bigway

Owen Wilson attempts suicide.

"superficial cuts"

What a pussy. If you're gonna do it do it right and don't be a drama queen about it.

If it was only superficial cuts, he was just trying to get attention and not really kill himself. If he really wanted to, we'd be reading his obit. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Who?

Hollywood actor. Credits include Meet The Parents, Night At The Museum, etc... He's in a lot of movies with Ben Stiller.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

"superficial cuts"

What a pussy. If you're gonna do it do it right and don't be a drama queen about it.

If it was only superficial cuts, he was just trying to get attention and not really kill himself. If he really wanted to, we'd be reading his obit. :S

So I had a partner once, picked up this wacko chick one night who was trying "to kill herself" by cutting her wrists. She went the wrong way.
So I'm driving, and they're in the back, and she's freaking out and I hear my partner spout out "What the hell, you didn't even do it right...what's wrong with you?"

Now, I'm a sarcastic asshole sometimes, but that one about made even me almost wreck the truck in amazement.

Remember kids: it's down the road not across the street

I mean I understand his frustration. It was very very A.M. And I'm not saying that I didn't agree. I just couldn't believe that the words were actually said.

But yeah, if you're gonna wake me up do it for a good reason.

Guys... come on. Show some sympathy and compassion. Just because he "didn't do it right" this time, doesn't mean that he won't learn and succeed the next time.

There are generally two types that make "suicide gestures"

1. Borderline personality types that do it for any attention, even if it means hurting themselves for the sake of that attention. And as much as borderline personalities annoy me (so many in my family do the "come here, come here, come here, go away, go away, go away" games)... they are still needing SOMETHING that sometimes the medical community can help with.

2. Severe Depression. The emotional pain with that level of depression deserves some understanding.

Don't taunt those that close to the edge.

(edit to express what I meant, not what I typed. Thanks!)

For what it's worth, Owen has always seemed a bit "off the wall" distant in his movie roles. Not saying that's any indication of anything wrong with him...

Heh I had a chick one time suspected od faking unconciousness basicly dumped a bunch of pills around her and played unconcious (yes we know if u r faking it is our job) anyway she would wake up for ammonia but then "pass out again" so I told her to she was full of shit and this wasnt the first time I played this game. she came up off the strecher screeming ripped out her IV and informed my "honky ass" that I knew nothing about this game and I was the "dumbest fucking cracker she had ever seen" I about shit myself laughing at her which of course only pissed her off more had to get the cops to come restrain her;) I luv the angry ones

We had a chick fake passing our at work one night because she didn't want to run a certain job (nasty, smelly) I got written up for drawing a chalk line around her as she lay on the floor. It was worth it.

Just doing my part to contribute to thread drift
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

So I had a partner once, picked up this wacko chick one night who was trying "to kill herself" by cutting her wrists. She went the wrong way.
So I'm driving, and they're in the back, and she's freaking out and I hear my partner spout out "What the hell, you didn't even do it right...what's wrong with you?"

Now, I'm a sarcastic asshole sometimes, but that one about made even me almost wreck the truck in amazement.

I have a cousin who was staying with my parents for a while. My dad caught him trying to hang himself in the barn, with a rope that was too long. He's still a loser 30 yr. later.

Guys... come on. Show some sympathy and compassion. Just because he "didn't do it right" this time, doesn't mean that he won't learn and succeed the next time.

There are generally two types that make "suicide gestures"

1. Borderline personality types that do it for any attention, even if it means hurting themselves for the sake of that attention. And as much as borderline personalities annoy me (so many in my family do the "come here, come here, come here, go away, go away, go away" games)... they are still needing SOMETHING that sometimes the medical community can help with.

2. Severe Depression. The emotional pain with that level of depression deserves some understanding.

Don't taunt those that close to the edge.

I'd have to echo that. A suicide attempt is the only way some can get anyone to take their pain seriously (in their mind).
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Since all the sites posting this info state that The National Enquirer is the source of this story, I find it far more likely that he accidentally scratched his forearm on some sharp corner of something, and took some ibuprofen before heading to the ER

At the very least I'd wager that the story is very exaggerated.
__

My mighty steed