sunshine

Text Messaging

If I'm dating someone, I make them a priority - I'd call them. But there's also something fun about a "Hi, thinking about you" text in the middle of the day.

Someone shot video last week of me sending email on my berry on the ride up to altitude... I'll see if I can find it. :)

Mos tof the time I can't call people in the middle of the day because of my job, but I can text as I walk around all day.

Most of my friends are on Verizon, and I know who isn't, so I watch my texts to them.

I have 1500 out of network texts and 450 anytime with VZW, minus a 20% work discount.

Last month I think in total I sent/received 4000+ texts.

I just think that men text women too damn much. I mean really, I know why some do, they're just way too busy to do anything else but I don't think that is the case with many men. (This is NOT directed at Peter or anyone on here, FTR!)
I just think for some men it's a cop out. They need to just pick up the damn phone. A voice is personal, I want my friends to be personal. My last boyfriend texted me all the freaking time and while that's sweet when it's a sexy one during work or something, I was like... damn... can't we just TALK if we can't really see each other? [:/] My view wasn't improved when I got a text referring me to a long breakup email when it was over. I think it shows lack of care and laziness in a relationship... unless your SO is just exactly the same way you are and has a crackkberry too...

I guess I am old fashioned and feel it's an indication of whether a guy just likes me or really likes me. B|

Texting helps promote the illusion, for those who really have little to say, that they are communicating with people. I think it's kinda sad.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

I like to used text messaging if I want to organize a group to go to the movies or dinner and such.

I agree with others... calling someone and talking to them is much more personal... just as long as you understand that if I leave a message its likely to be completely incoherent (though I try to hit all the necessary points...) because of this I tend to shy away from telephone calls. As I've gotten older I have gotten better at calling people though I still could do better.

And fwiw... I like calling my GF... ;) speaking to her makes me happy... especially since I can't see her all the time... :)
we do communicate via email as well though... and come to think of it IM... :D:P

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Texting helps promote the illusion, for those who really have little to say, that they are communicating with people. I think it's kinda sad.

Contrary to popular belief, you don't need to be flapping your jowels all the time to have something important to say.

If I send someone a text asking their schedule tonight and they reply that they can be somewhere at 6:00 and can only stay an hour or so, we have said what we needed to without having to take time out of a busy day to put small talk bread on either side of the communication sandwhich. The communication was not illusory; we said what we needed to without a bunch of BS on either side of it. I often times like that facet of texting. It's quick and to the point so the signal isn't lost in the noise.

Edit: Oh yeah, it also allows me to listen and reply on my schedule which may not allow me to dedicate immediate and consecutive minutes to a relatively meaningless topic.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I just think that men text women too damn much. I mean really, I know why some do, they're just way too busy to do anything else but I don't think that is the case with many men. (This is NOT directed at Peter or anyone on here, FTR!)
I just think for some men it's a cop out. They need to just pick up the damn phone. A voice is personal, I want my friends to be personal. My last boyfriend texted me all the freaking time and while that's sweet when it's a sexy one during work or something, I was like... damn... can't we just TALK if we can't really see each other? [:/] My view wasn't improved when I got a text referring me to a long breakup email when it was over. I think it shows lack of care and laziness in a relationship... unless your SO is just exactly the same way you are and has a crackkberry too...

I guess I am old fashioned and feel it's an indication of whether a guy just likes me or really likes me. B|

I like to text people cause sometimes you just don't want a 10 second answer to turn into a 20minute conversation. Plus...it is fun ...:D I think I will send one right now.....:D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I like to text people cause sometimes you just don't want a 10 second answer to turn into a 20minute conversation. Plus...it is fun ...:D I think I will send one right now.....:D

Yeah, it's so much easier to text for a booty call then to call and ask. :o Hmmm... That gives me an idea...

:D

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

If I send someone a text asking their schedule tonight and they reply that they can be somewhere at 6:00 and can only stay an hour or so, we have said what we needed to without having to take time out of a busy day to put small talk bread on either side of the communication sandwhich. The communication was not illusory; we said what we needed to without a bunch of BS on either side of it. I often times like that facet of texting. It's quick and to the point so the signal isn't lost in the noise.

Edit: Oh yeah, it also allows me to listen and reply on my schedule which may not allow me to dedicate immediate and consecutive minutes to a relatively meaningless topic.

Blues,
Dave

Agreed. It is useful ...perhaps 3-4 times a week.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

umm... yeah i would rather talk on the phone.... i used to pay per text but then i met a couple of chicks that like to text all the freakin time... so i upgraded, and upgraded again, and again until i finally got unlimited....

..... it's so funny sometimes though cuz this certain female i know often goes on her "i'm not talking to you" little rampages cuz she gets pissed off, but she'll still text me and read my texts...... weird chicks

Anytime/Daytime Minutes (rollover) 450 (~4700 minutes stored)
Night & Weekend Minutes 5000
Mobile to Mobile Unlimited (AT&T only)

I got the cheapest rollover plan ($40/month), because I was *damned* if I was going to just "lose" those minutes every month. I can add "Unlimited Messaging" for $20 - I'd just as soon have the person call me, to be honest...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706