Slappie

What color socks do you have on?

I just got chastised for wearing "boring white socks" with my jeans. They told me "you need to wear happy socks". Then pulled up their jeans and showed me some very "happy socks" :|

So is it ok to wear white ankle socks anymore?

This then prompted a discussion about "black w/blue" and "when can you wear brown with black or blue" As for suits... I wear a very dark blue suit with black shoes & dark blue or black "happy socks".

So what's acceptable?

***edit***

added the S to sock [:/]

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

What kind of shoes are you wearing with your white socks? Sneakers are the only appropriate answer for that.

As for me, I'll be working in bare feet until about October. It's too hot for socks!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

the only rule I have is that dress socks are not to be worn during sports and must be worn when going to church.

I'll also generally wear Black Socks with Black Shoes and Tan Socks with Brown shoes...

but as a guy any sort of "sport" sock is allowed to be worn with jeans assuming you aren't wearing dress shoes...

but I'm a guy with NO fashion sense so what the fuck do I know... I think I'm wearing white socks at the moment though they aren't visible under the blousing of my BDUs...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Then pulled up their jeans and showed me some very "happy socks" :|

Happy socks are cute... on girls.
A man does not wear happy socks.

White socks are for virgins and tennis players.
If you're a virgin, then ok. If you play tennis then it's ok *while you're playing*.

If you're not a virgin and not a girl, then wear black socks.

The best with black-socks-only is that it doesn't matter if you lose one... you can form any pair with any of your 31 all-black-socks!

A small label or dark and small motive on the side of the sock is ok. But then you lose the easy pairing side of it. :(

Actually, the downside of black socks is that it doesn't match well with dark blue trousers.
But since you have black shoes anyway...

That's all for the sock theory, hope this helps :P

Edit: Ooo, the easy pairing theory implies that you do not need to sort them after washing anymore!!!B|
"We call on the common man to rise up in revolt against this evil of typographical ignorance."
http://bancomicsans.com

I don't generally wear shoes or socks unless I am about to get on the plane or about to ride one of our motorcycles or I have to go to town for some reason. It's summer! Tan those feet!

I have my flip-flop tan on my feet!!

Some of us are still required to wear shoes to work. :D

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

This is a hilarious topic coming from you, but to answer your questions, yes. :|

Blues,
Dave

HAHAH Good call Dave! :D:D

I still say socks and Tevas is blaspheme!

What kind of shoes are you wearing with your white socks? Sneakers are the only appropriate answer for that.

As for me, I'll be working in bare feet until about October. It's too hot for socks!

Not tennis shoes but not dress shoes either. I'd call them casual shoes

I am not wearing a sock. :P

Wouldnt pantyhose technically be A sock? :ph34r:

Perhaps, but I haven't worn pantyhose in years.

Hmm, and maybe Slappie should start wearing pantyhose with his jeans. That would be much cooler than white ankle socks. :D

I'd call them casual shoes

Its what the shoe industry call Brown Shoes actually... And... wait for it... wait for it... you should wear brown socks with them. :P:P

Ok so I can't wear white socks with these shoes? I'm so lost.

Ok what about black shoes with a blue suit? Brown shoes with a blue suit? Or brown shoes with a black suit?

C'mon people I'm screaming for some fashion sense! I have none! :D

And... wait for it... wait for it... you should wear brown socks with them.

No you're not, you're supposed to match the hem of your pants. So, his socks should be blue!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'd call them casual shoes

Its what the shoe industry call Brown Shoes actually... And... wait for it... wait for it... you should wear brown socks with them. :P:P

Ok so I can't wear white socks with these shoes? I'm so lost.

I'm currently wearing the same ankle high white socks with my brown Doc Martens that I also wear with my Tevas. I'm a guy, thus getting dressed is simple. White socks are the normal everyday standard. Worrying about all that shit is kinda gay. :D

Did you see this picture? :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

currently barefoot.

Have white ankle socks that I wear most of the time, even with jeans. The jeans are just long enough to cover the socks so what the fuck do I care what other people think?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Ok what about black shoes with a blue suit?

Yes. Then wear blue, or black socks, or, if you want to make a statement, fluo pink.

Brown shoes with a blue suit?

Thats a more fashion forward look. You therefore need cool looking shoes (hint, not those things you have on now lol)

Or brown shoes with a black suit?

No. Unless you wear the fluo pink shoes
Remster

C'mon people I'm screaming for some fashion sense! I have none! :D

Maybe you should have posted this in the Women's Forum then... :D:D

Naw, I knew posting this here it would get the attention of Remi. Since he's French he thinks he's got more fashion sense then the rest of us. I just wanted to pull him outa the closet. :D

Or

I really had no clue white socks with my "brown shoes" was a fashion no no. I always thought I was pretty fashion forward and tried to dress nice. [:/]