AirWhore

I hate Skyride too

But i do like Billy Vance......

So this got me thinking maybe me and Billy are the only two in the sport that dislike skyride, the dropzones that support skyride,the staff that works for skyride, the creators of skyride, the negativity skyride brings to the sport, those that support skyride by fun jumping at those DZ's, and basically everyone,and everything associated with skyride.

so here it is do you support them or don't you stand up and be counted, and please feel free to comment why or why not.......

You didn't leave any room on your poll for any ambiguity; I don't like skyride or the creators, but that doesn't mean I have a hate on for my brothers and sisters that jump there. Most of them started there, they have fun when they go there, and they are going to continue to go there. Some people have enough drama in their life away from the DZ that they actually go skydiving to get away from the politics and drama. Crazy huh?

yeah your probably right but i feel that if you support them by working for them,or fun jump at one of their DZ's you are part of the problem not part of the solution, and it was my poll so i left that out.

but if that is how you feel then don't vote and just say so in this thread...

It'd be like not buying a product a company made because you don't like their ethics, but still buying a different product from that company or a subsidiary.

The sad thing is if Skyride was ethical it could be a positive aspect for this sport and still make money. It's a good business model, but also an easily exploitable one. [:/]

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I hate Skyride and I have never met Billy Vance but, I like him from on here. He seems like a good guy and If he can help stop skyride That would be great:)

back to your question. Just because I hate Skyride doesn't mean I "hate" the people that jump at Skydride DZ's. Hate is a very strong word and like I said in another thread I don't agree with skyride at all and I would personally chose not to jump at one of their DZ's. I hope other people do the same but, I know there is 2 sides to every story and some people might not have the option to go to a further DZ because of gas prices, family responsibility ect so it's a question of jump there or not jump. Some people might have started there and feel safe there or maybe they have other personal reasons for jumping there. Just because I don't agree with them doesn't mean I hate them. Plus I don't think it is very good way to get people on my side and to believe I have the sport's best interest in mind to group skydivers to together and tell them I hate them just because of there choice of dropzones without knowing their personal situation. I think that will only make them band together and hate me and the rest of the community more. Just my humble opinion.

Fly like a girl

There really should be another option.

I hate Skyride but do not have a problem with some of the people that work at and/or jump at Skyride owned DZ`s.

Well . . . That might be kinda like being the Kennedy's body guard/chauffeur, you know that deep down, there is a moral issue, but the money makes the difference.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

i feel that if you support them by working for them, or fun jump at one of their DZ's you are part of the problem not part of the solution

I used to feel exactly the same way. Then I took the time to get know them. Some ARE working from within trying to make a difference. Others just don’t care, they like it there and that is that.

They visit our DZ on Saturday nights, We go over there occasionally too. I don’t mind sharing a beer with any of them.

i feel that if you support them by working for them, or fun jump at one of their DZ's you are part of the problem not part of the solution

I used to feel exactly the same way. Then I took the time to get know them. Some ARE working from within trying to make a difference. Others just don’t care, they like it there and that is that.

They visit our DZ on Saturday nights, We go over there occasionally too. I don’t mind sharing a beer with any of them.

I wouldn't help a gear thief, nor befriend someone who chose to do so. Those jumpers you are sharing beers with are promoting a couple people who used the death of a prominent skydiver to steal from his widow. Yes, you already know this, but I think it bears repeating regularly.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Believe it or not, I do have a few friends that work/jump at Prattville and Cedartown but those are the ones that try to stay out of the politics. I see them from time to time when they come out to The Farm to chat. You Farm peeps know that. I still shake their hands and chat for a bit, because some of them and I go waaaaay back before Skyride. I'd rather they didn't work for them, and they know that, but I don't push it on them.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You are correct flygirl1 Hate is a strong word that is why i used it in the title but not in the body. I HATE! skyride and those that created it. I do not hate those that work for them or fun jump there. But as dave said i would not share a beer with them if i know that is where they jump or work.

And Dave Amen brotha, it's amazing to me how people can support and defend people that would steal from widows and orphaned children......

You are correct flygirl1 Hate is a strong word that is why i used it in the title but not in the body. I HATE! skyride and those that created it. I do not hate those that work for them or fun jump there. But as dave said i would not share a beer with them if i know that is where they jump or work.

My bad. I miss red it. I thought you meant you hate the people associated it as well. Darn dyslexia:P

As to weather I'd share a beer with them I don't know since I've never been there, met them or herd there side of the story. They might be cool people, not sure. I know I'm not fond of them supporting the DZ. I am sure I'd never share a drink with them at there home dropzone and that movie some of them made about Billy was mean spirited and immature and I definitely would not want to share a beer with those people.

