turtlespeed

So a funny thing happened on the way to work today . . .

How nice of you to ruin someone's day just to amuse yourself.:S

The guy ruined his own day, and Turtle's efforts were to amuse all of us, not just himself. Despite the nature of the disagreement, I think he's proven himself to be quite the philanthropist. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

and it was no different than when someone posts here and argues.

I think it was different. People choose to come here and argue. I think it's fucked up to purposely be an ass to someone who is serving you.

And imho, the following is an example of purposely being an ass to someone who is serving you...

So I ordered some items from the food refer, and 2 large, no - not venti, LARGE, (It was getting fun here, because the attendant was in a confrontational mood too.Laugh), He said Venti, I said, no - I don't want a VENTI, I want a friggin LARGE.

Only my opinion. Worth what ya pay for it.

LOL! I don't think I'd go THAT far (philanthropist?) and probably if I had been there I would've thought to myself that Turtle to begin with was the one with a problem. I'm sure the kid didn't find any of it very amusing but I must say I found the read quite entertaining! HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE! :)

"It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities." - A. Dumbledore

Ya gotta look at it from the employees side.

He's just doing what he's told and this asshole comes in and gives him shit over a large vs. venti coffee and then throws down an ultimatium which frazzles him more and then when automatic ask for charity mode kicks and he gets a verbal beatdown and he screws up the charge.

Now he's being accused of habitual stealing and fired off of one (most likely) mistake. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't it just wasn't proven. Now so pissed to avoid throttling you he kicks his car and breaks his window. On top of that he may now have the police hassling him now.

All he needs now is to lose his place and/or break up with his girlfriend and you've potentially got a clock tower sniper or future cult leader/member. [:/]

Some service workers ain't that bright. They can follow simple commands and steps but if you catch them off guard they get frazzled easily.

Case in point:
I walked into a KFC/Taco Bell and couldn't remember the name of the taco I wanted so I made the mistake of asking. By doing that, I think I blew this poor woman's (I'm guessing late 30's) brain.

I found what I wanted, ordered, and at the end said, "To go."

She looked at me and asked, "Is this for here or take out?"

I said, "To go."

She looked at me again and asked, "Is this for here or take out?"

I seriously though about saying to go again, but answered, "Take out."

My guess is she had two choices on her screen, and "To go" wasn't one of them.

...and English was definitely her first language.

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Like it has already been said my opinion is worth what you pay for it. However, the GROWN Man behind the counter was being annoying to other customers long before Turtle starting interacting with him.

I can't stand it when clerks are rude and annoying and I personally like to dig my heels in and stick up for my rights to not be annoyed. I wish more people would demand common courtesy. It was not wrong to ask the clerk not to solicit a donation but it was wrong to steal a donation.

I think most businesses would have fired the clerk for that transgression and I would hope that most businesses would want to know of employees engaging in this type of behavior.

Personally I would feel great if I got somebody fired for stealing donations in this same manner.
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

This guy was articulate in when he asked the customers to donate to this bullshit orginization. The difference being that I never once raised my voice, and a smile never left my face - until I found out about the charge to my credit card to benifit the very thing that I said would cancel the order. there is NO CHANCE this was a mistake.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Oh, okay, I get it now. It's okay to be an ass as long as you're smiling.

I dunno... my momma taught me to treat other people how I want to be treated. She also told me that you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat the people they don't have to be nice to.

And with that, I'm off to the dz to be nice to manifest.

I walked into a KFC/Taco Bell and couldn't remember the name of the taco I wanted so I made the mistake of asking. By doing that, I think I blew this poor woman's (I'm guessing late 30's) brain.

I found what I wanted, ordered, and at the end said, "To go."

She looked at me and asked, "Is this for here or take out?"

I said, "To go."

She looked at me again and asked, "Is this for here or take out?"

I seriously though about saying to go again, but answered, "Take out."

Reminds me of a Del Taco experience I had once, when I went through the drive through and they asked if it was "for here or to go." Ummmm, let's think about that one, shall we???
TPM Sister #102

Like it has already been said my opinion is worth what you pay for it. However, the GROWN Man behind the counter was being annoying to other customers long before Turtle starting interacting with him.

I can't stand it when clerks are rude and annoying and I personally like to dig my heels in and stick up for my rights to not be annoyed. I wish more people would demand common courtesy. It was not wrong to ask the clerk not to solicit a donation but it was wrong to steal a donation.

