flygrrrl95

How many lawyer/skydivers?

Honestly - the practice of law is just a total eye opener. You won't know what is going on, and few will expect you to know. If you feel like you don't know what you are doing, then you are right where you should be in your development. >>>

Geez - sounds a lot like medicine. Even after 24 years there is not a day that goes by that the thought "I have no clue what is going on" goes through my mind!!

I guess that's why it's call the PRACTICE of medicine and the PRACTICE of law, eh??? :P

I feel relieved now, knowing I'd be in such good hands at the dz should things turn to shit.>>>

No worries - you are " Do Not Resuscitate"B|B|

(unless of course your insurance card is in your wallet):S

Doc

"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

guess that's why it's call the PRACTICE of medicine and the PRACTICE of law, eh???

Yes. And here's another pointer - the Bar exam is the last closed-book test you'll have. That's one of the great things about our career. You don't know the answers but you are trained in how to find them.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

That's one of the great things about our career. You don't know the answers but you are trained in how to find them.

Yep!! Just post the question in Bonfire. You will get all kinds of answers!!:P:D:D And you can Bill for post whoring then.

(See, I would have made a Good lawyer, If only I had not been born with a Soul.:P:D:D)

Im just kind of writing off real property as something i have troubles in and need to compensate with something else

Now don't write off ALL of real property. It's about 15 percent of the test. But RAP is not worth spending a lot of time on, in my opinion. At most you'll get 3 questions on it. And one will be impossible.

I have a question for the other lawyers on here: I'm thinking of taking the Florida Bar because I went to law school in Florida and I already have all the character and application stuff out of the way. But I've been told that this will send the wrong signal to those who are in charge of whether I make partner someday (i.e. she's thinking of moving back to Florida, she's not in it for the long haul). What do you think?

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

I don't know. Does your firm do a lot of work in Florida? You're close enough that if you realistically see a practical use for it, your reasoning might fly with the partners in your firm without a second thought. On the other hand, if your firm doesn't do work down there, yeah, they might wonder if you have something in the back of your mind about going home again. That's not to say it might not serve you well to do it anyway. Lots of attorneys are admitted in more than one state.

You might also look into the reciprocity requirements.
TPM Sister #102

But people don't usually "hate" doctors and nurses, like they claim to hate lawyers. However you're right about everyone wanting free stuff, no matter who its from. :P

Believe me they are out there;)

Besides how could hate anyone as irresistable as you are:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

WARNING - DOC IN THE HOUSE

I'm a medical malpractice defense attorney.

:)
Brie

.......doc will love you then, those are his favorite kind of lawyers....with the exception of flygrl:P
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~

Hehe... I don't think I'd ever get married without a prenup. It's a way of protecting the person I love from anything I might try to do to them financially should things not work out. Agreeing on stuff like that beforehand when you love each other is a LOT easier than agreeing on it after everybody's angry. Since 50% of marriages end in divorce, it's a coin-toss chance that a contingency plan may be required... hope for the best, and move on with your marriage knowing you've already planned for the worst. Marriage is a contract, and a prenup is just a vehicle to define the terms.

Or just don't get married.

I'm an advocate of that.:)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I would much prefer to hear that over "oops"!
:P

Maybe thats why my patient looked at me funny today .....guess I shouldn't let that cat out of the bag:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:. Just kidding, but couldn't resist:)
DPH # 2

I got a great prescription from my friendly nurse practitioner and intend to use it every chance I get.

Vint

There was a reason you got that rx....the expectation is that you will be jumping your ass off this summer...got a pretty good start so far;)
DPH # 2

well i got my ass handed to me in PMBR today - was freakin out til everyone else i know did shitty too...then we all looked at their averages, and now things are better.

it's going to be a loooooooooooooong 10 or so days, but the light at the end of the tunnel is flickering (hopefully it's not the oncoming El...)