BillyVance

Has freeflir29 been banned?

how can you be sure he just doesn't get another username? I've been watching one here that has a third, and had been asked to leave from it's other two names.

The mods can ban IP addresses too IIRC. It would force the users to get a different computer but that wouldn't stop the most determined user.

Different ISP, perhaps, not a different computer.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

how can you be sure he just doesn't get another username? I've been watching one here that has a third, and had been asked to leave from it's other two names.

The mods can ban IP addresses too IIRC. It would force the users to get a different computer but that wouldn't stop the most determined user.

Different ISP, perhaps, not a different computer.

What about the I.C.U.P.?
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I doubt he'll be back under an alias. He's over at Sonic Beef now. Clay doesn't strike me as the type who would scheme his way back here after being permanently banned.

I had dinner with him last night, I got the impression he has not been on here in a LONG LONG time..

he is too busy.

IP can be changed easily, now the MAC address is another story, unless you change the NIC

That all depends on who your ISP is. Most of the time DHCP needs to be used, and sure you can get a new IP,but it will be from the same bank of numbers, and very quickly you can be found out by mods ;)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

IP can be changed easily, now the MAC address is another story, unless you change the NIC

That all depends on who your ISP is. Most of the time DHCP needs to be used, and sure you can get a new IP,but it will be from the same bank of numbers, and very quickly you can be found out by mods ;)

Very true - which is why IP range bans work (at the detriment of others using the same IP range, of course)... until the person changes providers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but using DHCP is usually indicative of a dynamic vice a static IP address, correct? I do admit that a computer that is left on and only restarted when necessary will most likely keep the same IP address for a long while. I could be wrong, though, as I'm no CCNA.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Correct me if I'm wrong, but using DHCP is usually indicative of a dynamic vice a static IP address, correct? I do admit that a computer that is left on and only restarted when necessary will most likely keep the same IP address for a long while. I could be wrong, though, as I'm no CCNA.

Yea if when the PC needs to renew its DHCP license that same address is still available and hasnt been recycled it will continue to have the same one.

Normally DHCP will assign the address with a 3 day lease, if after the 3 days it isn't renewed then that IP will go back into the pool and re-assigned. But most of the time people log on enough and keep the addresses. However the ISP can alter the time that the leases are kept as well as how things are handled. But yea normally you keep renewing, you could pretty much keep the same address and depending on the ISP a release and renew will not give you a new IP.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

y'all are a bunch of geeks... :P Not that I have a problem with that... I just thought I'd let you know... ;):D

You are just jealous...:P
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I could be wrong, though, as I'm no CCNA.

Easy enough to get ya know.... it could mean a bit of a pay raise.
A CCNP is a bit harder but .... hey you got plenty of time to study overe there right???

The problem is more knowing WHAT stuff to get for study material and labwork. That, and actually having a place to set everything up - I've got a personal computer in the conex (8x20), but no place to set up a lab.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The problem is more knowing WHAT stuff to get for study material and labwork. That, and actually having a place to set everything up - I've got a personal computer in the conex (8x20), but no place to set up a lab.

Um for CCNA you dont really need a "LAB"

Having a couple switches and a router is nice, but you can learn alot of it just using a simulation program on your PC ;)

If you check ebay there are a ton of people selling switch router combo's specific for CCNA..not to expensive ;)
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto