RALFFERS

Dog Allergies

It seems that out of no where I have developed an allergy to dogs.....this presents a problem because there's no way in hell I'm getting rid of mine. But I do need to find a way to treat my sneezing, irritation and itchy nose. Ya'll got any ideas or suggestions?

Attached is a pic of the little rascal :)
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

SHAVE your dog:D

That will not stop allergies....it is the dander not the hair that is the problem.

However I agree, he should shave that dog anyway :D

As for pet allergies, zyrtec I have heard works well.

Having said that though just as an FYI in the Chicago area right now both ragweed and mold spore counts are freaking rediculously high right now. People who really didnt have much problems in the past with hayfever/alleriges are suffering now.

I havent had an allergy attack like this in years. Allegra and Nasonex are my friends.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I don't have an answer to your problem other than to suggest you go to an allergist, but I just have to say he is SO cute!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

OK, I have good news and bad news...the good news is I did some reading about the breed of my dog; turns out
the Maltese is good for allergy sufferers

*Maltese have no undercoat, and have little to no shedding if cared for properly. Like their relatives Poodles and Bichon Frisé, they are considered to be largely hypoallergenic and many people who are allergic to dogs may not be allergic to the Maltese.*

So it's probably not my dog that's causing the problem. The bad news is I don't know what I'm allergic to, or if it's indeed an allergy. >:( (most likely is ) though since when I'm in the car, at the DZ or generally anywhere outside I have no symptoms (itchy and runny nose.) Note: there are many dogs at our DZ, and I don't seem to exhibit noticeable reactions; I sneeze a little bit, and my nose runs a bit, but nothing big. Its NOTHING like when I'm at home; here I'm constantly blowing and scratching my nose, not to mention sneezing up a storm.

Ya know, I realize skydiving costs a lot, I'm cool with the idea of having to modify my rig a bit because of my disability, and, I accept the fact that jumping is somewhat dangerous and thus there may be a posting about me in the blue skies forums 1 day (really hope not)........but I'm sure as hell not giving up jumping before I'm even licensed because of allergy or potential sinus problems! >:( Jumping and/or at least being at the DZ is one of the very few things that make me happy; I have a smile on my face from the time I get there to the time I leave. I don't, and can't see myself not getting my A and jumping year after year, starting next season....:|

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of