bigway

Tony just killed AJ!!...Soprano's finale.....

I can't believe no one has mentioned it yet. Phils getting whacked was a given but as soon as I saw the car move I knew there had to be a head squashing scene. Tell me THAT wasn't a peak in the show. Ambiguous/shitty ending depending on how you look at it, but they left themselves multiple outs for bringing it back or a variety of spin offs if they decide to keep pumping it.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Ah well, I look forward to watching 'The Black Donelleys"... Oh thats right, they cancelled that too right when dockey shot the mother to bits.
:|

Maybe you should have sent the network twenty-five tons of nuts, like the fans of Jericho did. ;)
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

The scene of the car rolling over Phil's head, was typical Sopranos. The guys in the background puking put the 'icing' in the scene. Yeah, the show leaves it wide open for...

Chuck

I actually found the reaction from those around to see head get squished as odd. I don't know why, just didn't feel like it fit.

I get what Chase was doing. He was not giving a clean ending, he was not going to wrap all all lose ends. The idea of the show was life in the mob and it doesn't just stop when the show finale ends. However, I feel it was a piss poor finale all around. So much wasted time on story lines I just didn't fucking care about. The cat? Tony going back to Uncle Junior? Meadow parking the car? The car on fire? Joining the army (including the 3 second shot of Tony telling her in the tub that AJ wanted to enlist - wtf was that?). I really could have done without all those story lines.

The major stuff was the fluff tonight. One of Tony's guys going snitch, the meeting of the two families in the neutral location, Tony lapsing back to where he was in Season One in front of AJ's shrink, the story line with the FBI guy, etc.

I didn't need the final scene in the diner either. I get it. I get that this is their life and that it could happen at any time. I've had 7 years of watching that. It was a cheap ending and I expected something better. I guess you could even go so far to surmise that Tony IS dead and the last thing he saw was Meadow walking in the door (Bobby: Do you think you see it coming?). I even saw someone say that it was the viewer that got 'whacked.' in the final moment. Well, guess we have a few months before the DVD is out to see the optional endings that Chase filmed.

I actually found the reaction from those around to see head get squished as odd. I don't know why, just didn't feel like it fit.

That is a very common reaction.... many people do that the first time they see something like that....[:/]

That is a very common reaction.... many people do that the first time they see something like that....[:/]

I realize that. What I'm saying is that it didn't feel like it helped the story at all.

We were watching anyone and everyone. Who was gonna whack Tony? We kept waiting for that. I think, we were all waiting to see 'when' Pauly was gonna get it. I think, Tony considered it but, to keep Pauly on his side, he offered a better opportunity in the 'family'. All the little 'undercurrent' stories just kept us thrown-off. Tony saying good-bye to his uncle was like saying good-by to yesterday. There was something new coming. Tony's old 'shrink' cut him loose. He was dependant so, he turned to his son's shrink. (Did you notice the legs on the new shrink? His other shrink would wear skirts to drive Tony nuts during filming. Sometimes, she'd wear slacks to 'mess' with him.) I just saw where it was all, just the start of something. Something we may never see.
All in all, I found the 'finale', quite interesting and thought provoking.

Chuck

you gotta watch the end of the episode again and watch closely...

here is what you will see..

when tony walks into the diner he looks at himself sitting down at the table...you can be sure of this b/c he is wearing different clothes when he sits down...i dont know wtf that means...

in previous seasons it had been told to us that tony's dad died just as his daughter janice walked in...if you watch closely you will see janice walk in shortly after tony sits down...this is used to signify the possibility of that happening again...then you will see the sports store owner who tony destroyed walk in wearing a brown kinda hunting jacket...he is the guy that a couple seasons ago got into gambling trouble with tony and tony took over his store...

