Icon134

How much of your life can you recall?

and what is it like when you go back and think about it?

given the right cues I can usually go back and visuallize locations, people, (sometimes smells), though not usually voices, from most of my adult life.

everything from mundain things like playing around in my parents backyard to crossing the finishline from my 1st (and so far only) marathon back in 2003, I got a finishing metal from a 3 Star General and shook his hand...

but my mental visual images/videos are almost alway dark as if what I was doing occured at night... and if I think about something enough I can recall more about it...

I'm curious how other people recall their lives... if you can verbalize it... :$
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I remember a few things from when my father was in the military... Small memories like living in Portugal and having a Portugese man save me from a charging bull, to the goat outside the door that would buck me if I tried to go outside, to the girl across the street that stole my Barbie clothes... Then, I remember the trip flying home to the US and puking in the seat... Hmmm... Seems like I remember all the traumatic things in my younger life... :S

I've been building happier memories in my adult life that I'll probably remember quite a few years from now. There's skiing on my 30th birthday, swimming with the manatees, and jumping out of airplanes. :)

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

I can remember pretty much everything since I was 4 ... places, people, names, clothes, musics, foods...
I might not remember what I had for lunch yesterday, but I'm damn sure about what I was doing 20 yrs ago :P

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
PMS#551
I love my life :)

Ironically, I have an exceptional memory of my life. I remember the good, the bad and the ugly.:P I can remember some of the most obscure things. The only time period that is somewhat sketchy is the past 4 years.

Chris

Although my memory used to be much better, it's still very good; most things I can visualize and quite literely take myself back to-like my first plane ride from Poland to the United States when was 4. I remember many things from my childhood. Wow, that's actually really cool. I'm pretty good at recalling events and whatnot, however am terrble with names (at first) once someone repeats 2, maybe 3 times I remember with no problem. Things that I don't "see" I can recall having happened and some details in regards to that particular expierence. Like everyone else's memory, mine opperates best off of cues.

You should read a book, The Mind's Eye is the tittle I believe
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

most of the last 16 years are pretty clear, but before i got clean, i have very limited recall of most of the preceeding 27 years:(
Even as a kid, i can remember a few things that hapened but i can not put them in chronological order:|

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Ironically and oddly enough I can remember being breast fed...

We only lived in Ohio for a short period of time and I could describe the room and house to my parents. I remember waking up and standing in my crib and having my mom come into the room and then us sitting in the rocking chair...

I'm sure someday I'll pay a therapist a good sum of money for the nightmares, but that's my earliest memory and I remember a pretty good chunk of stuff from there to about my 21st bday. The rest is just a blurr
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

You mean the 1870's? :P

I think he mean the 70's most people refer to it as the year 70 A.D. and so on.

I can remember every lots of details my life, but usually its the exact opposite of my girlfriends memory.

Not sure how tha works
My photos

My Videos

Hmm...thinking about my life. Haven't done that in a while.

Where should I start? Childhood seems appropriate, lots of good memories there, I'm sure.

Summer...it had to have been a summer day. It was warm, there was a picnic...by the river. Not very many people present. Some family...a few friends of the family.

At some point everyone wanted to take a boat ride. I didn't want to go, I was afraid of the water. There was a bit of taunting from a few, but someone was nice enough to stay behind with me. A friend of my Mother's...he was either kind enough to lie about also being afraid of the water or he actually was not very comfortable with boating. Either way he stayed to keep me company.

As the boat began to drift away and grow smaller the kind stranger turned to me and...:|

Something about the rest of them not understanding...:|

Explaining that it was hot and that it would be much more comfortable with less cl....:o

Fuck.

Great! Another fuckin' therapy stint...like I needed that!

Thanks for sparkin' the ol' memories.....You Ass!

FallRate