could careless about talking to anyone else otherwise.B|

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

you LOST IT? .... :| We have another one if you need it but its not a razor.

Sorry :( Coworker gave me a phone for now, but I'm getting a new one next week. Leaning towards the LG VX8600, but the 8700 is much sexier. Can't justify the extra money on it though.

Per 2., that's Verizon not Verizon Wireless. They're two different companies.

Verizon Communications owns 55% of Verizon Wireless (Vodaphone owns the other 45%).

I don't call anyone ever, except on weekends when I say hello to grandma. Otherwise, you better have e-mail or be calling me a week in advance if you want to hang out. I know who & where my friends are. We hang out all the time; miraculously w/out calling/texting/sending stupid shit to each other all the time.

I could careless about talking to anyone else otherwise.

Oh my gosh! We agree on something!!:P:D

The DZ has always worked fine for me for getting to hanging out with my friends. No need to send a million texts/do a phone tree just to hang out. No need to meet at a particular time-- just go skydiving. It's where the friends are!

Oh, and to not hijack this thread: I've got the LG phone.. I think that's the model. It's a little flip phone, it has worked good for me, and I think it was the cheap phone. It's taken a bunch of abuse too and hasn't broken yet! Just yesterday I accidentally flung it into the street and no chips or anything!

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham