Butters

New Container - Delay

I'd be mad. One 3 week delay is annoying, but i could handle that. Having a 2nd delay is a bit ridiculous. It totally sucks that vendors can get away with such crapass service, but it's always been this way. :S

Hello nice lady:)
Sort of:o Some larger dealers used to buy "production numbers" to cut down the on wait time for their customers.

OTOH Some dealers are at the mercy of the vendors or get "confused" on delivery times.

During the slow season some venders used to make stock color containers and then make the harness's as orders came in.

We had to wait a couple of month's for our para commander that the dealeer told us he had in stock>:(

I would like to know why Sunpath's work week consists of 4 days. I can understand closing on the weekend but why close on Friday as well? If they added a few more production shifts then our waiting time would not be so excruciating. I too am waiting for a new Javelin Odyssey that I hoped to have in June. They will be closed the week of July 2'nd so that will probably add a week to delivery times as well :(

I would have bought a used rig, then I could jump it right away and not have to wait or rent while a new rig is getting built or delayed.

I don't want to even go a week without gear, so if I can afford it, I'll always have at least one full rig before buying a new piece of gear, and then sell the old stuff once I feel like it and I'm jumping with the new stuff.

I know that at velocity sports they had a 4 day work week and put in 10 hour days.. maybe sunpath does something similar.

Personally, I'm not at all surprised that a skydiving related company only has a 4 day work week. More time for skydiving! Not to mention that probably a substantial percent of employees of gear manufacturers also work at DZs.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

If I had been told an accurate completion date I would have purchased a used rig (or a Wings). However, I was given an inaccurate completion date.

I recieved a response from Sunpath. First, the 12-14 weeks did not start when the fax was sent. The 12-14 weeks started when the fax was placed into the production system (which was 1 week after the fax was sent). Second, there was only 1 delay (the first completion date I received was not accurate because it did not include the 1 week that was spent placing the fax in the production system and 1 week that was added to the 14 weeks). It will have taken 18 - 19 weeks (disregarding the 1 week to place the fax into the production system) to complete the container.

Although they were polite and helpful, I am disappointed for multiple reasons in the customer service.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

I would like to know why Sunpath's work week consists of 4 days. I can understand closing on the weekend but why close on Friday as well?

Well it's quite simple and many companies do the same. Working a 40 hours week over 5 days is 8 hour days, correct? Well what's a 4 day week? It's 10 hour days. They are still working the same amount of time in a given week.

I find it funny that this thread even exists. I quick search of Javelin on the forums brings up numerous topics and horror stories of late arrivals, delays, miltary orders pushing civilan orders back...it should be expected. It's not fair, or fun, but with Sunpath it seems the norm. I've only been in the sport 2.5 years and that's been the standard.

This thread exists to add another complaint to all the other complaints in regards to customer service (and everything it entails). As a customer this is the most that I can do.

PS: I understand 4 days @ 10 hours per day vs. 5 days @ 8 hours per day. I am interested in whether they are working overtime (they have been behind schedule all summer).

Listen, I'm sorry your container is past it's arrival date. Really, I can imagine how upsetting it is...BUT had you done a little checking you would have seen this is a very common problem with Sunpath. I've only been in the game 2.5 years and knew that (and saw it) from the get go. Did you know this prior to ordering? If so, then why did you order a Javelin? What makes it so special to make you wait that long, and deal with the possiblities of delays?

Side note, regarding the 4 days @ 10 hours..I wasnt replying to you as my original post indicated.

Regards to overtime...call them and tell them to work overtime and the price your paying will go up even more I'd assume.

Did you know this prior to ordering?

No. I was told 12-14 weeks. If I had been told 18-20 weeks (they knew they were behind schedule) I would have purchased a used rig to use (instead of renting) or a Wings.

I was told 12-14 weeks. If I had been told 18-20 weeks

Yes I read what you were "told", but did you educate yourself on the product and manufacturer prior to ordering? Like I said a simple search yields plenty of stories, experiences and facts about delays and Jav's. That's all I'm saying. Again I'm sorry about the delay your encountering. In the end you will be pleased with your container, it's just taking longer than anticipated.

This conversation has run its course. Good luck, I hope it comes in soon.

I would have purchased a used rig to use (instead of renting) or a Wings.

Demand a Full Refund and do just that. If they promised you a Rig by a certain date and they failed to meet that obligation, they have breached your agreement and you should be entitled to a refund to any deposits made.

Don’t accept poor service. Take your business elsewhere.

The only way that companies will start being honest about delivery dates is to make sure they know it will cost them Money/Customers if they don’t meet thier obligations.