sinjin

changing pilot chute pull device - i want a hackey dammit

ok,, i want to change the pilot chute handle from one of those stupid round orange plastic handles to a hackey,, how much is that going to cost and how involved is the change.. will this work on all rigs ??? where do i get one
dont let life pass you by

Ask for a monkey fist.

Can I ask why? I've got one allready, but was considering asking a rigger to change it for one of those stupid round orange plastic handles - I've heard they are the lowest profile of all the options.
but what do I know

I LOVE MY MONKEY FIST!!!!
IT FUCKIN ROCKS.I have absolutely no problem finding my handle and getting a good grip on it at pull time. I hated those orange things. It always took me a second to find it, and I never felt like I had a good enough grip on it for a good throw.

I jumped a rig with a hackey on it for about 20 ish jumps as well. I liked that too, but the monkey fist is better in my opinion.

i have used both in my aff jumps and i hate the plastic handle, i cant find it as easily and cant grab it cleanly. the hackey is much easier to hold and toss.. i have not tried the monkey fist yet.. thanks for the replys all,, and clear skies
dont let life pass you by

ok,, i want to change the pilot chute handle from one of those stupid round orange plastic handles to a hackey,, how much is that going to cost and how involved is the change.. will this work on all rigs ??? where do i get one

i prefer the PVC tube, it is cheaper and safer (lighter) than a hackey - if I was a free flyer I would probably not have either...

rm

If, that's what you want, why not? It's not a real chore to swap-out the PVC for a hackey. I've swapped-out a bunch of them. I ordered hackey handles from The Sunshine Factory. You can request a choice of 2-colors, if you'd like or just one color. Any rigger, should be able to do the job. When I first started jumping, the pilotchute handle on my 'used' Classiflier h-c was a Wiffle golf ball!:D

Chuck

I've heard they are the lowest profile of all the options.

nah the freefly hanle is the best and depending on what container and handle they are the safest too.(if they can tuck into the bridle protection)

and they look the coolest! hackys tend to stretch the elastic at the opening of the boc. or they flap around.

and yeah i want to kick them too!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix