LisaM

Restless Legs, anyone?

I have 'RLS' very very fucking bad and have had this problem for years now. I only sleep most nights for 4 hours if i am lucky. The later you go to bed the worse as well.

I go through Nurofen plus like sweets but it works.
Nurofen plus is over the counter ibuprofen with codeine and it does the trick but i need about 4 of them each night an hour before i sleep.

Not many doctors know of this syndrome and apparently nobody knows the cause of it so it is hard to treat.

As another poster said i think it is also lack of iron.

I am not kidding you though, this syndrome makes me miserable and is fucking up my life as after taking codeine most nights i am fucked the next day.

It gets so bad sometimes that i have to cramp my legs real tight to handle it. I will find myself so sick of it sometimes that i will just bash my leg against my bed in frustration.

It is the most horrible feeling i have ever had.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Wow. Have you tried to look up a doc that knows about it on the http://www.rls.org website? There were a couple where I am at.

There is also http://www.rlshelp.org/ which provides some good information as well. Read the letters, there are some interesting remedies... maybe one will help

Have you been to a doc to maybe get the prescription for it? Requip and Mirapex are the 2 FDA approved drugs.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

it does not seem to be known here in australia. you want to send me some drugs?

I have spent many restless legs night so frustrated that i have spent lots of time reading up about it on the net but get sick of all the moaning people are doing in their forums about it.

I have only slept 3-4 hours a night now for around 4 years. The shit i take puts me to sleep but just a powernap.

I should probably try and get sleeping tablets.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

The Denver Daily news just had an article on this, showing genetic links. I have a mild case of this, as does my mother and father. Well, my father got shot up a lot in both the arms and legs in 'nam, so it's hard to know if he has RLS, or just old war wounds ;) But my mother definitely has it, and so do I.

There is a drug for it called Requip, but mine's never been bad enough to try that. If I get good exercise during the day, that helps. So does eating fresh fruits/veggies.

Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I would just go to your Dr. and tell him what to prescribe. Say, "Dr. I need... myrapex or requip. Check it out and get back to me with whichever one would fit best with my medical background."

Sometimes you have to tell Dr.'s to look into stuff before they will. Especially if your Dr. is older. I don't care what anyone in the medical profession will try to tell you they 'think' should happen in the field. I know from experience that occasionally YOU have to educate THEM. I have had to do this several times.

Mine seems to suddenly calm down too, but a bit earlier. Usually 1 or 2. It seems that if I actually wake up enough to know I need to walk around the house for a bit, I con sleep afterwards.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

The Denver Daily news just had an article on this, showing genetic links. I have a mild case of this, as does my mother and father. Well, my father got shot up a lot in both the arms and legs in 'nam, so it's hard to know if he has RLS, or just old war wounds ;) But my mother definitely has it, and so do I.

There is a drug for it called Requip, but mine's never been bad enough to try that. If I get good exercise during the day, that helps. So does eating fresh fruits/veggies.

I saw that article. Sent it on to my mom. My mom and I have it. Her sister and 2 of her kids have it.

I discovered the nausea meds my doc prescribed to me was the RLS culprit. I stopped taking it in the afternoon and walaa RLS back under control. Phew!

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

I went to a concert and the ride home in the back seat for three hours- 12 am to 3 am, caused my legs to want to kick the drivers butt the whole way like a football.

rather than kicking the driver I tried this; A deep massage of the calves by pushing my thumbs into the muscle like bread dough for 5 minutes....it totally worked!
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

>you massaged your legl for 3 hours?
:D:D

I think that would lead to wanking it

No, just for five min each...or get your partner to do it.:)
Besides I saw an add for "mirapex?" the side effects included sudden "sexual or gambling urges" yikes what a deal.

Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

Not many doctors know of this syndrome and apparently nobody knows the cause of it so it is hard to treat.

As another poster said i think it is also lack of iron.

Go see a natural therapist, but find a good one i know one in Perth cant remember were you are but i, sure he would know of some one,

I am not kidding you though, this syndrome makes me miserable and is fucking up my life as after taking codeine most nights i am fucked the next day.

It gets so bad sometimes that i have to cramp my legs real tight to handle it. I will find myself so sick of it sometimes that i will just bash my leg against my bed in frustration.

It is the most horrible feeling i have ever had.

```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !