WatchYourStep

Off to Cali, and looking for hotel

3 friends and I are headed out to the LA area in early August. We're trying to find a decent hotel that's relatively close (within walking distance or short cab ride) to some night life (bars, etc). I've been doing some searching on Priceline but then I have to call the hotel and ask if they are close to any good bars etc.

This is taking forever, can anyone suggest any places? We're trying to find rooms around $100 a night. We don't care if they are a little trashy as we don't plan to be staying in them for long.

Thanks

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

There's a Comfort Inn near where I used to live in Santa Monica. I put my parents up there a couple of times, so it's definitely pretty decent, and it should be in the $100-$125 range. It's a long walk or a short cab ride to most of the nightlife in Santa Monica (which is down closer to the beach). There's also a Days Inn right nearby that might have similar rates.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

If you're looking for some place in the Hollywood, CA area, you can try The Magic Castle Hotel www.magiccastlehotel.com or The Hollywood Hills Hotel. The same company runs both locations. If you stay at the MC Hotel, they can make reservations for you to come into The Magic Castle (bring a suit!); stay at the HHH and you're within walking distance to Yamashiro Cal-Asian restaurant with a view that's amazing!

Either way, you're just a block and a half from one of the busiest areas in Hollyood, "Hollywood & Highland".

SA B|

That place costs an arm and a leg, but they look nice.

Yeah but your rich, you can afford it
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Nick, thanks man. I had a blast last time with Rosa and you.

Is this place a dive?

The hotel is quite nice, very clean, and frequented mostly by Kiwis (go figure!). Right on the boardwalk at the border of Venice Beach and Santa Monica, minutes walk from restaurants and bars (including where we met last time), and a couple of clubs.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

That place costs an arm and a leg, but they look nice.

Yeah but your rich, you can afford it

Lee you're funny that's for sure. Pleasure meeting you this past weekend. I'm going to have to schedule a trip to The Ranch now.

Um, where in the LA Area are you planning on being? I can tell you the nightlife everywhere and where to stay.

I'll tell you a great scene - Mahattan Beach/Redondo Beach/Hermosa Beach. Ron will testify.

We don't really care. We're spending two day at the DZ and two days goofing in town. One of the guys going isn't a jumper so if we take the car we'd like the hotel to be close to attractions and bars that way he can do stuff if he doesn't want to chill at the DZ.

Give them a call and see what the Hollywood Hills Hotel will run you. If it's still too much let me know.

SA B|

They're all booked :(

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."