pwln

New Kid = No more jumping?

I was forwarded this email a few days ago from babycenter.com
http://www.babycenter.com/mybabycenter/1320.html
Interests you once shared with certain people — skydiving, nightclubbing, shopping for shoes 'til you dropped — may no longer mesh with your new lifestyle.

I apparently missed something, I've still been jumping and my 3 month old likes being outside, she doesn't care.

Operative words are ". . . may no longer mesh with your new lifestyle."

For a number of people the financial burden alone would be enough to tip the scales.

Them babies cost cash money!
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I still skydive, just not as much as I used to before my girl entered my world.

It's all about priorities. Got a little money left over and some time to burn, go out and jump. :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Well, maybe I did it all wrong then. I started skydiving 5 years before I had kids and then when the 4 kids came along I took them out to the DZ with me and they pretty much grew up thinking skydiving was a normal way of life.

I really feel that you must still try to maintain the things you love in your life even when you have kids. You must make your children adapt to your life not the other way around. Be the adult! Don't let the kids dictate what you do! When I needed to go shopping, they came with me. When I needed to see people they came with me. They learned to behave in different situations at different times and get along. Isn't that the goal?

There is nothing wrong with skydiving when you have children. There is nothing wrong with bowling, hiking, camping, fishing, white water rafting..... Just because you have kids doesn't mean you have to give up on things you like to do. It's not as easy at times but most things that are worth it require a price anyway. A little extra work maybe but it can be done.

I think that is just a crap article. :P

I started jumping after both of my kids were born. However if I am strapped for cash they come first. It is all about priorites. Hence the reason I only have 33 jumps logged. I choose to be a father before I am a skydiver.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Operative words are ". . . may no longer mesh with your new lifestyle."

For a number of people the financial burden alone would be enough to tip the scales.

Them babies cost cash money!

Of course they cost you, but as a skydiver aren't you used to being broke anyway? I say fuck it, keep the kid with you at the DZ at all times. Just make sure you don't let a rigger or a whuffo get their hands on the little meatwad, and spread your knowledge of the sport the moment the kid's old enough to jump off a swingset and twist an ankle.

But that's only the opinion of another speck of dust on this great dirtpit we call Earth. Do what you wish. That's why I'm glad I may never have kids. Don't have to worry about shit like that. ;)
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

What I've witnessed with a lot of new skydiving mothers is that the maternal instinct kicks in, and the "what if's" start. I think most like the idea of being around to watch their child grow as opposed to a possible alternative.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Ben,

Like others have said there's nothing that says you "must" stop skydiving just because you've had kids...

But you should probably stop trying to sell her to other skydivers for jump tickets... ;):P

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

But you should probably stop trying to sell her to other skydivers for jump tickets... ;):P

Dose this work? How many tickets can you get for one? I have one coming in July so this info could come in handy;)
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

Dose this work? How many tickets can you get for one? I have one coming in July so this info could come in handy;)Hasn't worked so far... much to his wife chagrin... :D though his daughter is not very difficult to work with... she is a very quiet cute little one...

So far he's only asked for at the most $22 (which is the cost of a jump ticket at the local dzs) :D:D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Dose this work? How many tickets can you get for one? I have one coming in July so this info could come in handy;)

That's short sighted-never give up your future packer
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

I think she is worth more now, being bigger and all.
I DO call her my little parachute packer.

I guess the wife will be hanging out at the DZ with me more from now on. It is great so far, Ava is happy as long as she is outside or around people.

Cutie... When I finished AFF one of the people going through his Tandem course had a little baby. He even worked at the DZ in NY for a season. I believe he has since moved on to San Diego
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Well, maybe I did it all wrong then. I started skydiving 5 years before I had kids and then when the 4 kids came along I took them out to the DZ with me and they pretty much grew up thinking skydiving was a normal way of life.

I really feel that you must still try to maintain the things you love in your life even when you have kids. You must make your children adapt to your life not the other way around. Be the adult! Don't let the kids dictate what you do! When I needed to go shopping, they came with me. When I needed to see people they came with me. They learned to behave in different situations at different times and get along. Isn't that the goal?

There is nothing wrong with skydiving when you have children. There is nothing wrong with bowling, hiking, camping, fishing, white water rafting..... Just because you have kids doesn't mean you have to give up on things you like to do. It's not as easy at times but most things that are worth it require a price anyway. A little extra work maybe but it can be done.

I think that is just a crap article. :P

Awesome reply, V!

I printed your reply, and showed to the whuffo-wife; no pink for ten days, really!

I hope that commute to Shelton isn't too difficult on you and John. Gott'a say it again, awesome reply! -Richard

Awesome reply, V!

I printed your reply, and showed to the whuffo-wife; no pink for ten days, really!

I hope that commute to Shelton isn't too difficult on you and John. Gott'a say it again, awesome reply! -Richard

Thanks Richard! Sorry about the pink problem. Yikes! The commute to Shelton sucks I must say but a lot of people travel further in order to skydive and the place they have out there now is awesome, so it's worth it.