I think most businesses would have fired the clerk for that transgression and I would hope that most businesses would want to know of employees engaging in this type of behavior.

Personally I would feel great if I got somebody fired for stealing donations in this same manner.

If Turtle hasn't thought of it yet, he should call Starbucks headquarters and ask if it's company policy to solicit charity donations on the job. If the answer's no, sic them on the store this happened in.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

How about C.?

Employee gets frazzled by asshole customer and makes a mistake and is now so scared of this vindictive SOB and what they might do they stupidly try to hide it just hoping they can get this person out of their life without destroying it.

If I have a problem with something a company does/requires/encourages, I don't take it out the employee. :S

I agree that he shouldn't have stolen money, but why ya gotta hassle the little guy in the first place? That wasn't very nice.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I agree that he shouldn't have stolen money, but why ya gotta hassle the little guy in the first place? That wasn't very nice.

If you give someone any hint that you have a weakness, they'll jump all over you and keep control of the situation. Maybe, just maybe turtlespeed went a little too far, but I don't have a problem with what he did. I call it putting the employee in his rightful place. Turtlespeed was in complete control. Who knows how many times the clerk has gotten donations from customers without their consent? Further investigation into this just might turn up something interesting.

One thing that was not mentioned was the name of the charity. What was it, turtle?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Turtlespeed was in complete control. Who knows how many times the clerk has gotten donations from customers without their consent?

Even if he didn't raise his voice and had a smile on his face, he was still hassling the Server. And, he didn't know the guy was going to add the donation without his consent, he was just in a confrontational mood, by his own account.

My daughter works at a job where she has to ask people if they want to open a credit application. She doesn't like doing it, but it's a requirement of the job. Kids in school don't have that many choices of jobs they qualify for that can fit into their schedules. Their lives already suck by having to work a job like this for little pay, why add to their frustration?

I'm with da Bytch...treat others as you would like to be treated.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'm with da Bytch...treat others as you would like to be treated.

In his place, I would have GLADLY changed whatever I was doing or saying to further the customers experiance. I have worked where I had to interact with the public in Several venues, from retail and fast food, all the way to now owning and running my own construction company. I have had to eat crow more times than I can count.

My philosophy has never changed, I was polite and helpful to every customer I ever came into contact with, be it when I bagged grocerys, shot video for tandems, worked the register at McDonalds, or greeted at a car wash. No Matter what the customer said, or did, was I ever led to believe that I had the right to argue with them, and still be employed.

It is always so much simpler and more correct, if not just better business, to get the person in charge of you to assist where you don't have the mental capability, or personality to succeed in comppleting the tasks and responsibilities you are being paid for.

I GUARANTEE that if a customer comes to my office offering me business and wants to call a brick a block, I won't argue with them. I might try to educate them once, but if they do it again - I simply move on. If I don't, I can pretty much count on that customer having serious reservations, if not full on distain for me and my company.

This guy had no respect for my wishes, and didn't feel it neccessary to accomodate customers.

So, in short, you are correct. I treated him EXACTLY as I would have wanted to be treated.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

One thing that was not mentioned was the name of the charity. What was it, turtle?

I am checking - I forgot - It's something localish . . .

Edited: It is so that Starbucks can deliver starbucks coffee beans to a VA in San Antonio, TX.

I remember now why I disagreed with the idea . . . If you break it down, they are asking you to help them pay for an item that they could easily give away. Your donation actually makes them money. They buy coffee at a very small price, charge three to four times the actual value, and then ask you to give more money than you already have so they can give it away while making 75% profit on your charitable donation. That isn't charity, it's marketing. I disagreed with the idea and I also asked not to even be questioned about it.

If you had that big of an issue with it, talk to the manager, call the company, or just leave.

It's okay to be an asshole, but be an asshole to the right people. I liken it to yelling at a flight attendant when your flight is delayed. It's not their fault, they just have to deal with the consequences.

If you had that big of an issue with it, talk to the manager, call the company, or just leave.

It's okay to be an asshole, but be an asshole to the right people. I liken it to yelling at a flight attendant when your flight is delayed. It's not their fault, they just have to deal with the consequences.

I did talk to the manager.

So Turtle... I'm walking for a very good cause in October.... it'd really be awesome if you'd open up your wallet and donate.... I'm mean it is me and I am doing it for a good cause... C`mon don't be a cheap bastard - DONATE!!! :P

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?