RALFFERS

For All You Ttravel Savy People

I'll admit, I don't get out of Illinois much, hence why I don't know the ins and outs of traveling. I just booked my ticket, now I need to take care of the car; need it between the 22 and 25 of November in Orlando. I guess it's not the prices, as they are pretty cheap...it's the damn insurance coverage......$40/day B|

Anyone know of smaller chains with more reasonable prices? (if that's even possible.) I would rent it as is...but you just never know....

Thanks
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

You're an insurance guy..you know this stuff! ;)

Some credit cards make the coverage automatic without the extra charge through the rental company...and some auto policies cover the rental car as well as your personal vehicle.

OR...if ya get in a wreck...RUN! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Are you under 25??

Nope; 26.

Don't you have your own auto insurance? It should cover rental cars.

I only have liability coverage on my car.

Are you under 25??

Nope; 26.

Yeah....and I know...Ya can't RUN real well....yer screwed Ralph! ;)

Are you under 25??

Nope; 26.

Oh yeah, that would be a problem. Well you could just steal a car when you arrive at where you're going, and junk it when you get back to the airport for your flight home! :D

Who knows? There's bound to be some parked cars at the airport you could get into, use it, and return it before its owner gets back to it. :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Are you under 25??

Nope; 26.

Yeah....and I know...Ya can't RUN real well....yer screwed Ralph! ;)
I was just gonna say the same :P

Hey........I'll make a good headline photo. ROFLMFAO :D

Get the "Loss Damage Waiver." Worth every penny. Your car insurance should cover liability and (if you have full coverage) personal items coverage (but check on that before renting the car).

Loss Damage Waiver is $25/day with Budget. I just looked on their website; the cheapest car with the LDW would be just over $200 for the 3 days (w/unlimited mileage). Which isn't bad when you consider that you're renting on a big holiday weekend...

Some credit cards make the coverage automatic without the extra charge through the rental company...and some auto policies cover the rental car as well as your personal vehicle.

The exception is Drivers under 25 Years old. The few (VERY Few) Car rental Companies that will rent to drivers under 25 mostly REQUIRE that you also purchase their Insurance.

As for smaller Rental Car companies, I avoid them like the Plague. Always ends up costing more in the end and they treat you like a criminal from the time you walk in till after you leave.

I like Avis and Hertz. I am preferred with both and they drop me at my car, Keys in it, Trunk open for luggage and I am on my way. Drop off takes even less time.

Smaller companies want to do full inspections before you pick up and after you drop off. Takes 30 minutes to an hour each time.

Get the "Loss Damage Waiver." Worth every penny. Your car insurance should cover liability and (if you have full coverage) personal items coverage (but check on that before renting the car).

Loss Damage Waiver is $25/day with Budget. I just looked on their website; the cheapest car with the LDW would be just over $200 for the 3 days (w/unlimited mileage). Which isn't bad when you consider that you're renting on a big holiday weekend...

Check with you credit card. You're young, so you may not have one of those, but most Platimum and Gold cards have complementary rental car insurance when you use the card to rent the car AND you decline the retal agency's coverage.

The big bonus is that the insurance with these cards usually has no deductable, as opposed to the $500 from the agencies.
Remster

Under $200 isn't so bad...I'll check into the credit card thing also.

I'm so excited about getting into that tunnel, I don't care what it costs to get down there :)

I like Avis and Hertz. I am preferred with both and they drop me at my car, Keys in it, Trunk open for luggage and I am on my way. Drop off takes even less time.

I like Allamo...you pick the car you want, keys are in it.

Always make a reservation for an economy car, they go first so there usually aren't any....up grade is free. B|

It's been YEARS since I drove a car out of an Allamo lot with more than 5000 miles...I keep looking until I find a new one. ;)

Well, I'm shocked! :o Checked with my credit card company and to my pleasant surprise they offer complementary insurance coverage.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! ;)

Use Diner's Club.

Eh? :S You lost me there. Maybe I'm just slow.

It is a credit card. Not one that's used in great numbers like a Visa or Mastercard though.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Enjoy the tunnel in orlando....it is great! Went and played in the tunnel 2 years ago and going back in jan.....to perris in feb.....glad to hear the credit card covers your insurance....extra bonus, now you can spend the money on something else.;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

My only concern is (as if skydiving wasn't addicting enough)......what if I become a tunnel rat??? :o:oB| Some have already concluded that I most likely will

I need to find a good job quick!

Or I can be the getaway driver, while some of you guys do the rest :ph34r:

Now see, I don't have that problem .... as I don't live near a tunnel and the really sucky thing is that I can only jump for about 1/2 the year as we are seasonal and the snow should be appearing near the end of october.>:(>:(>:(

I need to move south:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Not living near a tunnel I fear wont stop me:|[:/]..........it'll just cost me more to feed my habit :):D I need to move South too, and God-willing 1 day soon I will!

OK..........here's a more legal idea How about all of us that post here regularly buy powerball tickets?? We're bound to have a million a piece at least It's successfully been done before, and if anybody could use some extra cash its skydivers

Hey, it could happen... B|