piisfish

Where to find such a helmet ?

I'm only guessing here, but I think that's simply a motorcycle helmet. That dark upper trim may not be the visor, but probably just paint/trim along the top edge of a tinted lens.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Try any of the paragliding web sites as thats who their market is. That model is made by Icaro and is called the 4flight. Besides looking cool, that helmet really isn't the best idea to use in a skydiving environment.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Rigid wings are a form of high perfomance hang glider, they use a carbon spar and leading edge that are independent of support wires that you find on traditional hangliders. The lower cables you see on the rigid wings are actually used to activate spoilerons to turn, as opposed to weight shift used on hang gliders. Rigid wings are much higher perfomance in speed range and glide ratio compared to flexis. They are also twice as expensive!

That's a very nice picture. You want the helmet for downhill longboard?

It's not for me, for a friend. But that was the idea...

The reason I asked here is that DZ.com is the bestest search engine on the web. It's one of those engines with human thinking :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Downhill long boarding is really really sickB|. A lot of times I go faster than I can run and I'm getting the speed wobble + concrete hug combo:P. I'm usually using gear that adds more drag so I will not go that fast. Your friend must be very good if he wants to decrease the drag!!!!!!

Downhill street luge, for me, it's a lot more stable but belly street luge iz the shkit, is just like tracking:P Concrete tracking that is.:)

I've found out that tracking turns are a lot like concrete tracking turns.

All the longboard lovers needs to check this shkit http://www.yvonvite.ch/

Cheers guys,
Jean-Arthur Deda.

Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

NIce.
The hemet I use for Speed is just the A-3 but, I never really looked into what the French fellow wears that is in appearance similar to what you showed us here. (Although the top "Official Record" speeds are with A-3 & Z-1's so far)
I've only experienced 1 face shield "blow-in" so far. the shape of this helmet/face shield may prove well if mastered, as it will work as controlling/catching air direction, etc.
My gear as been forgiving with my experience level compared to those high up in the ISSA.

attachment too big but you'll see what I mean, 2nd pic from top

Very familiar with that whole series of photos. The individual, whos name eludes me right now, sent in several of those shots to Birdman about 3-4 years ago. The pointy end of the helmet is a serious safety concern as it rides very close to the reserve pack tray and pop top. From an aerodynamic standpoint, wind tunnel tests of helmets of that design have proven that they actually create more drag if the head isn't in the 1 very specific position required for an aerodynamic profile. Most of those tests were conducted on bike riders in wind tunnels. While they were popular for a while, time trial helmets as they are called, are not seen as much as they once used to be for this reason and for safety reasons as they proved to provide poor protection to the rider. From a skydiving perspective and the head position needed in a wingsuit for maximum performance ,it would put the pointy end upright into the air, thus creating drag (same problem found with cycling).

But if your not concerned with performance or the potential safety issue and want to look cool, then that helmet fits the bill.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

But if your not concerned with performance or the potential safety issue and want to look cool, then that helmet fits the bill.

hey, the cool factor is super important :P

I wouldnt want any pointy stuff on my reserve.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM