FlyinDawg

Do you accept for spay, neuter, and ADOPT THE PET?

We just got a new female (Delilah) Yorkshire Terrier for our male (Samson). They're best friends! But they can't breed, they share to much of the same bloodlines. So we've been shopping around to have her spayed. Fucking vets hear Yorky and automatically assume we've got bucks... So the lowest quote so far is $210 !!

Thanks to airtwardo, I'm contacting that site and seeing about making a donation and getting on their list for spaying Delilah.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Thanks to airtwardo, I'm contacting that site and seeing about making a donation and getting on their list for spaying Delilah.

Cool Slappie...I don't know where you live around here...but sometimes our local PetSmart has a similar deal going...but it's 50.00. Let me know, I can watch the local ads for ya.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

We just got a new female (Delilah) Yorkshire Terrier for our male (Samson). They're best friends! But they can't breed, they share to much of the same bloodlines. So we've been shopping around to have her spayed.

In my opinion, the fact that you have a male Yorkie and a female Yorkie would not be sufficient reason to breed, regardless of how often their lines intersect. ;) I get the impression this means your male is still intact too?

Personally, I think people should consider the costs of shots and "alteration" as just a second payment on the purchase price.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

We just got a new female (Delilah) Yorkshire Terrier for our male (Samson). They're best friends! But they can't breed, they share to much of the same bloodlines. So we've been shopping around to have her spayed.

In my opinion, the fact that you have a male Yorkie and a female Yorkie would not be sufficient reason to breed, regardless of how often their lines intersect. ;) I get the impression this means your male is still intact too?

Personally, I think people should consider the costs of shots and "alteration" as just a second payment on the purchase price.

Blues,
Dave

She is being spayed, he is staying intact because the breeder who I got them from would like to use him as a stud. I never wanted to breed them. Even though, I'm not cutting him... :|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

So the lowest quote so far is $210 !!

I can spend that in one night out.

That's a lot of money to me. Sorry I don't measure up. :|

I tried to adopt a pet from the local animal shelter but was denied. Since I live more than 30min away from home and wouldn't be able to check on the pet during lunch break they told me to pack sand. I thought it was the most idiotic reasoning ever. :S

Regardless of the local idiots, I do agree with the spay, neuter, and adoption.

So far, this is the oldest I've ever been.

I recently adopted a kitten from Petsmart under the explicit agreement w/that particuliar rescue agency that I would have her spayed w/in 30 days of adoption...and I had no problem w/that.

There are too many animals w/out homes that end up starving to death, are put in "shelters" that will euthanize them if they can't be adopted out w/in a certain time period (my kitty's situation), or dumped by the side of the road. :(

These dumped animals end up being mistreated because they are "strays", which to some sick minds means they don't belong to anyone and, therefore, have no value and can be used as target practice for their new guns or bows, used in dog fights, or set on fire if the mood strikes...you see it on the Animal cop shows all the time. My mind can't comprehend these types of brutality. [:/]:(>:(

Adopt and neuter/spay!B|

"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

As for adoption versus purchase. I'm not opposed to adoption, but have gone for purebreds with my last two dogs and will with my next as well. I want a dog with specific traits and am willing to handle some trade-offs better than others. I do not want a dog with a high prey drive. I do not want a dog that's excessively vocal. I do want a dog that's somewhat protective, but not overly so. I do want a dog that plays well with children and other animals. Tractability is nice, but I'll take a little obstinance if it comes with intelligence...I'm stubborn too, and assertive, and exceedingly patient. I don't care whether a dog has good tracking ability. I'm not a fan of long hair. I don't want a digger.

I really lucked out with Karma... She's not perfect but... She has a lot of the traits that I would want in a dog.

She can be Obstinate (but that's partly due to the fact that she is very bright)... she also doesn't bark a whole lot... (mostly in during guarding behavior) and I've taught her to cease (more or less)

I probably couldn't end up as lucky as I was with Karma if I was to adopt another "Accidental" puppy... but karma was definitely on our side when I picked her out... :)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Fuck no!

If us humans where kept as pets from our alien overlords, and could run around naked fucking eachother in the open, would you like it if the alien just came in one day and cut your balls off?:D

And just how many people would be put to sleep because they arnt cute anymore or xmas is over etc etc ?

Think of it as our abortions. :D

At any rate, I vote yay on spay, neuter, and adopt! We have an adopted dog. :)

We are about to adopt a pedigree Maine Coon kitten. Pet quality. There are specific rules in the buyers contract that states we have to have her spayed, not that I wanted to breed her anyway.

Some breeders have them spayed/neutered before you can adopt them. The breeder we're getting our baby from won't do that, as she claims it can cause health problems for her down the road.

As soon as I prove I have had her spayed, she'll send the papers in and refund $75 of our purchase price. :)

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

I once adopted a my dog 3 years ago.

Curious, was it "fixed" when you got it or did you have to do it?

No I don't have to DO IT. I decide to adopt a pet. You know new owner have right to know about previous owner as what happened to pet such as abusive, abandon, and etc. I found out after I adopted my dog. I always ask what happen to previous owner.
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."