grue

If baseball was always like this, it might be worth watching *VID*

My favorite involved a press conference in 1983 by Lee Elia - manager of the Chicago Cubs. Note that they didn't play night baseball back then - only day baseball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv23pqH9iG0

"For the f*ckin' nickel-dime people who turn up? The motherf*ckers don't even work. That's why they're out at the f*ckin' game. They oughta go out and get a f*ckin' job and find out what it's like to go out and earn a f*ckin' living. Eighty-five percent of the f*ckin' world is working. The other fifteen percent come out here. A f*ckin' playground for the cocks*ckers."

My wife is hotter than your wife.

My favorite involved a press conference in 1983 by Lee Elia - manager of the Chicago Cubs. Note that they didn't play night baseball back then - only day baseball."

Major league night baseball started in 1935.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

My favorite involved a press conference in 1983 by Lee Elia - manager of the Chicago Cubs. Note that they didn't play night baseball back then - only day baseball."

Major league night baseball started in 1935.

He was referring to the Chicago Cubs only. They didn't have lights installed until what, late 80's or early 90's? I can't remember, but Wrigley Field was the last major league ballpark to have lights installed for night games.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Earl Weaver during the pre-game meeting with the opposing manager and home plate ump: "Well, are you gonna actually do your job tonight?
Home plate ump Ron Lucciano: "Earl, your never gonna find out."

That's good!!! :D Some of the managers, are a show in 'themselves'.:D You would think that by now, they would realize, the ump has the last word.:S

Chuck