okalb

Do you name your canopies?

So I was talking to someone about my new canopy the other day and I mentioned her name. I was laughed at! I was wondering if I was the only idiot that named my canopies. :(

My new Velo is a bad ass evil bitch so her name is Bellatrix. The new one that is being ordered of course will be her sister Narcissa.
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

So I was talking to someone about my new canopy the other day and I mentioned her name. I was laughed at! I was wondering if I was the only idiot that named my canopies. :(

My new Velo is a bad ass evil bitch so her name is Bellatrix. The new one that is being ordered of course will be her sister Narcissa.

No i dont but I do name my Motorbikes.
My current one is Gina, because she's a classicly good looking Italian:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I thought your new canopy would be named "slicey-dicey" after the way it got mutilated by your hook knife!:ph34r:

See, why you gotta be like that. I was just getting over the traumatic experience of seeing my new canopy get sliced up and you had to bring it up again. She is at PD having surgery as we speak. They assure me that she will be good as new.

It sort of came to me:

The Pilot, is "Big Red" (after the delicious chewing gum), the reserve is "The White One" (because it's white), and the Sabre is "Batman" (because of it's batman-colors). Of course, the canopies real names are their serial numbers, but human brains work better with names than numbers.

:D

The rig is called "The Rig" and the cypres is called "The Cypres"

I don't think canopies should have female names, as there's nothing feminine about them.

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

I thought your new canopy would be named "slicey-dicey" after the way it got mutilated by your hook knife!:ph34r:

I heard about that.

That, right there, is enough to make a grown man cry :D

Tell me about it. It was jump number 5 on the canopy. Damn hook knife. I am gonna get a bumper sticker made that says "Hook knives kill (canopies)"

I heard about that.

That, right there, is enough to make a grown man cry :D

Tell me about it. It was jump number 5 on the canopy. Damn hook knife. I am gonna get a bumper sticker made that says "Hook knives kill (canopies)"
For those of us who dont know Oren wanna fill us in?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I was wondering if I was the only idiot that named my canopies. :(

I have this elliptical zero-p PD canopy - I call it "my Stilletto"

I have another one - It's and old Glide Path canopy, around 200 square feet. It has two names "Maverick" and "my CrW canopy".

I have two others I call "Reserve" - also "Swift Plus and the Tempo" - I rarely get them mixed up though.

It's a bit embarassing to admit it.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

[replyFor those of us who dont know Oren wanna fill us in?

You see, wha ha happened wuz. Last weekend, jump number 5 on my new baby after what seemed to be a normal deployment and canopy ride/swoop. My packer went to pack may canopy and discovered a large slice down the top skin of one cell that went right through the tape on the leading edge. There was also a large hole in the topskin of the next cell over. After trying to figure out who mutilated my new baby (salsa john was already in jail) we discovered that the hook knife was missing off my rig. It would appear that it came off my rig during deployment and got caught in the nose, it then proceeded to cut its way out. :(

[replyFor those of us who dont know Oren wanna fill us in?

You see, wha ha happened wuz. Last weekend, jump number 5 on my new baby after what seemed to be a normal deployment and canopy ride/swoop. My packer went to pack may canopy and discovered a large slice down the top skin of one cell that went right through the tape on the leading edge. There was also a large hole in the topskin of the next cell over. After trying to figure out who mutilated my new baby (salsa john was already in jail) we discovered that the hook knife was missing off my rig. It would appear that it came off my rig during deployment and got caught in the nose, it then proceeded to cut its way out. :(
Fuck me a self activating Hook knife,, there $$$$ to be made there Oren :D:D:D
Talk to Vigil they have some experience with premature activation of life saving devices, they may be able to help solve your prematurely activated Hook knife problem:D:D:D:D
Glad you didnt get Broken:)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I was just telling your fellow Sath Efrican, Paul R., about Oren's Big Greek Tragedy. I do believe he shed a tear for his older bruvver and he made the "uuuuhhhhhhaaaaawwww" sound. We've heard that a lot this week! :D

Let me tell you what I heard all Sunday: "My canopy! My new baby!" and "Holy Crap, Randy got stabbed!" All. Day. Long. ;)

edit to add I don't give my canopies names but I do know that they're all girls. Touchy, snotty girls that don't like to behave themselves like all the other girls in their class.

funny you should mention canopy naming. rickster was petting his two girls (pr of velos) yesterday on the packing table getting them prepped for a reline. he said they have been soooooo good to him so he has to treat them equally as nice. it was so cute to watch. :)

mine is called jedei. :P

cya tomorrow.

I was just telling your fellow Sath Efrican, Paul R., about Oren's Big Greek Tragedy. I do believe he shed a tear for his older bruvver and he made the "uuuuhhhhhhaaaaawwww" sound. We've heard that a lot this week! :D

Let me tell you what I heard all Sunday: "My canopy! My new baby!" and "Holy Crap, Randy got stabbed!" All. Day. Long. ;)

edit to add I don't give my canopies names but I do know that they're all girls. Touchy, snotty girls that don't like to behave themselves like all the other girls in their class.

We South Africans don't treat canopy mutilation lightly :D
Performance Designs Factory Team

Sure, when I had canopies...my main was 'Fluffy' because it was a big, puffy fluff-ball that was very gentle. :ph34r:

And the reserve was 'JC', which stood for 'Jesus-Christ!!!' for obvious reasons...:$:ph34r:

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Sure, when I had canopies...my main was 'Fluffy' because it was a big, puffy fluff-ball that was very gentle.

Were you jumping a weather balloon??:P
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"