Fly like a girl

Just to put it out there: I have worked at Skyride for 4 years now & yes we had a lot of issues especially in the beginning but it was mainly because we grew so fast and had so many bookings with a reservation dept. that was not able to set them all up, which is no excuse although now we have a full customer service department and a confirmation department and all reservations sold are confirmed in adv.

Since we set up over a thousand customers a month having a little over 220 BBB complaints most of which date back to 05 which is still not acceptable but its nothing compared to the amount of satisfied customers we have, which far surpasses those who had issues and some of those issues where because they couldn't fly due to weather. Which is out of any ones control but in short the way we operate now is just like any other booking agent. No i wouldn't book through us but neither would i book through Orbiz, Travelocity or any other booking agent only because i know i could save going directly through the actual locations they book for.

Yes i know our websites are hated to say the least but its not a new concept to advertise in surrounding areas that you service i can list plenty of other companies who do the same even if the location they can go to is another state away the only thing that would make it unethical is if a customer calls in and that company still claim to have something for them when they do not that is not right, which we do not do we give an accurate millage to our closets affiliated DZ
If a drop zone OWNER or DZO has an issue with one of our websites they can call me and i can see what i can do, and make changes accordingly more than likely i have already contacted you at one point or another so you should have my information. The last thing i want to say is that instead of listening to what others say join our network for one month so you can have your own opinion instead of listening to other.

Thanks
Ryan Berger
Ryan Berger
Business Development & Vendor Relations for 1-800Skyride

Why do you bother?

Here?

Why?

Yeah, why??? You're only going to get flamed, just because you work for skyride. Go post on ASC's shitty forum instead. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You work for scum and the fact that you have been able to stay there for 4 yrs says something about you. Those of us that have been around Ga. a while know the history of Ben and Cary and the beginning of ASC and Skyride. If anything has changed it is that you may take care of complaints quicker, only because the heat is on and you're trying not to get sued by anyone else.

Four years.

Four years you have worked there; and yet, you still have the audacity to try to make legitimate and beneficial reason of it.

In your office pep-talk meetings, you are obviously filled with how much of everything stated about your company are lies perpetrated by the jealous.

Just keep your ideas to yourself while you fight the same private, internal battle of so many before you, and when you finally get your conscientous epiphany (or you are/have been thrown under the bus as pawn), maybe no one will know who you are well enough to remind you of how stupid you were for so long - or question the timing of your defection.
Roll Tide Roll

no i know exactly whats going on here they do not sugar coat it, although before i say anything in regards to that i will wait for the out come.........;) then see what you have to say

Ryan Berger

Your websites and various phone numbers are INTENTIONALLY DECEPTIVE. Not cool. >:( I also have never been to ANY other dropzone where they ask you for payment over the phone, before you ever show up to the DZ. I've jumped at over 17 dropzones, including 3 different ones for tandems before going through AFF.

Are you claiming that websites like "SkydiveNashville" and numerous others (for a dropzone that is located near Atlanta), use an 800 number and don't have directions or an address for the dropzone on the website are not intentionally deceptive? Is intentionally deceiving the customer a good way to do business? Every reference on that website indicates the DZ it is advertising is located in TN. How about advertising $129 tandem jumps and then tacking on a $50 non-refunded deposit on top of that? And I haven't even mentioned stealing a dead DZO's phone number and taking the money people were calling in to donate to his widow and child.

Defend them all you want. None of us who really know what is going on is going to buy into it.

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

no i know exactly whats going on here they do not sugar coat it, although before i say anything in regards to that i will wait for the out come.........then see what you have to say

So, you know everything going on there, huh? Hmmmm, then a few questions, but for later.

I am confused about that last part there - are you saying when the lawsuits and injunction hearings are over, that's when you will see what anyone has to say? If that's the case, lad, then everyone would think O.J. was innocent. It won't change any minds.

On the other hand, are you saying that your "wait for the outcome" means that is the point at which you will decide where your loyalties lie?

Huh-huh...I said "lie."
Roll Tide Roll

This is almost like a guy saying "Yeah, I used to fuck goats....but"

From the outside looking in it still seems as if somebody's still running around the barn with their dick hanging out.
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

No i am not saying any of that when i mean outcome i mean from what i posted originally.
I do not care where my loyalties "lie" i know there is nothing i can do to change your opinions although when i seen things posted that are not true i felt like posting something im just sitting here at work when i went over some of the things that were being posted. Also
i have just worked for other companies that are 3rd party booking agents and i know how they work and how they generate there phone calls its very similar. and i have no reason to lie a pay check is not worth it.
Ryan Berger