jjiimmyyt

Words you can not spell

Having known many Doctors in my life (my dad was a hospital manager when he decided to stop examining other peoples poop and blood) its not that you cant spell, its cos your hands are shaking too much due to rampant alcoholism. YMMV.

edit too add: 'you' was used in a collective sense rather than aimed at you directly. So much easier in french.

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

...I am disinclined to acquiesce to those demands. (Means "No") :D:D:D

Shouldn't someone have at least asked you before your shot them down?
:D:D:P
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Lessee...

Pisces and supercallifragilisticexpealladocious, I think.

My problem is with necessary neccesary necesary or neccessary, and for some reason with "wcih" instead of "which". In the latter case it's probably the double H that does it.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

These are words I use in more complicated speech, like technical writings that I do for my job… that I have a hard time with:

Acquiesce [I ALWAYS misspell this!!!]
Queue [I use the old word for it… “spooler”, but it confuses engineers sometimes]
Prestidigitation [fancy word for “magic”]
Dawdle
Recombinant
Truculent
Re-factor [I forget the hyphen here, there is no “refactor”]

I also have a lot of Southern phraseology that I use in my speech that I have trouble spelling in emails. For example, when I think something is broken or fucked up, in front of a nice person who is sensitive to guys who swear, I’ll say it’s “caddy-wumpus” instead.

I have completely lost all ability to remember where 'double' letters go in words when there is more than one possibility in my head...

Necessary
Tomorrow
Professional
Professor
Succeeded vs. seceded
Access...

The list goes on. :| See? I had to spell check the damn list. :|

...and the worst part is that spelling used to be my strong point until I had the twins. Then I think a tumor developed that has consumed half of my brain. B|

-Oh, and just for NWFlyer, we can't forget my 'Qwest' / 'Quest' mix-up of late. :P

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.