HE IS THE 1 WHO WACKS TONY...

he comes in and sits down hunched over...hiding his
eyes as not wanting to be noticed...and alas..."u probably dont even hear it when it happens right?" (this is bobby talking to tony in the 1st episode of the season...tony had this flashback as he was laying
down in the last episode...there would be no reason to have had that in unless it had some huge significance)...

and finally...tonys daughter walking in to see her dad get shot just as janice did so many years ago...you hear the bell of her walking in and then blackness...nothing...it signifies the neverending cycle of the soprano family...aj will become tony...meadow will become janice...carmela will become livia (tonys mom)...and cycle of violence goes on and on and on....absolutlely amazing...i HATED the ending at first...but when i watched it again...and understood it...it is really the most amazing ending possible for the show...we really would not have been satisfied with the boring “you see tony get shot” ending...this was priceless...remember..this was not an action show...it was a drama about a FAMILY

Tony IS DEAD and WAS CLIPPED by someone. We the audience have always seen the episodes from Tony's point of view, and the blackened silence is what Tony sees and hears when he finally gets clipped. Remember the conversation with Bobby at the lake? "I wonder if you hear the one that gets you" - the final episode answers that question. That is why they flashed back to it at the end of last weeks episode. He never heard the one that killed him.
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

your theory is quite possibly what David Chase had in mind, but it's probably appropriate to credit the Courier-Post from where this theory came, which Hollywood Insider is now saying may have originated with a cast member.

when tony walks into the diner he looks at himself sitting down at the table...you can be sure of this b/c he is wearing different clothes when he sits down...i dont know wtf that means...

Except for the part where you're wrong. It's a quick edit of him looking at an empty table, then a shot of him sitting down. Shirt is gray, with different colored sleeves that you don't see when he has his jacket on when he's standing up.

I've frame-by-framed it. He wasn't shot, he wasn't looking at himself, no one in that entire scene sans family has ever been in The Sopranos before.

Sorry. :)

Except for the part where you're wrong. It's a quick edit of him looking at an empty table, then a shot of him sitting down. Shirt is gray, with different colored sleeves that you don't see when he has his jacket on when he's standing up.

I've frame-by-framed it. He wasn't shot, he wasn't looking at himself, no one in that entire scene sans family has ever been in The Sopranos before.

I tend to agree. What I saw, as I said earlier, was quite thought provoking. I think, Chase got from viewers just what he wanted... draw your own conclusion. The last episode, was definately a grabber! Not too long from now, the dvd's will be out with all the 'alternative' endings and all the Soprano folks will make even more money!:D

Chuck

Sorry Agent Lead but Peter is correct here. It is all over the boards on tv.com but has been proven wrong.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I think i figured it out!!

Okay bobby and tony saying 'do you see it coming'?

Well the answer is NO! We the viewer who were watching the family have their dinner were killed.

They did not kill a soprano, they killed the viewer. We sure as hell did not see it coming.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I even saw someone say that it was the viewer that got 'whacked.'

the more i think about it, the more sense this makes. we got clipped and we didn't even see it or hear it.

I'd like to think it was that childhood game where you did things to your friend and yelled 'PSYCHE!!! We all got psyched and I think its great! I thought the satellite failed, I wanted to yell 'WTF' at the tv but I just sat and waited. I felt it was an appropriate ending.

My theory is that Paulie was going to 'get it' (boy did he get it!) and Tony would be stuck being Tony. No, we don't see or hear the one that gets us because that is how life happens. You're here one minute and gone the next.

When Meadow couldn't park her car I got excited thinking OMG..this is going to save her life, everyone else at the table will be shot. Nope. And I loved it.

AJ DOES become Tony in a way. He's now making movies for the mob and no longer caring about the world at large.I don't think Tony's time with Uncle Junior meant that he was saying goodbye to anything but the money and madness; he seemed to be afraid he was going to end up like that. Tony Bogarts AJ's shrink (did you SEE Carm's face when he did that? :D ) Meadow goes into law (civil rights? she'll be messing with the mob on the first case) and with Tony coming up on indictment charges, whenever she passes the bar she'll be dealing with her family's mess.

So with all that 'could' have happened (just like it is in life) I'll like that we got 'psyched' and there is no palpable ending. OH! One of my GF's told me (I only saw the last 2 seasons) that it was Paulies (or Phil's?) 'mentally challenged' nephew that came in and sat at the counter...anyone know about that?

:DPaulie got shot AND run over by his own car...grroooooossss :D:D~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!