boinky

Hell's Kitchen. Do You Watch It?

I've been watching this show and all I can say is that it would literally be a cold day in hell before I took that kind of abuse off of ANYBODY!!! :o
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Watch it and love it! I was lucky enough to go to one of the tapings for this season a couple of months back. Food was great, and they fill you wine! For the most part, there are quite a few chefs out there that are that, let's say, passionate in the kitchen. They have no same in handing you your ass. (19 years in F&B) He's not so bad when they're out of the kitchen.

SA B|

i saw it once.. enjoyed it, but will only watch it if I am flipping through channels and come across it, and find nothing else on. I agree, they take way too much abuse, no backbone whatsoever.. but, I can't talk, I have been there. then again, all the sous chefs I have worked for have been nice people.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Food was great, and they fill you wine!

Food? Hell, for the last two weeks, they've had the customers walk out and the "Chef" close the restaurant for the night. [:/]

I actually think Julia is greatly underrated. She might not know "fine dining' but she's a fighter. ;)
Nina

I really enjoy the show! Chef Ramsay, has a reputation as a 'top chef' and demands only the best. It's the hard-asses that make the impression. I've had hard-assed bosses and teachers and they, were the ones I really learned from. I guess, with 'Hells Kitchen, it's 'if you can't take the heat... get out of the kitchen. :)He has another show (can't think of the name) on BBC-America where he helps 'perk-up' different restaurants... really good program! He gets bleeped a lot on that show, too!:D

Chuck

and the hour it took for us to get our apps, we drank the complimentary wine! :P

A skydiver drinking free alcohol? That would NEVER[/B] happen! :ph34r:
Nina

While I realize that part of the appeal of the show is to see what he's going to do next, I have to feel that he is a little bit over the top. If you slapped an egg on MY shirt....there'd be words. Screw my own restaurant. If he had no more respect for me to do that to me...I probably don't stand a chance of winning anyway. :S

And yes.....I'm pretty shocked by some of the things he says. I'm just waiting on that one guy to "nut up" and kick his ass! >:(

Nina

I've been watching this show and all I can say is that it would literally be a cold day in hell before I took that kind of abuse off of ANYBODY!!! :o

I like watching Wife Swap. Great entertainment. :D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Not to hijack my own thread, but I did actually watch that a couple of times. Funniest time was when they had that zealot religious person on there. Man...she was nuts! :D
Nina

Not to hijack my own thread, but I did actually watch that a couple of times. Funniest time was when they had that zealot religious person on there. Man...she was nuts! :D

It's hysterical.

I hijacked, my apologies. ;)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Funniest time was when they had that zealot religious person on there. Man...she was nuts! :D

It's hysterical.

>>>>>> "I AM A GOD WARRIOR!"

That woman was a freakin' trip. OMG.:S:D:D

Back to the thread, never saw Hell's Kitchen on TV , but it's also a dive bar in Tacoma with a lot of good punk rock. :)
We hang out there more than we should.

I have to feel that he is a little bit over the top.

Just a little?

:P

I admit, the show stresses me out a bit. And of course, though extremely funny when someone else does it:D:P, I could never treat people the way Chef Ramsey does, nor would I take such abuse.

But, he's certainly not boring and that's what I like about him.B|
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

One of my favorite shows. If you are allowed to watch BBC in Texas, check out Gordon Ramsey's F Word. It's kind of Hell's Kitchen Lite.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

He has another show (can't think of the name) on BBC-America where he helps 'perk-up' different restaurants... really good program! He gets bleeped a lot on that show, too!

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

It is amazing how many second rate chefs and mangers of failing businesses think they know better than a guy who runs several Michelin starred restaurants!:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Aaron, needed to go! Sheesh... all he did was stand around, have anxiety attacks, leave the kitchen and take long naps.
If, the contestants don't know, before they go on the show, what might happen... too bad. The guy is tough and he's a bit 'old school'. Deep down inside, Ramsay is a pussycat.:D

Chuck

He has another show (can't think of the name) on BBC-America where he helps 'perk-up' different restaurants... really good program! He gets bleeped a lot on that show, too!

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

It is amazing how many second rate chefs and mangers of failing businesses think they know better than a guy who runs several Michelin starred restaurants!:P

That's it! Thanks, for the 'memory jog'!
I don't know if, it is still on but, he has/had a show: 'The 'F' Word'. (F + food)

I really believe, he wants someone to come along and 'outshine' him. He's tough, he demands the best and by golly, he's going to get it or they can hit the bricks. Ya' gotta respect him. The winner from last season, he got on her something terrible... she's still 'there'.

Chuck

Back to the thread, never saw Hell's Kitchen on TV , but it's also a dive bar in Tacoma with a lot of good punk rock.

Somehow, I don't think this would be the same place. I don't think you could call his Hell's Kitchen a "dive bar."
Nina

HOW MANY MINUTES HAVE I GOT ON THE SOUFFLE? YOU FAT COW!

Chef Ramsey impression>

:D:D:D That was a pretty good impression!
Nina

One of my favorite shows. If you are allowed to watch BBC in Texas, check out Gordon Ramsey's F Word. It's kind of Hell's Kitchen Lite.

Unfortunately, I only have somewhat basic cable, so I doubt very seriously that I get the BBC. But I'll bet it's an interesting show. >:(
Nina